Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
    #251 5 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

How the hell are they losing money?!

In order to make money the machines have to sell. The average Joe pinball collector or enthusiasts can not justify or come up with say 10k+ to have a pinball machine in their home.
    Arcades and other locations that route machines pony up the money hoping to draw those who can't buy one to come in to their establishment and spend some money playing and most of all...alcohol.
    Make new friends and have some fun for less than a new machine.
    -Mike

#252 5 years ago

Glitter must have gotten really expensive here recently...

#253 5 years ago

So they have released an Emerald version a ruby version and now a banana version .

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

So they have released an Emerald version a ruby version and now a banana version .

Yes and if you count CE and standard, plus the special version for Australia, that makes 6 versions of the same thing, just different paint and price points. Less mech, as in no monkey too.

#255 5 years ago

Gary has a big grin on his face: He muses, let’s see door number one has one table for $11,500.00 with new paint and the other door has 2 Pro’s of your choice for $5,750 each, for the same money. Which door has better value and more fun?

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Gary has a big grin on his face: He muses, let’s see door number one has one table for $11,500.00 with new paint and the other door has 2 Pro’s of your choice for $5,750 each, for the same money. Which door has better value and more fun?

That ist easy: the one door has more fun, the other one more value

#257 5 years ago

This thread....

E37D3612-C9E5-4325-9B66-DCBE49281B13 (resized).jpegE37D3612-C9E5-4325-9B66-DCBE49281B13 (resized).jpeg
    #258 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is very a unfortunate path being taken by Jack. Heard WOZYBR will be $18,000.00 in Australia. That’s insane price levels for a more stripped version of the same game that sold for many thousands less, not long ago. Even the elite Aussie emerald WOZ edition was a whopping $6,000.00 less. I see many people with good reason are questioning the next rumored release WW. Trust is a huge factor with a companies customer base. Prices for the same iteration keep soring with JJP and truly nothing is an LE with them, even though they’ve made couple of nice games.

Brent, I am so glad you swapped your Dialed In LE for a Stern Star wars LE, so I don't have to lower myself to ever dealing with you anymore.

You say you are a big time collector but with 2 Games? Jack treated you as a friend with respect, answered your calls and text messages, and all you do is shit on Him.

You are a failed Businessman trying to fail another.

Just for the record we could only get 10 of the 200 YBR and all are sold out today.

#259 5 years ago

All sold out? Really?

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

All sold out? Really?

Hey received 10 only. Australia loves their WoZ!

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Australia loves their WoZ!

I guess so.
    -Mike

#262 5 years ago

we only got allocated 10, not sure what other distributors got

#263 5 years ago

JJP did a presentation at TPF in order to drum up sales excitement for WOZYBR.

In hindsight, it would have been better to not have done it at all and hide the internal lack of excitment within the company. Why sour and agitate your entire fanbase right before an actual big reveal of your next new game?

Has JJP not learned yet(!) that removing mechs is just bad PR? Pinball enthusiasts CrInGe when hearing these words.

#264 5 years ago

I admit I really like JJP pins. However if I like Toy Story, and I probably will, I will have to buy it used. I can't pay the prices of NIB anymore. Not just JJP but Stern as well. So HUO is my path to future pin purchases.

#265 5 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Kind of amusing that the “banana version” has no monkey.

#266 5 years ago

Did anyone have a feeling that when he said never say never for another run of potc. That they are working on new deal with Disney probably the same time they are working out a deal with toy story license material. I would not be shocked to see another run of pirates with movie clips and voices.

#267 5 years ago

Toy Story will need the iconic music and movie footage to sell well. And priced under 10k for LE

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Toy Story will need the iconic music and movie footage to sell big

Tom hanks’s brother (Jim), will gladly do Woody’s voice work, for the Toy Story pinball. most people don’t know that (Jim) already does everything “Woody’s” voice outside of the movies, which Tom does.

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Excellent..my thoughts exactly.
    At approximately $3,000 more in price too.

Are there that many people out there that love WOZ this much?
    -Has not held it's value. (close, but no)
    -Has given buyers fits with all the errors
    -Has been resold often.

I certainly don't get it.

#270 5 years ago

Pretty sure everyone complaining about the monkey mech being removed were never going to buy/couldn't afford a WOZ in the first place and are trying to make themselves feel better about it. LOL. And if you have a WOZ and are complaining it's probably because your monkey mech broke. Haha

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman:

Did anyone have a feeling that when he said never say never for another run of potc. That they are working on new deal with Disney probably the same time they are working out a deal with toy story license material. I would not be shocked to see another run of pirates with movie clips and voices.

They aren’t dropping more cash into that game. They aren’t making more because - apparently - it hasnt sold well. Adding some movie clips and voices would require dollars to acquire and implement. And for what? To appeal to a handful of folks?

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Pretty sure everyone complaining about the monkey mech being removed were never going to buy/couldn't afford a WOZ in the first place and are trying to make themselves feel better about it. LOL. And if you have a WOZ and are complaining it's probably because your monkey mech broke. Haha

No most people are smarter than you and won't spend more money on less product. That was just a dumb comment.

#273 5 years ago

Only one reason for this price hike and despite Pirates being a great pin, I have zero doubt that they must have lost their ass on that machine with the delays and issues coupled with a very expensive Disney License right out of the gate.

This banana edition with glitter is just a cash grab to recoup as much as possible.

#274 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

I think they should try a black and white version next

That wouldn’t make sense. WOZ being in color was a big deal in 1939.
    But I bet it would look/play better than that hideous black and white Munsters.

#275 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

All sold out? Really?

At $18000 each? I doubt it.

#276 5 years ago

Did Jack supply good pizzas or powdered donuts to the event?

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Only one reason for this price hike and despite Pirates being a great pin, I have zero doubt that they must have lost their ass on that machine with the delays and issues coupled with a very expensive Disney License right out of the gate.
    This banana edition with glitter is just a cash grab to recoup as much as possible.

I think you are close here. I have owned three JJP pins ( and still own two). When you compare the physical build of POTC SE ( not even the LE) to a recent Stern LE, the JJp obviously seems higher end /more expensive to build ,yet they are similar price points. People knock Stern for QC on this site all the time, but they obviously are running a healthy business which is making fun (for their customer base) machines at a price that supports covering their costs and making a profit that makes the business worthwhile for their owners (there is nothing wrong with that!).

JJP business model is to make a really high end game and they may not be able to cover their costs while making a decent profit. Pirates is a great game. If they have the license for 3 more years and are not making them it is not because they are not selling (ask the distributors), it is most likely because they can not make them at a profit. There can be a lot of reasons for this but controlling expenses and providing quality is what makes manufacturing a difficult business. For some reason ,it seems they know how to to make WOZ's but even there this price jump , I think they are telegraphing their ability to keep manufacturing costs down is a problem.

#278 5 years ago

Wrong, wrong. I own RR and my monkey works just fine thanks

We care about JJP and want them to make better decisions moving forward.

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

No most people are smarter than you and won't spend more money on less product. That was just a dumb comment.

Unique code required numbnuts

#280 5 years ago

I generally like to support other Aussies on this site but that was a really shitty Post .

#281 5 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman:

If there is demand, they will build more POTC... Especially if they have the license for three more years. I'm now believing this "POTC is done" business by distributors was just a marketing ploy to move some stock. Sure, they may be drying up now, but they moved a lot of pins pretty quickly by creating the fear of a shortage. Sneaky.

I'm with everyone else on this WoZ situation. I've always liked JJP, but less for more is never good (not to mention I personally think it is really ugly). They will probably sell all 200 to people who don't know better, so I guess good for them. All will be forgotten by this group once the new shiny things arrives. Pinside loves drama....

#282 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Don't make excuses for JJP trying to screw over this community. Reminds me of someone on here trying to sell a Magic Girl for $20K after buying it for $14K, and when I inquired as to why the $6K price hike in 4 months with NO discernible upgrades, I was told:
    "Well, the opportunity presents itself...and capitalism..and stuff." (paraphrased).
    So, now the whole community gets it in the butt from one of their "saviors."
    Calling it like it is. Looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Its $2k more then Ruby Reds were, looks worse in yellow (reminds me of Rollercoaster Tycoon powder coat), doesn't have a mirrored back glass and a key mechanical feature has been removed.

I don’t disagree. You guys are quoting an old post that I have since said yes it’s overpriced.

#283 5 years ago

nice looking but stupid money

#284 5 years ago

Completely disagree. I’ve been waiting to buy a WOZ for over a month now. And I’m pissed they removed the monkey.

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

They aren’t dropping more cash into that game. They aren’t making more because - apparently - it has sold well. Adding some movie clips and voices would require dollars to acquire and implement. And for what? To appeal to a handful of folks?

People here are saying incorrect things about POTC.

They said the reason they stopped making POTC is they sold out of all parts they ordered to make them (meaning it was very successful) but will do future runs and buy more parts if the demand is still there.

#286 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

They said the reason they stopped making POTC is they sold out of all parts they ordered to make them (meaning it was very successful) but will do future runs and buy more parts if the demand is still there.

This may be the public excuse/talking point but after hearing what they said and reading between the lines there is more to this than just parts availability.

#287 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

This may be the public excuse/talking point but after hearing what they said and reading between the lines there is more to this than just parts availability.

Spot on. If they were making money producing POTC, they would order more parts to build more.

If the current stock of parts was the determinitive factor on continued production, WOZ should have been done years ago.

Or, Perhaps they just recently ran out of the monkey

#288 5 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

If there is demand, they will build more POTC... Especially if they have the license for three more years. I'm now believing this "POTC is done" business by distributors was just a marketing ploy to move some stock. Sure, they may be drying up now, but they moved a lot of pins pretty quickly by creating the fear of a shortage. Sneaky.
    I'm with everyone else on this WoZ situation. I've always liked JJP, but less for more is never good (not to mention I personally think it is really ugly). They will probably sell all 200 to people who don't know better, so I guess good for them. All will be forgotten by this group once the new shiny things arrives. Pinside loves drama....

Not about demand at this point.

Nobody knows how much the delays and redesign of the two toys cost them but if the margins are razor thin at this point they just won’t keep making them.

I mean, why would they? Not like they are out multiple titles per year to absorb something like this. Time to move on to the next two titles in my opinion from a business perspective.

#289 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

The last part was never said. Jack was very unsure of if Pirates will ever be made again. He said he can never say never but didn't mention anything about ordering new parts. There was no "yes" or "if demand is there of course" type comment. Same thing was said about Ruby Red WOZ's but how can those be made now at $9500 if the $11,500 version has a feature removed?

Personally I think the $11,500 WOZ will be the only version of WOZ made for the foreseeable future as that is the price they decided they need to charge to make it profitable enough. As far as we know JJP may not have been making as much profit as they wanted to with Ruby Red.

Black Pearl Pearl Pirates being made a year from now at $11,500? Now that I can see at this point.

#290 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Time to move on to the next two titles in my opinion from a business perspective.

Agreed - but they didn't - they instead inserted this yellow "placeholder" or (ironically the correct color) speed bump which may dampen the excitement for the next 2 titles - especially if this price is a foreshadow of the next 2 title's prices.

#291 5 years ago

I sometimes use the term less is more, but I dont think this will work out for JJP.

#292 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

As much as I hate even thinking about it, I'm considering buying one. We've been trying to get a WOZ for about a month now, and the used ones all want too much IMO. $8k+ and you'd still have to update the light boards.
    And with the only version being available now this new YBR, those used WOZ's are going to go up even higher.

Honestly, just be patient and find a nice HUO Ruby Red. It's the best of them all. No need to update the light boards. I rarely play mine because I'm consumed with PoTC right now, but it's a beautiful game to even turn on and look at lol. Unless you are just sold on the WoZ theme, if you don't have a pirates, THATS the JJP game to get.

#293 5 years ago

Car dealer: Normally we sell these 2018 cadillac escalades fully loaded for $82k. However, since we released the "Upgraded" 2019 models we removed climate control, the leather seats have been replaced with Very top shelf vinyl and power windows now have wonderful yellow powder coated hand cranks. Topping it all off it now comes in our new top selling color "Yellow Bliss" at a bargain price of $85k.
    Customer: Do I look like an asshole to you?

#294 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR is ready to go being one of JJP’s larger distributors we have a nice allotment coming of WOZ YBR ! $ 250 refundable deposit to secure your spot.
    We still have a few POTC LEs too ; )
    Email Joe at [email protected].
    TY
    Joe
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

you are a great guy. but you come into this thread after all the negativity and come off like a snake oil salesman.

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m sorry but as much as I love most of what JJP does this game is a huge miss at every level. My favorite part of the presentation was when someone asked “what is your favorite new feature of the YBR addition?” And the team was without words lol. Most said “ I like the yellow......” lol. Plus as they noted and their site notes “Limited to a number of games” lol. Basically whatever number we can sell. Sad as if they announced another run of POTC LE’s there would have been a line out the door to buy them. Sad day for JJP unfortunately.

another train wreck reveal.

#296 5 years ago

JJP is not a successful business - period. We saw that in spades last night. Glad they have a billionaire investor and not a millionaire investor. Although the latter may be true if they continue down this path.

#297 5 years ago

Typical shit show thread with the usual pileing on mentality. 200 WOZ’s keeps the line moving for JJP, keeps workers employed, and adds experience to workers building a game that JJP has mastered from years of production. JJP games SHOULD cost thousands more than the competition because they are superior. New owners will love this game regardless of the complainers.

#298 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Hey received 10 only. Australia loves their WoZ!

they should ship all 200 of these atrocities out of the country.

#299 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

they should ship all 200 of these atrocities out of the country.

Are you calling for them to be deported?

#300 5 years ago

Disclaimer: I am a big fan of JJP and I sold my Woz especially to get this machine: A truly limted version of WoZ. My monkey worked always great (and I had every version of WoZ there is) and I was just waiting on this presentation to be able to order.

But just like with Pirates they are going backwards. Taking out the monkey. Of course an animation on the screen is more reliable than a mechanical toy. But that for me is just the thing. Pinball is not on the screen, it is on the playfield. I look enough at screens already all day.

Just as with the rings and the chest not closing on POTC, this is just something they cannot do. If Jack came out and said: it is too expensive I would respect that much more. Now he just blames the engineers that they cannot engineer a magnet that goes up and down an axl. If that is the truth, maybe their engineers should look at a 3d printer because that is all a 3d printer does. I do not buy that story. And an opening and closing a chest, come on guys, like that has never been done before...

I get the feeling that Jack does not care so much anymore as he used too. I remember him from the times that I met him as a very enthousiastic guy that had passion for what he was doing. Trying to make better games than Stern in every way possible. I still like the machines very much but I will not be getting this "new and improved" version.

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019/page/6?hl=looking4firstpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.