Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
    #201 5 years ago

Pinball pricing getting out of hand. This is honestly ridiculous. It's so easy to get a woz new or used. At this point most people who want a woz more than likely already own one. I know Stern is watching all this and just laughing all the way to the bank.

#202 5 years ago

JJP have finally 'jumped the shark'.

It's time for a reality check. This games is way too expensive - especially because basically the same game (inc the monkey) once sold for $6500.

#203 5 years ago
    8DB53A50-7C61-401D-A825-80B5D9E9B9A1 (resized).jpeg8DB53A50-7C61-401D-A825-80B5D9E9B9A1 (resized).jpeg
    #204 5 years ago

Yep the monkey monkey quit when he found out how much JJP were now charging for the game.

#205 5 years ago

He said F this, I don’t want any part of this garbage

6458FF80-4001-4E00-9EBE-3291A772F060 (resized).jpeg6458FF80-4001-4E00-9EBE-3291A772F060 (resized).jpeg
    #206 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

But yellow is a powerful color that is too much on a pinball machine more often than not.

Bally's Captain Chiquita next to a couple of other bananas on the TPF floor.

Captain ChiquitaCaptain Chiquita

#207 5 years ago

“Pin prices keep on growing
    And they're certainly not showing
    Any signs that they are slowing”

F7AB028A-5175-43D4-B0BC-161D8AB89239 (resized).jpegF7AB028A-5175-43D4-B0BC-161D8AB89239 (resized).jpeg

#208 5 years ago

Was the monkey kidnapped by Houdini?

#209 5 years ago

PinballSTAR is ready to go being one of JJP’s larger distributors we have a nice allotment coming of WOZ YBR ! $ 250 refundable deposit to secure your spot.

We still have a few POTC LEs too ; )

Email Joe at [email protected].

TY
    Joe

C58F977D-884E-4192-9666-B02D77CAE0A3 (resized).jpegC58F977D-884E-4192-9666-B02D77CAE0A3 (resized).jpegF2695EDE-81B4-414A-8803-C43DF6BC6DEC (resized).jpegF2695EDE-81B4-414A-8803-C43DF6BC6DEC (resized).jpegC432D607-FBEB-4061-B4CF-8C7531D6D27E (resized).pngC432D607-FBEB-4061-B4CF-8C7531D6D27E (resized).png
    #210 5 years ago

Bought my RR last year and I've been imagining what this would look like for months, secretly thinking maybe I should have waited for the YBR model. First thing I thought when I saw this was "Hmmm, not sure I like that yellow as much as I thought I would." Then, "Wait - that's the price?" And finally, "No monkey???" Glad I bought mine when I did (as I now let out a sigh of relief).

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

Bought my RR last year and I've been imagining what this would look like for months, secretly thinking maybe I should have waited for the YBR model. First thing I thought when I saw this was "Hmmm, not sure I like that yellow as much as I thought I would." Then, "Wait - that's the price?" And finally, "No monkey???" Glad I bought mine when I did (as I now let out a sigh of relief).

Ugly, Overpriced and Decontented.

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Was the monkey kidnapped by Houdini?

I wonder what the logic is behind the disappearing monkey. I can't imagine its removal was necessary with an $11,500 price tag. And this machine will go to collectors, not operators, so it can't really be about reliability. Oh well, the world is coming to an end in 12 years anyway, so no need to perfect a sliding magnet mech!

#213 5 years ago

:::throws up hands and walks away:::

#214 5 years ago

Wow I am VERY out of the loop here!
    What happened with Pirates? Every player I’ve met at tourneys and leagues has said POTC is an amazing game!

And DI as well as POTC aren’t selling well?!
    What the

I LOVE Dialed In. I’m saving up for a JJP because Dialed is so incredible.
    How the hell are they losing money?!

#215 5 years ago

I'm still trying to get over the fact that they can't make a treasure chest open and close...and now a sliding magnet?

#216 5 years ago

If JJPs next game isn't a homerun, they will probably be going under. They make great games, other than WOZ there themes suck. I cannot believe in 5 or 6 years WOZ almost doubled in price and you get less of a game. I own 62 games, keep raising your prices Jack, you are making me rich. I am making more money on my pinballs than I am in my 401k. People who spend 11,500 for a pinball machine need there head checked.

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

If JJPs next game isn't a homerun, they will probably be going under. They make great games, other than WOZ there themes suck. I cannot believe in 5 or 6 years WOZ almost doubled in price and you get less of a game. I own 62 games, keep raising your prices Jack, you are making me rich. I am making more money on my pinballs than I am in my 401k. People who spend 11,500 for a pinball machine need there head checked.

While I certainly agree that this YBR edition is just, well, underwhelming... I have no regrets spending what I spent on a POTCCE...

Jeff

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wow I am VERY out of the loop here!
    What happened with Pirates? Every player I’ve met at tourneys and leagues has said POTC is an amazing game!
    And DI as well as POTC aren’t selling well?!
    What the
    I LOVE Dialed In. I’m saving up for a JJP because Dialed is so incredible.
    How the hell are they losing money?!

Dialed In is an absolutely fantastic game. No idea how they didn't sell the flippers off this game. I would think they would keep running this game given how good it is and there being no license.

The only thing I cant think of is the market is just so flooded right now..

#219 5 years ago

I’m sorry but as much as I love most of what JJP does this game is a huge miss at every level. My favorite part of the presentation was when someone asked “what is your favorite new feature of the YBR addition?” And the team was without words lol. Most said “ I like the yellow......” lol. Plus as they noted and their site notes “Limited to a number of games” lol. Basically whatever number we can sell. Sad as if they announced another run of POTC LE’s there would have been a line out the door to buy them. Sad day for JJP unfortunately.

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Dialed In is an absolutely fantastic game. No idea how they didn't sell the flippers off this game

The reality is, there are only so many buyers for $9000+ pinball machines.

And overseas, the price is like doubled, so there are even less.

Here in New Zealand, I know of 3x Woz, 3x Hobbits, 1x Dialed In, 0x Pirates. They cost $15,000 by the time they get here.

It’s pretty clear that Pirates didn’t sell. Look at the owners here on Pinside - I think around 250 all up last time I looked. While obviously that’s not all they made, it’s an indication they didn’t sell many of them. The fact they stopped making them while they have 3 years of licence left speaks volumes ...

I wish JJP all the best with everything ... but can’t help but think they need a decent price high volume pin to keep the lines moving and the cash rolling in.

rd

#221 5 years ago

The jjp investment group needed to move $2M this quarter, reputation be damned

#222 5 years ago

No one from the pinball community will buy it as without the monkey it will forever be thought of as the stripped down, weird yellow, rippoff version. And JJP takes a hit to their reputation with this one as well.

#223 5 years ago

I’ll say what every person has already said : less mechs and features, more money, crappy color matching = total rip-off.

What a let down! At 11,500 plus tax, it clearly is insulting the pinball communities intelligence. So sad.

One last thing, I do sales seminars for a sales staff every month and if I conducted a presentation like that I’d be without a job! What a snooze fest! I thought the Dialed In’s reveal was bad. Somebody get those guys some coffee up there!

#224 5 years ago

This is very a unfortunate path being taken by Jack. Heard WOZYBR will be $18,000.00 in Australia. That’s insane price levels for a more stripped version of the same game that sold for many thousands less, not long ago. Even the elite Aussie emerald WOZ edition was a whopping $6,000.00 less. I see many people with good reason are questioning the next rumored release WW. Trust is a huge factor with a companies customer base. Prices for the same iteration keep soring with JJP and truly nothing is an LE with them, even though they’ve made couple of nice games.

#225 5 years ago

I think they should try a black and white version next

#226 5 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/NITROPINBALL/videos/1496805087116118/

"All that glitters is gold." Not the best quality video, but the glittery gold on the apron is GORGEOUS. What we need are legs, side rails, and a lockdown bar that matches the apron instead of being a brighter yellow.

No monkey sucks, to be sure, but I like what I see on the playfield and the apron. The legs can be replaced. Hell, for how many weeks now have we been hearing complains about the color choices on the Munsters LE?

#227 5 years ago

Here’s a radical thought.....why wouldn’t they have kept the monkey in the game, but given it flapping wings like the gouveia mod.

Giqven something extra instead of taking it away.

Then there would be some reason for the $2k price increase. Woz YBR would have been the preferred model.

#228 5 years ago

For those of us that don't own a Woz -- what's the monkey?
    -mof

#229 5 years ago

Monkey took off to Oktoberfest for some quality grab ass.

monkey (resized).jpegmonkey (resized).jpeg

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#230 5 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

For those of us that don't own a Woz -- what's the monkey?
    -mof

There’s a mechanical monkey on the backboard that grabs the ball and “flies” it up to the castle upper Playfield. It’s a pretty cool feature. Like most toys it’s not really integral in gameplay. But still cool.

They’ve also taken out one of the opening doors - guessing its the right one on the castle upper pf.

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

There’s a mechanical monkey on the backboard that grabs the ball and “flies” it up to the castle upper Playfield. It’s a pretty cool feature. Like most toys it’s not really integral in gameplay. But still cool.
    They’ve also taken out one of the opening doors - guessing its the right one on the castle upper pf.

Yes, Door is gone.

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you look past the price there is a lot of value. Better mechs, more reliable, easier to work on. Sparkling playfield with metallic yellow bricks, I like the yellow wire and trim and wood apron. Radcals are awesome and the art blades look great.

Don't make excuses for JJP trying to screw over this community. Reminds me of someone on here trying to sell a Magic Girl for $20K after buying it for $14K, and when I inquired as to why the $6K price hike in 4 months with NO discernible upgrades, I was told:

"Well, the opportunity presents itself...and capitalism..and stuff." (paraphrased).

So, now the whole community gets it in the butt from one of their "saviors."

Calling it like it is. Looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

#233 5 years ago

No need for a moving door if there's no ball to let out

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you look past the price there is a lot of value. Better mechs, more reliable, easier to work on. Sparkling playfield with metallic yellow bricks, I like the yellow wire and trim and wood apron. Radcals are awesome and the art blades look great.

Its $2k more then Ruby Reds were, looks worse in yellow (reminds me of Rollercoaster Tycoon powder coat), doesn't have a mirrored back glass and a key mechanical feature has been removed.

#235 5 years ago

yup, thought when potc sales were weak he would of got the hint he was overpriced...……... guess not?

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

looks worse in yellow

But does it? I'm not sold on the yellow side rails and legs, but I do like the yellow wire forms. After all, they spent the whole movie traveling down a yellow brick road, not a red one or a green one. LOL! I'd still rather see a different shade of yellow, though.

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Dialed In is an absolutely fantastic game. No idea how they didn't sell the flippers off this game. ... The only thing I cant think of is the market is just so flooded right now..

And the MEH theme doesn't help either.

#238 5 years ago

Despite all the anger here, will these still sell? Is there a customer out there?

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yup, thought when potc sales were weak he would of got the hint he was overpriced...……... guess not?

Jack went the wrong direction on this. As crazy as it sounds he should have made the pro model and then Monkey gone makes sense.
    Say $7500, would have sold another 2000 units over 2 years.

#240 5 years ago

DI can be brought back as needed for more runs should the demand be there. Right now, although the factory is just about out of DIs there are some distributors that still have some.

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Jack went the wrong direction on this. As crazy as it sounds he should have made the pro model and then Monkey gone makes sense.
    Say $7500, would have sold another 2000 units over 2 years.

exactly, lots of tight asses would take a watered down version.

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

But does it? I'm not sold on the yellow side rails and legs, but I do like the yellow wire forms. After all, they spent the whole movie traveling down a yellow brick road, not a red one or a green one. LOL! I'd still rather see a different shade of yellow, though.

The yellow trim and rails look ugly and out of place in my opinion. The yellow brick road fits so well on the playfield and cabinet as it's one of the only things that is actually yellow which helps draw attention to, the yellow armor and rails take away from that. The original metallic green ECLE powder coat still looks the best to me due it being the original selected powder coat color / finish to match the LE's playfield artwork, plastic artwork, cabinet artwork, and even the mirrored backglass on the ECLE (translite only on YBR).

#243 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The yellow trim and rails look ugly and out of place in my opinion.

I would liked to have seen a glittery gold that matches what they did on the apron. But paired with completely new side art. I was hoping we'd see something more like what they did with the Pirates CE. In that case, losing a monkey but "saving" $1,000 would have been a "bargain."

In another three or four weeks we're all going to be complaining about the goofy looking blueberry powder coat on a $15,000 Wonka CE! LOL!

"The suspense is terrible...I hope It'll last." — Willy Wonka

#244 5 years ago

Jesus. Just keep giving me a reason to buy nib sterns, jjp..... this shit is bushleague. I mean, sure - beatles was a seawitch remix.... but goddamn.... I’m fucking sick of seeing new editions of woz. Do better. Seriously. This isn’t your best. I feel bad for you - as you are clearly in a bad way - needing to rehash this crap.

#245 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Despite all the anger here, will these still sell? Is there a customer out there?

Yup, found some.

maxresdefault-42 (resized).jpgmaxresdefault-42 (resized).jpg
    #246 5 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

Knew this for a few days and was disappointed. Should be a lesser priced version for all to enjoy....Instead it's the middle finger.

I get the sentiment... but the problem is that people keep paying for the middle finger. This pinball companies will keep cranking the prices.

It will only stop when consumers say so

#247 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Don’t see people giving their honest appraisal as anger or hate. Just because someone appraises value good or bad, doesn’t equate to anger or hate. It’s personal opinions and that is what this or any forum is all about.

#248 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Don’t see people giving their honest appraisal as anger or hate. Just because someone appraises value good or bad, doesn’t equate to anger or hate. It’s personal opinions and that is what this or any forum is all about.

Well, people can express their opinions in an angry way, for example:

Quoted from eraserhead:

Jesus. Just keep giving me a reason to buy nib sterns, jjp..... this shit is bushleague. I mean, sure - beatles was a seawitch remix.... but goddamn.... I’m fucking sick of seeing new editions of woz. Do better. Seriously. This isn’t your best.

And he didn't mention hate.

#249 5 years ago

Bean counters calling the shots. I’d be seriously worried if I owned a JJP machine now. How long is it going to be around?

A stripped down, higher priced, yellow WOZ reveal screams “We have nothing to reveal.”

#250 5 years ago

Keep it up JJP, you almost gave special K an aneurysm. Maybe next time!!

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019/page/5?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.