Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Is it just me or does that look like a standard body?

It's a wide body. Someone had a closer pic. You could also see some yellow poking out, so very likely WOZ YBR

#8 5 years ago

Keep them coming.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

That doesn't look like the WOZ topper, different shape.

I'd expect the YBR will have a new topper

#13 5 years ago

If they don't stream it, I'm going to spam F5 this thread.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from abelelectronics:

I’m taking preorders for the ???.

I'll take one ??? with a side of ?

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from abelelectronics:

Ok I’m going to have to charge you ??? Lol.

So at a down payment of 5% I owe you ? 1/2?

#23 5 years ago
    Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
    #26 5 years ago

$11,500 ugh

#39 5 years ago

They said updated mechs but haven't said what that means. Is there a monkey? Is the witch better/redesigned?

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

Radcals, art blades, another wooden apron topper and glitter in the armor. Thats all I heard for extras.

2.0 light boards and cabinet layout design updated to match what DI and POTC have

#55 5 years ago

No monkey.

#65 5 years ago

As much as I hate even thinking about it, I'm considering buying one. We've been trying to get a WOZ for about a month now, and the used ones all want too much IMO. $8k+ and you'd still have to update the light boards.

And with the only version being available now this new YBR, those used WOZ's are going to go up even higher.

#71 5 years ago

That playfield is HOT though. The whole thing glitters and has a metallic type look.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

I don't recall the whole thing metallic but I do know the yellow brick road is and it looks like the same for the yellow brick road on the apron.

Metallic I think is just the road.

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

buy the beautiful ruby red. somebody has to have a new one. dont “monkey around”

Would love to. Been trying to get one for a few weeks now. I’m trying to text Kingpin Chris though about ordering a YBR for MGC but I’m sure he’s busy at TPF.

To me it’s not worth buying an $8k pin then sink another $1k in plus 12 hours for light boards if the boards flake out.

#119 5 years ago

If you look past the price there is a lot of value. Better mechs, more reliable, easier to work on. Sparkling playfield with metallic yellow bricks, I like the yellow wire and trim and wood apron. Radcals are awesome and the art blades look great.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

please dont believe the hype on the boards. i had my ruby red with the older boards and never had one issue with it. especially if it HUO. if you can find a very nice one you can tell if it hasnt been played much. the boards will be ok.

I know two people with WOZ and both have board problems. There is a risk no matter how you look at it.

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

babies die too

You missed the point.

#139 5 years ago

Makes me think wonka and toy story will be north of $10k

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

ladies and gentlemen....this is why JJP can pull off this absolute robbery. Can you believe someone is actually trying to rationalize why this is OK?
    Pinball people never let me down! Hey - at the very least, I hope it brings Jack some more money to make better games so maybe I shouldn't even call this out!

Don’t get me wrong. It’s overpriced.

#154 5 years ago

The more I think about it the more I don’t know that I can bring myself to buy one.

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I’m waiting for the Wicked Witch edition.

$15k by Christmas

#282 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Don't make excuses for JJP trying to screw over this community. Reminds me of someone on here trying to sell a Magic Girl for $20K after buying it for $14K, and when I inquired as to why the $6K price hike in 4 months with NO discernible upgrades, I was told:
    "Well, the opportunity presents itself...and capitalism..and stuff." (paraphrased).
    So, now the whole community gets it in the butt from one of their "saviors."
    Calling it like it is. Looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Its $2k more then Ruby Reds were, looks worse in yellow (reminds me of Rollercoaster Tycoon powder coat), doesn't have a mirrored back glass and a key mechanical feature has been removed.

I don’t disagree. You guys are quoting an old post that I have since said yes it’s overpriced.

#284 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Pretty sure everyone complaining about the monkey mech being removed were never going to buy/couldn't afford a WOZ in the first place and are trying to make themselves feel better about it. LOL. And if you have a WOZ and are complaining it's probably because your monkey mech broke. Haha

Completely disagree. I’ve been waiting to buy a WOZ for over a month now. And I’m pissed they removed the monkey.

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

They aren’t dropping more cash into that game. They aren’t making more because - apparently - it has sold well. Adding some movie clips and voices would require dollars to acquire and implement. And for what? To appeal to a handful of folks?

People here are saying incorrect things about POTC.

They said the reason they stopped making POTC is they sold out of all parts they ordered to make them (meaning it was very successful) but will do future runs and buy more parts if the demand is still there.

#331 5 years ago

To be clear I am not buying a YBR though I was on the fence at first. But it’s too expensive. The monkey killed it. Getting an ECLE instead.

#364 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

You mod guys better get to work. Monky mod $200.
    Money in the bank.

Not that easy. Requires code change too.

#458 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

If YBR is being called a limited edition as it is being sold with no number plaque then every machine JJP releases must be a limited edition.

I believe there will be a number plaque.

#478 5 years ago

It's overpriced regardless of who it is intended for. To say this machine is intended for the collector who doesn't care about price - is that the direction JJP is going now? Forget the regular customers who made the company what it is today and keep the lights on with continued purchases, target a small subset with a new pin? I just can't wrap my head around that.

I would wager that because POTC CE's 200 machines still haven't all sold, and those were $12.5k, I'm betting that that's why YBR wasn't $12.5k also. So, honestly, I hope they don't sell all 200, because then it just gives JJP all the more reason to continue to charge the higher prices.

#482 5 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

I also see on pinballs.com they have Emerald City machines with the 2.0 light boards for $9250 (paid by wire) or Ruby Red machines for $9000 (paid by wire). Seems like a no brainer to go with one of those.
    WoZ is a great game. I've owned it twice now...but in the end it's not the right game for me. All my friends LOVE it, and are mad at me for getting rid of it.
    **edit...actually, not sure if they have those in stock or not...

They have the RR in stock and the Emerald City is actually an "Emerald Green" that was made exclusively for them. I bought one of their Emerald Green machines (only like 50 made). It's like the original ECLE except not direct printed cab and no wood apron. But the color scheme is the same, and has the 2.0 light board system already installed. Also has a custom topper I guess. Mine arrives friday, I'll post pics. I think they are the only place left with NIB non-YBR WOZ - I checked around at quite a few distributors.

1 month later
    #504 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I don't believe JJP puts numbered placks on either their LE or CE game I suspect this is to keep there sales numbers from being known as most sales are LE and CE game

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.