1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 50 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amused_to_death.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 1 year ago

Some quick pics of the glitter on the YBR and of the yellow wireforms. You'll need to zoom to full size to see the glitter. It looks great in person!

IMG_4843.jpg
    IMG_4845.jpg
    IMG_4847.jpg

#171 1 year ago
    Quoted from Geteos:

I would’ve colour matched the cabinet yellow and put in a nice gold flake to really make them pop.

Agreed. I suppose the "good news" is that it's possible to do that on your own. It would be a lot more difficult to add glitter to the playfield! LOL!

#176 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I work with paint and colors almost everyday, but yeah you don’t need a degree in colorlurghy to see that the yellow they showed is horrible.

I'm not sure that matching the cabinet color is the answer, though. It looks a bit too "orange" to me. I'd be trying to match the yellow brick road on the playfield. The yellow they went with is definitely too bright.

#178 1 year ago
    Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Some quick pics of the glitter on the YBR and of the yellow wireforms. You'll need to zoom to full size to see the glitter. It looks great in person!

Quoted from pipes:

WOZ has looked great in person for the past 8 years.
    This is such a complete joke. I'm a big supporter of JJP but I lost respect for them tonight. This is ridiculous.

To be clear, I was referring only to the glitter on the playfield. I'm in agreement with everyone else as far as the yellow legs and trim goes. It's garish.

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

But yellow is a powerful color that is too much on a pinball machine more often than not.

Bally's Captain Chiquita next to a couple of other bananas on the TPF floor.

Captain Chiquita

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Was the monkey kidnapped by Houdini?

I wonder what the logic is behind the disappearing monkey. I can't imagine its removal was necessary with an $11,500 price tag. And this machine will go to collectors, not operators, so it can't really be about reliability. Oh well, the world is coming to an end in 12 years anyway, so no need to perfect a sliding magnet mech!

#226 1 year ago

https://www.facebook.com/NITROPINBALL/videos/1496805087116118/

"All that glitters is gold." Not the best quality video, but the glittery gold on the apron is GORGEOUS. What we need are legs, side rails, and a lockdown bar that matches the apron instead of being a brighter yellow.

No monkey sucks, to be sure, but I like what I see on the playfield and the apron. The legs can be replaced. Hell, for how many weeks now have we been hearing complains about the color choices on the Munsters LE?

#236 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

looks worse in yellow

But does it? I'm not sold on the yellow side rails and legs, but I do like the yellow wire forms. After all, they spent the whole movie traveling down a yellow brick road, not a red one or a green one. LOL! I'd still rather see a different shade of yellow, though.

#243 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The yellow trim and rails look ugly and out of place in my opinion.

I would liked to have seen a glittery gold that matches what they did on the apron. But paired with completely new side art. I was hoping we'd see something more like what they did with the Pirates CE. In that case, losing a monkey but "saving" $1,000 would have been a "bargain."

In another three or four weeks we're all going to be complaining about the goofy looking blueberry powder coat on a $15,000 Wonka CE! LOL!

"The suspense is terrible...I hope It'll last." — Willy Wonka

#384 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The original metallic green ECLE powder coat still looks the best to me due it being the original selected powder coat color / finish to match the LE's playfield artwork, plastic artwork, cabinet artwork, and even the mirrored backglass on the ECLE (translite only on YBR).

Not that we should have to do it with an $11,500 machine, but what about taking a YBR and replacing the backbox hinge, side rails, lockdown bar, and legs with the original emerald green? I see JJ has the legs and even the emerald green wireforms available in parts. I like the yellow wireforms, though. I think they work as extensions to the yellow brick road.

A quick and dirty 'magic wand' mockup:

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Yes, this machine is a lot $$$, and the monkey is gone, dammit, but I see the new cabinet and hardware, glittery yellow brick road playfield, wooden apron, and new backbox art as all being on the plus side of the equation. As with all things in life, your mileage may very.

#388 1 year ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Why to people buy Magic Girls for 5 digit prices? They don't play at all.

Yeah, didn't Kaneda pay $25K for a broken Magic Girl? And now he's ranting for 19 minutes straight on his latest podcast about a WOZYBR that costs less than half that and is actually playable?! LOL!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 160.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 8.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7.00
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
    Project Pinball Charity
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 6.50
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amused_to_death.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside