Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
    #351 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Easily 200 - the games are being allotted to distributors and they’re already spoken for now.

And those distributors will have them for a good, long time at $11,500.

#352 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

If this is the new JJP price point they will need to put out two or three games a year as at $11,500 they will never sell over 500 games or any model

I own a Hobbit LE HUO for $7200 and a POTC CE and at $12,500 it was a sticker shock but the game is deep in so many ways. My family racked in 500 games in a few weeks time. Mine has had some serious issues but Jack personally has taken over my case and I have sent the game back to be repaired in house on their dime as my local repair tech said it needed in house repair and assessment. I will stand by their level of customer service as top notch, which it has been for this issue.

I was fully expecting to be making a deposit on a WW today, so I am disappointed that it was not the reveal. I do hope that they have a WW reveal in three weeks at MGC. From Jack's commentary, it sounds like that is going to be the window. I plan on making a deposit for a WW CE during the reveal video via Joe @ Pinballstar unless there is something just painful that makes me slow down a bit. I am fully expecting that the price point for JJ games will be at the 8500/9500/12500 for wide bodies and likely 500-1000 less for standard bodies from this point forward. Pricey, but it's not priced for basic consumption imo. It's a high end toy for high end users. If it is more limited, there will be higher demand, even if it is artificial.

For everyone getting butt hurt over the cost original ECLE WOZ, you have to recall that those prices were prepaid/preorders prior to full designs. They were sold at an effective loss to spur interest in the company and develop a loyal player base. Those prices have adjusted to the market and with 2.0 boards you are seeing refurbished ECLE at $9500. I think the glitter powder coat looks great in the video but I do think that the removal of the monkey was an error. I am sure that it was probably a mech that has a file cabinet full of repair orders over the years, but it is still part of the appeal of the game. Had the monkey been in place, I would have had a WOZ YBR on order already. As it is, I am happy to wait for a RR or a ECLE as long as the 2.0 boards are installed. I would hazard that the majority of the cost is due to the box redesign and the glitter on play field/powder coat, and mostly the radcals.

#353 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Backbox needs some yellow to pull it all together

Yep. backbox should be yellow or have enough yellow to tie it together. No doubt.
    -mof

#354 5 years ago

I don’t recall the monkey mech ever being a problem, there just really isn’t anything to the device. There were a few isolated issues with the coupler but that is all I can remember hearing about. I think removing the device as a whole is just a cost cutting, nothing more.

#355 5 years ago

Easily 200 - the games are being allotted to distributors and they’re already spoken for now.

Is that why distributors are in this thread saying the have them available?

#356 5 years ago

What I mean is that they are all allotted and two of the distributors I spoke to have deposits on more than half their number already. With that start, it makes no sense to me that the 200 games will not sell. But this is not something that really needs debating. We can just wait and see what happens. Not a huge issue.

#357 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Backbox needs some yellow to pull it all together, coindoor yellow also might have been better.
    [quoted image]

I disagree with adding more yellow. I think they added the right amount, the game doesn’t need to be murdered out with yellow to look good.

#358 5 years ago

The other bummer is that the captive ball won’t come from the castle door on the upper playfield. It was great to get it there and attempt to score some jackpots on the door while the other balls were popping out.

#359 5 years ago

You mod guys better get to work. Monky mod $200.

Money in the bank.

#360 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

What version LE?

Sorry! POTC LE

Any POTC for that matter

#361 5 years ago

Price is one thing but I guess since I have a RR and am a fan of JJP, I’m more concerned with how they continually drop the ball with managing their image. JJP is becoming the dropping mech company and really this unmatched yellow looks amatuerish. Just makes JJP look bad, like they are out of touch. And why not manage the optics of your company better right before the next major release of a new pin.

And why wouldn’t even the blank-check billionaire that makes this possible care a bit more about how JJP is perceived. Does he really have no care at all and think this is acceptable. Damn, why not put a few thousands into marketing.

#362 5 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

Bought my RR last year and I've been imagining what this would look like for months, secretly thinking maybe I should have waited for the YBR model. First thing I thought when I saw this was "Hmmm, not sure I like that yellow as much as I thought I would." Then, "Wait - that's the price?" And finally, "No monkey???" Glad I bought mine when I did (as I now let out a sigh of relief).

I am in the exact same boat. Bought my NIB RR about a month ago from Automated services. I am extremely thankful I pulled the trigger and did not wait for YBR.

#363 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Damn, I feel bad for everyone at JJP right now. I'm sure they all realize how wack and desperate this is, and are just trying to keep the lights on before Wonka, but it can't feel good. Wishing them the best, but you'd be a real fool to buy this game. Resale is really going to suck, not only is it overpriced, ain't nobody gonna want the version with a removed mech later when buying used.

exactly. people buy pros and bottom line they save a couple thousand and dont care about a missing mech or gimmick. but this is the WOZ ultra model for 11,500 and its missing the monkey? i will see these crashing on secondary market. if you buy this expect to lose 3000 driving it out of the showroom!!!

#364 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

You mod guys better get to work. Monky mod $200.
    Money in the bank.

Not that easy. Requires code change too.

#365 5 years ago

What I mean is that they are all allotted and two of the distributors I spoke to have deposits on more than half their number already. With that start, it makes no sense to me that the 200 games will not sell. But this is not something that really needs debating. We can just wait and see what happens. Not a huge issue.

People knew this was coming and put in their deposits. But once they find out the monkey was removed for 11,500 they will tell them to F-off and get the deposit back!

#366 5 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

If there is demand, they will build more POTC... Especially if they have the license for three more years. I'm now believing this "POTC is done" business by distributors was just a marketing ploy to move some stock. Sure, they may be drying up now, but they moved a lot of pins pretty quickly by creating the fear of a shortage. Sneaky.
    I'm with everyone else on this WoZ situation. I've always liked JJP, but less for more is never good (not to mention I personally think it is really ugly). They will probably sell all 200 to people who don't know better, so I guess good for them. All will be forgotten by this group once the new shiny things arrives. Pinside loves drama....

I think what's driving the issue with POTC is not the license or parts - it's their margins on it. This woz really showed their cards on where they want to take this - which is more money for their pins. I can almost promise the cost for POTC is way too high for their new business model considering it's literally the most stacked pinball machine ever. They went way overboard and after crunching the numbers Jack was like Fuuuuuuuuuuu this and said no more!

I can see a new Pirates version that is stripped down and more expensive. There could be a chance though they get more assets based on their toy story deal which could lead to better code/integration but legacy owners would benefit from that too. Long story short, NIB POTC might be the last "deal" from JJP we see, if available.

#367 5 years ago

This must qualify as one of the strangest reveals of a strange game ever.

#368 5 years ago
    Quoted from Furio:

As it is, I am happy to wait for a RR or a ECLE as long as the 2.0 boards are installed.

I would not let that sway you from getting a WOZ RR with the version 1.2 or 1.3 buffered 7.5v boards. There has been very little issues with these, no more then any other company with their products. Stay away from the non buffered 7.5's and 5v boards.

#369 5 years ago

If the prices goes any higher, POTC will be my last nib JJP pin. Still waiting on my POTC LE. Nothing worse than sending in money and waiting on delivery. I do not want to pay $11,500 for a pinball machine, I hope wonka and Toy Story dont go this high

#370 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

exactly. people buy pros and bottom line they save a couple thousand and dont care about a missing mech or gimmick. but this is the WOZ ultra model for 11,500 and its missing the monkey? i will see these crashing on secondary market. if you buy this expect to lose 3000 driving it out of the showroom!!!

Since pinball enthusiasts will not be the ones buying these and because of missing mechs, I agree, WOZ banana will take a huge hit on resale market probably more than 3K

#371 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I think what's driving the issue with POTC is not the license or parts - it's their margins on it. This woz really showed their cards on where they want to take this - which is more money for their pins. I can almost promise the cost for POTC is way too high for their new business model considering it's literally the most stacked pinball machine ever. They went way overboard and after crunching the numbers Jack was like Fuuuuuuuuuuu this and said no more!
    I can see a new Pirates version that is stripped down and more expensive. There could be a chance though they get more assets based on their toy story deal which could lead to better code/integration but legacy owners would benefit from that too. Long story short, NIB POTC might be the last "deal" from JJP we see, if available.

I’ll be truly shocked if they get the music and voices from toy story. I sure hope they do because if they don’t, I’m not buying. Would be a hollow game theme without those assets. I don’t give a shit what anyone says but art and generic music won’t cut it for this theme.

#372 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Kind of amusing that the “banana version” has no monkey.

Post of the day!

#373 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

People knew this was coming and put in their deposits. But once they find out the monkey was removed for 11,500 they will tell them to F-off and get the deposit back!

^^ this. Our local distributor claims he’s sold all 10 of his Australian allotment already at AUD$18000. Pretty sure that’s only pre-order deposits based on the rumours that have been going around for a while. Once he tells them the price I’m guessing many will bail. Of course he’s not going to tell them they’ve removed mechs, they’ll need to find that out for themselves. So unless they’re on pinball forums, or go to meets, they might not realize what’s missing. Or the distributor will tell them it was a troublesome mech and you’re better off without it.

#374 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Since pinball enthusiasts will not be the ones buying these and because of missing mechs, I agree, WOZ banana will take a huge hit on resale market probably more than 3K

This begs the question... if non-pinball enthusiasts are the ones that will be buying them, why go to TPF. The large expense of travel and sending the game and multiple people there to unveil a game to pinball enthusiasts at a pinball enthusiast convention makes no sense, if they aren't targeting that demo. (I am not disagreeing with you, just trying to make sense of it)

This reveal is a head scratcher on so many levels.

#375 5 years ago

WOZBLA

#376 5 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

Played 3 games of MBRLE last night and believe I saw about everything... doesn’t compare to WOZ imho.

Neither does TYBR by JJP

#377 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

This begs the question... if non-pinball enthusiasts are the ones that will be buying them, why go to TPF. The large expense of travel and sending the game and multiple people there to unveil a game to pinball enthusiasts at a pinball enthusiast convention makes no sense, if they aren't targeting that demo.

Exactly. Confused message from a confused. For example, they obviously have not given a single thought to the fact that removing mechs is not what pinball enthusiasts like.

#378 5 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

Played 3 games of MBRLE last night and believe I saw about everything... doesn’t compare to WOZ imho.

It is not about being comparable when there is $3500 difference and each is a premium product. I have an ECLE but would not pay $10k for it NIB.

#379 5 years ago

Why would people pay so much more for a pin with mechs removed? Very bad optics here as enthusiasts hate mechs removed and you would think that JJP would have learned that from pitates debacle.

#380 5 years ago
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpgamy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    #381 5 years ago

I can only come to one conclusion. There is so much money available in the pinball market at this time (relatively speaking) that companies are cashing in any way possible.

Once the next recession hits (in the next two years) the weak shall be weeded out of pinball.

This is short term gain for JJP and long term pain IMHO

#382 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

They went way overboard and after crunching the numbers Jack was like Fuuuuuuuuuuu this and said no more!

I mean shouldn’t they be crunching the numbers before revealing a pinball machine to the public and producing them in the factory? The idea that they only realized it was too expensive to make after they made them is crazy.

#383 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Damn, I feel bad for everyone at JJP right now. I'm sure they all realize how wack and desperate this is, and are just trying to keep the lights on before Wonka, but it can't feel good. Wishing them the best, but you'd be a real fool to buy this game. Resale is really going to suck, not only is it overpriced, ain't nobody gonna want the version with a removed mech later when buying used.

I thought this was going to be an entry level Woz like $6k for less toys it would have been a win win. Not more money for less game.

#384 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The original metallic green ECLE powder coat still looks the best to me due it being the original selected powder coat color / finish to match the LE's playfield artwork, plastic artwork, cabinet artwork, and even the mirrored backglass on the ECLE (translite only on YBR).

Not that we should have to do it with an $11,500 machine, but what about taking a YBR and replacing the backbox hinge, side rails, lockdown bar, and legs with the original emerald green? I see JJ has the legs and even the emerald green wireforms available in parts. I like the yellow wireforms, though. I think they work as extensions to the yellow brick road.

A quick and dirty 'magic wand' mockup:

Goodbye Yellow Brick RoadGoodbye Yellow Brick Road

Yes, this machine is a lot $$$, and the monkey is gone, dammit, but I see the new cabinet and hardware, glittery yellow brick road playfield, wooden apron, and new backbox art as all being on the plus side of the equation. As with all things in life, your mileage may very.

#385 5 years ago

Are any of the editions any different to play? Why not get an huo standard for $6500?

#386 5 years ago
    Quoted from dts:

Are any of the editions any different to play? Why not get an huo standard for $6500?

Why to people buy Magic Girls for 5 digit prices? They don't play at all.

#387 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Ah, collectibility, ok. This is turning into an existential question. I really meant it in terms of will I enjoy the standard gameplay the same as the others? Haven’t spent much time on it.

#388 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Yeah, didn't Kaneda pay $25K for a broken Magic Girl? And now he's ranting for 19 minutes straight on his latest podcast about a WOZYBR that costs less than half that and is actually playable?! LOL!

#389 5 years ago
    Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Yeah, didn't Kaneda pay $25K for a broken Magic Girl? And now he's ranting for 19 minutes straight on his latest podcast about a WOZYBR that costs less than half that and is actually playable?! LOL!

No, he paid 23k I believe, and that for a Magic Girl that was said to be functional.

If not for him the word that this American Pinball Magic Girl was noting but a box of lights would not have gone out as fast and unfiltered as it did. Hence, we have to tip our hats to him for being honest.

#390 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

People here are saying incorrect things about POTC.
    They said the reason they stopped making POTC is they sold out of all parts they ordered to make them (meaning it was very successful) but will do future runs and buy more parts if the demand is still there.

Come on - if they were making great coin, they would get more parts.

When I heard Jack interviewed about it, he didn’t say there was a shortage. He said they weren’t ordering more. These companies need to sell to make money. If POTC was a sure shot money maker, the would be making the games as fast as they could.

#391 5 years ago

Wow I glad i didn't miss anything while drinking and having fun in Vegas watching March Madness!

It's a shame the hobby has gotten to this point.

I bought a WOZECLE for $6500 when it was announced 8 yrs ago or so? And now we get another "LE". WTF

How about getting Wonka, GNR and Toy Story ready and on the line versus dropping this ugly pig for $11,500?

As for the presentation. Absolutely cringeworthy. Does it surprise me? Nope, just par for the course.

#392 5 years ago

Interesting that some are looking at the Yellow WOZ as a move to keep the lights on. I’m not sure what to think... but it’s disconcerting if that’s true.

I’m wondering: pick up some spare parts for my WOZ now? Dunno.

#393 5 years ago

So they doubled the price from the original LE? How disappointing and greedy. I get that this is better than POTC to sell.

I bought WOZ & Hobbit LEs, and DI CE. I cancelled my POTC CE order, and probably won't buy more at these prices. I'm buying other stuff now, like a lovely set of Klipsch speakers for an Atmos home theater system, with Onkyo THX-certified amps. My point is, there are lots of draws for our coin, and overpriced pins may drop off the list, even when one has lots of coin. At least JJP, unlike Stern, are built well, but still, it's the price dude... Despite all these new machines, I'm just not buying pins currently. Sad, but not hard to figure why.

#394 5 years ago

Does someone have a link to this presentation? I Need something to watch tonight that is entertaining!

#396 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Interesting that some are looking at the Yellow WOZ as a move to keep the lights on. I’m not sure what to think... but it’s disconcerting if that’s true.

I think it's pretty clear this is just a filler to keep the line moving until Willy Wonka. Unfortunate situation where on the one hand POTC hasn't sold well and they've run out of parts. Demand might be picking up a bit, but its not worth investing in a new run of parts when you've got 2 or 3 big new titles on the way.

On the other hand Willy Wonka isn't quite ready for reveal.

So what do they do to fill in this short window of production? A Vault edition like Stern does.

Problem is that they really only need to fill a small amount of production so they need to cap it or restrict demand. If they had come out with a "Pro Edition" that was cheaper they might end up with too many orders that they can't fill because the new title needs production capacity. And maybe they had also run out of Monkey Mechs so it wasn't doing a complete new run of them before they move over to WW.

I can see why they did it, but they probably could have done it better.

#397 5 years ago

If Potc was a big hit I am sure they would make more (if there is more demand) getting a renewal should not be that difficult. I think it's a combination of PotC being very expensive and not a lot sold, I can't find one near me to play. So we can't play it easily and so not buying. I think maybe JJP is getting too carried away with hyper expensive pins $8500 is the cheapest edition.

Sure some can afford $8500 but a lot are more looking in the Stern pro-;premium price range.

I will say out of all my pins Woz is the best and most feature packed pin.

#398 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I think it's pretty clear this is just a filler to keep the line moving until Willy Wonka. Unfortunate situation where on the one hand POTC hasn't sold well and they've run out of parts. Demand might be picking up a bit, but its not worth investing in a new run of parts when you've got 2 or 3 big new titles on the way.
    On the other hand Willy Wonka isn't quite ready for reveal.
    So what do they do to fill in this short window of production? A Vault edition like Stern does.
    Problem is that they really only need to fill a small amount of production so they need to cap it or restrict demand. If they had come out with a "Pro Edition" that was cheaper they might end up with too many orders that they can't fill because the new title needs production capacity. And maybe they had also run out of Monkey Mechs so it wasn't doing a complete new run of them before they move over to WW.
    I can see why they did it, but they probably could have done it better.

What’s the official word on parts for POTC since they aren’t making more machines? They stocked up with some surplus for repairs?

#399 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I thought this was going to be an entry level Woz like $6k for less toys it would have been a win win. Not more money for less game.

Yes. That would have opened up a whole new group of buyers. These $11,000 plus pinball machine markets are going to dry up fast. I’m already drawing a line on Stern’s $9000 LE’s.

#400 5 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I mean shouldn’t they be crunching the numbers before revealing a pinball machine to the public and producing them in the factory? The idea that they only realized it was too expensive to make after they made them is crazy.

Agreed but I think collectively jjp was crunching the numbers and said this POTC it's just too expensive as their bottom line was getting hurt worse than expected....

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019/page/8?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.