Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

As much as I hate even thinking about it, I'm considering buying one. We've been trying to get a WOZ for about a month now, and the used ones all want too much IMO. $8k+ and you'd still have to update the light boards.
    And with the only version being available now this new YBR, those used WOZ's are going to go up even higher.

You can't be serious. There are really nice used WOZ's that come up for sale ALL the time and they have all the proper mechs included! This is really for that collector who has to have everything. Complete waste. I've owned 2 WOZs and lights were never a real issue. I wouldn't let that sway you.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you look past the price there is a lot of value. Better mechs, more reliable, easier to work on. Sparkling playfield with metallic yellow bricks, I like the yellow wire and trim and wood apron. Radcals are awesome and the art blades look great.

ladies and gentlemen....this is why JJP can pull off this absolute robbery. Can you believe someone is actually trying to rationalize why this is OK?

Pinball people never let me down! Hey - at the very least, I hope it brings Jack some more money to make better games so maybe I shouldn't even call this out!

#148 5 years ago

Yellow wireforms just look so cheap. They should have picked a different shade of yellow

#167 5 years ago

Kaneda on fire. I couldn't of said it better myself. His latest podcast perfectly summarizes what just happened.

Love this company but what an absolute car wreck. They really need to step it up when presenting.

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

All sold out? Really?

Hey received 10 only. Australia loves their WoZ!

#366 5 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

If there is demand, they will build more POTC... Especially if they have the license for three more years. I'm now believing this "POTC is done" business by distributors was just a marketing ploy to move some stock. Sure, they may be drying up now, but they moved a lot of pins pretty quickly by creating the fear of a shortage. Sneaky.
    I'm with everyone else on this WoZ situation. I've always liked JJP, but less for more is never good (not to mention I personally think it is really ugly). They will probably sell all 200 to people who don't know better, so I guess good for them. All will be forgotten by this group once the new shiny things arrives. Pinside loves drama....

I think what's driving the issue with POTC is not the license or parts - it's their margins on it. This woz really showed their cards on where they want to take this - which is more money for their pins. I can almost promise the cost for POTC is way too high for their new business model considering it's literally the most stacked pinball machine ever. They went way overboard and after crunching the numbers Jack was like Fuuuuuuuuuuu this and said no more!

I can see a new Pirates version that is stripped down and more expensive. There could be a chance though they get more assets based on their toy story deal which could lead to better code/integration but legacy owners would benefit from that too. Long story short, NIB POTC might be the last "deal" from JJP we see, if available.

#400 5 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I mean shouldn’t they be crunching the numbers before revealing a pinball machine to the public and producing them in the factory? The idea that they only realized it was too expensive to make after they made them is crazy.

Agreed but I think collectively jjp was crunching the numbers and said this POTC it's just too expensive as their bottom line was getting hurt worse than expected....

#405 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Its not that.. they had enough to build around 1000 potc ... it was slow go until the rumors started about them not making anymore after april. Now most are made and sold and there is no time to order more parts . So ybrwoz will keep them busy until wonka is revealed at which time they will be available shortly after for purchase. It will be nice to be able to get a jjp shortly after reveal. If there is demand for another 500 potc over the next 3 years than parts will be ordered and they will be made

nah....they didn't start a rumor to sell these games. There is more to it. It's cost.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.