Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
    #301 5 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Are you calling for them to be deported?

Fascist!

#302 5 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

Disclaimer: I am a big fan of JJP and I sold my Woz especially to get this machine: A truly limted version of WoZ. ...

Well ... it will probably end up being truly limited anyway.

#303 5 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Still a better deal than a Beatles machine, maybe this market can support selling a few hundred to a select few?

That's what it comes to justify the price by comparing to a ka-pow game wow

#304 5 years ago

if they have the license for 3 more years, you can guarantee their will be another potc made. I mean we are already on our 47th version of woz!

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

That's what it comes to justify the price by comparing to a ka-pow game wow

I’ll gladly take my Beatles gold over that atrocious looking yellow woz. That is from both a looks and gameplay perspective.

#306 5 years ago

compare this to a mbrle you can buy for 8000.

#307 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

if they have the license for 3 more years, you can guarantee their will be another potc made. I mean we are already on our 47th version of woz!

What's interesting with Pirates is Jack didn't sound confident at all that there will be another run, he simply said he could never say never and repeated a couple times "we ordered X amount of parts for X amount of games" and are "sold out". Something similar was said about making Ruby Reds which I don't see how those could be sold for $9500 in the future considering that model has more features in it then the YBR which costs $2k more.

Personally, I think the Pirates models as we know today, the standard, LE, and CE, are done. However, I wouldn't be surprised at all come a year from now at TPF 2020 if a Black Pearl "Limited" Edition is announced in "limited quantities" with a price tag of $11,500+. Jack even said something like "as they say in show business, leave the audience wanting more". That comment aligns perfectly with Pirates going out of production for a year (maybe longer) and them coming back in 1-2 years saying "It's back!" with some crazy expensive version.

#308 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Well ... it will probably end up being truly limited anyway.

I am sorry to say that they will probably sell all of them. I wish them the best but people just keep buying everything no matter how much the manufacturers take out and up the price. Te fact thjat they sell justifies those actions from them. I stopped buying Stern because they do that and now I also will not buy this JJP.

My Houdini is much more bang for the buck, American Pinball shows that it can be done. A good quality machine for a decent price. MBrLE also, but they did not have to develop the game, just enhance it, so that takes away a part of the cost.

#309 5 years ago
    Quoted from jsm172:

What constitutes the 12k price tag for this machine? The 200 dollar powder coated legs? This seems like a total rip-off if you ask me

But they give you a topper LOL

#310 5 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

My Houdini is much more bang for the buck, American Pinball shows that it can be done. A good quality machine for a decent price. MBrLE also, but they did not have to develop the game, just enhance it, so that takes away a part of the cost.

I agree, American pinball and CGC are putting themselves in a good position. I own a MMrle and love it, I have not bought an american pinball game but really like what they are doing, and look forward to playing a Oktoberfest soon.

I am really excited for a Wonka pin, but at these prices, even though its a grail pin for me its a pass...

#311 5 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I agree in principle. But there can never be any justification for the pinball disgrace known as The Beatles.

Any manufacturer that asks over $10,000 for a bloody pinball game is a disgrace

#312 5 years ago
    Quoted from Furio:

Two new games this year, WOZ YBR is not one of them. Not announced when they will be announced. Production starts soon on the first one though as potc line is being converted.

If this is the new JJP price point they will need to put out two or three games a year as at $11,500 they will never sell over 500 games or any model

#313 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

If this is the new JJP price point they will need to put out two or three games a year as at $11,500 they will never sell over 500 games or any model

I'm pretty sue the next new JJP's will be $9500 LE's Would you buy for this JY64?

#314 5 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I'm pretty sue the next new JJP's will be $9500 LE's Would you buy for this JY64?

My self I really can't go over $7500/$7995 or so

#315 5 years ago

This is not a great sign for JJP. Pulling out mechs, charging more, and causing intnernal derision. This is not how successful companies run. I think without a doubt this solidifies Chicago Gaming as the strong number 2 pinball provider.

#316 5 years ago

Ruby Red owners right now:

RR edition (resized).jpgRR edition (resized).jpg
    #317 5 years ago

I can see the adds now:

For Sale **RARE WOZ RR LE with Monkey Mech and opening castle doors** 15K

LOL

#318 5 years ago

Rediculous pricing! Cmon JJP, I’d love to own one of your games one day but not at these price points.

#319 5 years ago

I feel sorry for the JJP folks. They had to feel like complete schmucks making this announcement last night.

And who’s idea was it to wrap the game in trash bags before the reveal? Just throw a god damn sheet over it.

#320 5 years ago

I'm glad I own ECLE #1000 of #1000

YBR... the colors are way off for my taste, removing the monkey and increasing the price

#321 5 years ago

I’m waiting for them to come out with a run of 10 Toto SE’s with Tan Trim for $TwentyK!!

#322 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Unique code required numbnuts

Of course it needs unique code...... to compensate for the removed mechanisms.

#323 5 years ago

For that $, should have added one new mechanical toy, kept the monkey, matched the yellow, and talked up the pin having updated boards and being in the newer style cabinet...

#324 5 years ago

JJP should have learned their lesson about removing mechs with POTC. Also, shiny paint jobs and calling it limited does not equal $3000 in value, especially when there have already been several special or limited editions.

#325 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hjbondar:

I’m waiting for them to come out with a run of 10 Toto SE’s with Tan Trim for $TwentyK!!

sneak peak of the toto edition trim option:

edit: the ramps are going to be really slow...
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#326 5 years ago

Trying to understand his comments "don't buy something new next week, week after, or week after that"...guessing it relates to Wonka release announcement, but what else could be announced in those prior weeks that would compete for Wonka dollars?

#327 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Trying to understand his comments "don't buy something new next week, week after, or week after that"...guessing it relates to Wonka release announcement, but what else could be announced in those prior weeks that would compete for Wonka dollars?

Stern announces something approximately every 3 to 4 months.

#328 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Stern announces something approximately every 3 to 4 months.

true..I guess I just don't know "what's next"...personally, I'm pretty saturated, so not actively looking at any adds currently...

#329 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Don’t spit in the face of those who support your company.

Sigh. This level of vitriol. It’s great to see that after all these years Jack can still piss people off like this.

I’ve been a customer of his. I’ve supported him. And he has priced me out of his games. But I don’t feel he’s ever spat in my face. Every JJP thread since he started has included this crap.

#330 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

The RR with monkey is the best WOZ right now in my opinion

942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png

#331 5 years ago

To be clear I am not buying a YBR though I was on the fence at first. But it’s too expensive. The monkey killed it. Getting an ECLE instead.

#332 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Bean counters calling the shots. I’d be seriously worried if I owned a JJP machine now. How long is it going to be around?
    A stripped down, higher priced, yellow WOZ reveal screams “We have nothing to reveal.”

This entire fiasco smacks of desperation at every level and makes me very guarded about the future viability of the company. POTC seems to have cost them dearly, and the fact that they stopped production just as they were finally seemingly getting into a good groove can’t be anything but a bad sign. Then they waltz into TPF and give an embarassingly amateur-hour presentation where they insult all of our intelligences by pitching a decontented product costing thousands more than the original as some sort of “upgrade”.

At minimum, I think they need to knock it out of the park in every area with the next game and establish a track record of not screwing-up anything major for at least a year or they won’t ultimately survive. Unfortunately if JJP is indeed on the ropes, losing this confidence among potential customers like myself is the LAST thing they need and could push them even closer to the edge, a sad “lose-lose” situation for all parties involved. They design and build some of the most magnificent, fun, smartly-engineered, and artful pinball machines of all time but seem to have less business sense than the neighborhood kids who sell lemonade and cookies during the summer.

I’d also have a lot of anxiety about future serviceability, and would probably be feverishly ordering a stockpile of known weak parts right about now...

#333 5 years ago

For those of you at the TPF:

Are LE’s available at the TPF? Thinking of driving up there right now but only if LE’s are still available. Thanks!

#334 5 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

Disclaimer: I am a big fan of JJP and I sold my Woz especially to get this machine: A truly limted version of WoZ.

What!? Why? “Limited” is just a marketing slogan that means absolutely nothing, ESPECIALLY JJP games. You fell for marketing BS & sold a game you loved because of it it!?!?!

A truly limited game will be limited due to TIME - old prototypes or 99% of games that will never be remade. New “limited” games mean nothing. JJP will keep making more if they perceive demand. Stern has Premiums which are the same exact game.

#335 5 years ago

Backbox needs some yellow to pull it all together, coindoor yellow also might have been better.

7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    #336 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Backbox needs some yellow to pull it all together, coindoor yellow also might have been better.
    [quoted image]

That is one unattractive machine!

#337 5 years ago

Although I think it was a bad business decision to get rid of anything, it would have made more sense to get rid of the ball lock than the monkey mech. It could have been a virtual ball lock while keeping the munchkin hut for the ball to pass through. It seems like the ball lock not lifting the arm or letting multiples balls out when it does lift is the most common issue people have with the mechanisms in the game. The monkey mech seems fairly reliable and usually the main problem people report here is just a switch adjustment at the ends of the monkey mech. The doors not opening in the witch castle is also not that big of a deal since it can be fixed and secured with some loctite.

#338 5 years ago

Pinside may not like the new configuration, but they will sell all 200.

#339 5 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Unfortunately you’re right.

#340 5 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

I am not so sure about that. They have not always been able to sell all those CE games for other titles and the prices on them have been discounted.

#341 5 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Are LE’s available at the TPF? Thinking of driving up there right now but only if LE’s are still available. Thanks!

I am at TPF, no le,only YBR, DI, POTC.

#342 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

What!? Why? “Limited” is just a marketing slogan that means absolutely nothing, ESPECIALLY JJP games. You fell for marketing BS & sold a game you loved because of it it!?!?!
    A truly limited game will be limited due to TIME - old prototypes or 99% of games that will never be remade. New “limited” games mean nothing. JJP will keep making more if they perceive demand. Stern has Premiums which are the same exact game.

Hi Rare, I agree that limited means nothing especially at JJP, but 200 is a lot more limited than 1000. I like to have something different but not at any cost. That said the LE's of JJP are a much better value than those of Stern so I would always opt for the LE.

#343 5 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

What version LE?

#344 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

compare this to a mbrle you can buy for 8000.

Not to justify the cost of this yellow addition but in comparison to MBRLE, id rather have this yellow addition over an $8000 dated game. Anyway you slice it these games are old and the gameplay reflects that. Ive gone back and forth on the remakes for a while and I ultimately settled on a DILE and I am very happy with my choice.

#345 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Not to justify the cost of this yellow addition but in comparison to MBRLE, id rather have this yellow addition rather than an $8000 dated game. Anyway you slice it these games are old and the gameplay reflects that. Ive gone back and forth on the remakes for a while and I ultimately settled on a DILE and I am very happy with my choice.

$3500 difference makes MBRLE with the nice topper a no-brainer to me.

#346 5 years ago

Damn, I feel bad for everyone at JJP right now. I'm sure they all realize how wack and desperate this is, and are just trying to keep the lights on before Wonka, but it can't feel good. Wishing them the best, but you'd be a real fool to buy this game. Resale is really going to suck, not only is it overpriced, ain't nobody gonna want the version with a removed mech later when buying used.

#347 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

$3500 difference makes MBRLE with the nice topper a no-brainer to me.

Played 3 games of MBRLE last night and believe I saw about everything... doesn’t compare to WOZ imho.

#348 5 years ago

Just learned that the $20k Toto SE comes with a special issue chew toy!

#349 5 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Bullshit.

#350 5 years ago

Easily 200 - the games are being allotted to distributors and they’re already spoken for now.

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019/page/7?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.