Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 5 years ago

I was thinking it might be like a Pro version of WOZ...stripped down easy to service mechs at a lower price point. That’s normally how product life cycles work...start off with the top end luxury models then keep stripping it down at a lower price once all the fixed costs are amortized. Last model is the budget value model. Not sure what JJP are trying with YBR. The final run is a Luxury model but still stripped down. And still no guarantee it’s the final model. Very strange.

#208 5 years ago

Was the monkey kidnapped by Houdini?

#227 5 years ago

Here’s a radical thought.....why wouldn’t they have kept the monkey in the game, but given it flapping wings like the gouveia mod.

Giqven something extra instead of taking it away.

Then there would be some reason for the $2k price increase. Woz YBR would have been the preferred model.

#230 5 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

For those of us that don't own a Woz -- what's the monkey?
    -mof

There’s a mechanical monkey on the backboard that grabs the ball and “flies” it up to the castle upper Playfield. It’s a pretty cool feature. Like most toys it’s not really integral in gameplay. But still cool.

They’ve also taken out one of the opening doors - guessing its the right one on the castle upper pf.

#275 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

All sold out? Really?

At $18000 each? I doubt it.

#373 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

People knew this was coming and put in their deposits. But once they find out the monkey was removed for 11,500 they will tell them to F-off and get the deposit back!

^^ this. Our local distributor claims he’s sold all 10 of his Australian allotment already at AUD$18000. Pretty sure that’s only pre-order deposits based on the rumours that have been going around for a while. Once he tells them the price I’m guessing many will bail. Of course he’s not going to tell them they’ve removed mechs, they’ll need to find that out for themselves. So unless they’re on pinball forums, or go to meets, they might not realize what’s missing. Or the distributor will tell them it was a troublesome mech and you’re better off without it.

#396 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Interesting that some are looking at the Yellow WOZ as a move to keep the lights on. I’m not sure what to think... but it’s disconcerting if that’s true.

I think it's pretty clear this is just a filler to keep the line moving until Willy Wonka. Unfortunate situation where on the one hand POTC hasn't sold well and they've run out of parts. Demand might be picking up a bit, but its not worth investing in a new run of parts when you've got 2 or 3 big new titles on the way.

On the other hand Willy Wonka isn't quite ready for reveal.

So what do they do to fill in this short window of production? A Vault edition like Stern does.

Problem is that they really only need to fill a small amount of production so they need to cap it or restrict demand. If they had come out with a "Pro Edition" that was cheaper they might end up with too many orders that they can't fill because the new title needs production capacity. And maybe they had also run out of Monkey Mechs so it wasn't doing a complete new run of them before they move over to WW.

I can see why they did it, but they probably could have done it better.

#414 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

more shit out of your mouth
    we have had a waiting list for WOZ for over 2 years, the customers were told what the game was and what is and not included and the price
    AND they don't care, they want the game

Nice. And you’re the official JJP distributor? Your customer communication skills are a real asset. No doubt that’s why JJP chose you as their distributor.

#415 5 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Has it been a particularly hot summer in Australia ?

Doesn’t take a particularly hot summer to get Ballypinball excited.

#417 5 years ago

Yes we do a good job of not selling to anal customers like you that complain about everything, a little scratch in a decal join?
    I remember the I want a new Cabinet and extended 5 year Warranty,
    I do what the manufacturers say, DON'T sell to this person as they can't build a game good enough to satisfy you. Not a JJP game by the way.
    So stick to Sterns you can drive them Crazy.
    I have said it in the past, some customers you just can't please and no amount of money is worth dealing with them.
    We sell more games than any other Country in the World outside the USA with my lack of skills.
    Just because we are Distributors doesn't mean we need to be talked to and ordered around, I am not your Wife!

OMFG. Wow.

Not even going to bother addressing the vitriolic crap in that post, but you really need to get some professional help. How the F are you still in business?

And the reason you sell more games than any other dealer is purely because you have no competition. If there was a choice of dealer for JJP or CGC in Australia, you would have zero business.

#420 5 years ago

By selling the games you reject to other people who see them as perfect
    Now how many Games from AMD the Stern Agent have you rejected or complained about, Now be honest as I know the answer and it's not 0

Lol.

You could only dream to be as good a distributor as AMD.

#425 5 years ago

We replaced the playfield and refunded and returned the other Game, Both the playfield and Game sold same day and new customers very happy.

Sold after re-decaling.

#426 5 years ago

I notice you didn't answer the question!
    AMD might put up with your crap to your face and that's great, hope it gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling, but your ears are burning when you leave.

Didn’t answer your question because it’s none of your f*n business.

And since we’re talking about ears burning, let’s talk about how popular you are among collectors in this market.

#429 5 years ago

Treat people how you would like to be treated yourself

Ha. Some good advice for yourself in that post.

#431 5 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

OP end this thread, it’s turned into a pissing match between two aussies.

You’re right. I’m out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.