Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
    #151 5 years ago

If JJP put some effort into exactly matching the trim to yellow on road of cabinet, it would have looked 100 times better. These two yellows clash or at the very least do not ‘pull’ from each other. And if yellow was matched to playfield, then update cab art.
    C385EE5A-3B55-45A5-B189-944EE8E26FAB.jpegC385EE5A-3B55-45A5-B189-944EE8E26FAB.jpeg

JJP is supposed to be our ‘boutique’ pinball company and this looks amatuerish. You just know HEP would never match like this for example.

Poor effort here JJP and this is your elite edition.

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Yellow wireforms just look so cheap

I agree. Maybe I’m just old fashioned though and prefer plain metal finish. I don’t care what color they are, but they always remind me of a dishwasher rack when they’re painted

#153 5 years ago

This is how they should’ve done it, and I’d have to believe they still could change it. As it stands now the yellow is ridiculous.
    23BBA4D1-7F10-4DCB-8172-C792DCC5D325 (resized).jpeg23BBA4D1-7F10-4DCB-8172-C792DCC5D325 (resized).jpeg

#154 5 years ago

The more I think about it the more I don’t know that I can bring myself to buy one.

#155 5 years ago

Remember Seinfeld where George double-dipped a chip?

Jack has dipped 4 times.

B5A96B1E-E1B5-4BEF-83BB-7FCF1B3D52CF.gifB5A96B1E-E1B5-4BEF-83BB-7FCF1B3D52CF.gif
    #156 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

This is how they should’ve done it
    [quoted image]

the darker yellow on the decal is more appropiate.

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

11,500 with tax and shipping,

26B005D7-F66F-46DD-9412-DA47E45A4E4B (resized).jpeg26B005D7-F66F-46DD-9412-DA47E45A4E4B (resized).jpeg

#158 5 years ago

Updated Mech's or Deleted Mech's. I guess the Monkeys flew the coop. I'm a JJP fan and have a WOZ RR but boy looking at this machine make me want to grab a hotdog with mustard.

Forget that updated lights to ver 2.0 sales pitch bullshit too, I have the ver 1.2 7.5v buffered boards and never had an issue.

I think it's a miss IMHO, but wish them well. Here's to looking for the next title.

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Jack has dipped 4 times.[quoted image]

Just take one dip and end it.

#160 5 years ago

This hobby is out of control and will soon eat itself alive.

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Jack has dipped 4 times.[quoted image]

I’m waiting for the Wicked Witch edition.

#162 5 years ago

I would’ve colour matched the cabinet yellow and put in a nice gold flake to really make them pop.

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

That actually would be pretty cool! Dark colors and new artwork

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

$15k by Christmas

#165 5 years ago

Sounds like a ton of hate out there for the YBR on the price, removing the mech, color,.... Well, the good news is for all the owners of the other limited versions, they still have a great machine that isn't out dated.

#166 5 years ago

JJP needs to switch direction. Now. There is no one within the Pinball hobby who’ll defend this.

It’s a gouge of non Pinball fans, because, well, they haven’t produced a pin since WOZ that has sold well.

Make it up with YBR and start GNR and WONKA and make some real pins?

Double, triple, quadruple dip. But then get on with this. We know.

#167 5 years ago

Kaneda on fire. I couldn't of said it better myself. His latest podcast perfectly summarizes what just happened.

Love this company but what an absolute car wreck. They really need to step it up when presenting.

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

This is how they should’ve done it[quoted image]

Re matching the yellows... Exactly! Why the f&@$ do we hobbyists have to point out these most obvious of all obvious f&@$ing things to JJP! A building filled with pros who do this fulltime with decades of experience.

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

Weren't these under $7K new when 1st released.

‘memba when WOZ was $6500? I ‘memba!

‘memba when LE actually meant “limited”? I ‘memba.

‘memba when JJP released their 12th LE variation of the same title? Oh, that’s today.

#170 5 years ago

‘Memba when JJP existed

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from Geteos:

I would’ve colour matched the cabinet yellow and put in a nice gold flake to really make them pop.

Agreed. I suppose the "good news" is that it's possible to do that on your own. It would be a lot more difficult to add glitter to the playfield! LOL!

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Re matching the yellows... Exactly! Why the f&@$ do we hobbyists have to point out these most obvious of all obvious f&@$ing things to JJP! A building filled with pros who do this fulltime with decades of experience.

I work with paint and colors almost everyday, but yeah you don’t need a degree in colorlurghy to see that the yellow they showed is horrible.

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

That actually would be pretty cool! Dark colors and new artwork

Quoted from f3honda4me:

$15k by Christmas

Might happen. You never know.

#174 5 years ago

Wish it was April fools. You gotta be kidding me.
    Now looking forward to WW milk chocolate color trim elite edition!

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Some quick pics of the glitter on the YBR and of the yellow wireforms. You'll need to zoom to full size to see the glitter. It looks great in person!

WOZ has looked great in person for the past 8 years.

This is such a complete joke. I'm a big supporter of JJP but I lost respect for them tonight. This is ridiculous.

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I work with paint and colors almost everyday, but yeah you don’t need a degree in colorlurghy to see that the yellow they showed is horrible.

I'm not sure that matching the cabinet color is the answer, though. It looks a bit too "orange" to me. I'd be trying to match the yellow brick road on the playfield. The yellow they went with is definitely too bright.

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Wish it was April fools. You gotta be kidding me.
    Now looking forward to WW milk chocolate color trim elite edition!

Oompa Loompa Edition
    Verruca salt edition
    Charlie and grandpa edition
    Etc

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Some quick pics of the glitter on the YBR and of the yellow wireforms. You'll need to zoom to full size to see the glitter. It looks great in person!

Quoted from pipes:

WOZ has looked great in person for the past 8 years.
    This is such a complete joke. I'm a big supporter of JJP but I lost respect for them tonight. This is ridiculous.

To be clear, I was referring only to the glitter on the playfield. I'm in agreement with everyone else as far as the yellow legs and trim goes. It's garish.

#179 5 years ago

Why does jjp take mechs out of games and charge the same amount or more? The potc thing was a nightmare and tonight looked like amateur hour. Very awkward unveiling. Why not hire someone to handle this for you???

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from estrader:

Why does jjp take mechs out of games and charge the same amount or more? The potc thing was a nightmare and tonight looked like amateur hour. Very awkward unveiling. Why not hire someone to handle this for you???

Or order a nice black velvet sheet off Amazon.

#181 5 years ago

JJP should wrap it in garbage bags again.

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

JJP should wrap it in garbage bags again.

Talk about foreshadowing right?

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from tpir:

Along with no fun shots, bad animated gif art and bad design on the LCD (so much wasted space and difficult to follow during play.)
    This is extremely galling on JJP's part. Although that does not shock me since I just watched a moron frisbee out MAGA-style pinball hats.

Ok, I don’t care about a lot of things, but this one I do take exception to. I owned WOZ for 2 years. The LCD in WOZ is the best designed pinball display ever done. You can tell exactly where you are in the progression with a glance. You can tell exactly what to do. The game communicates status perfectly once get used to reading it.

#184 5 years ago

Good news is for those who don't like the look or price there are plenty of huo and even some other nib models to purchase ...

#185 5 years ago

Someone correct me if I’m wrong; but did i hear Jack say that they were limiting the YBR to 200, but they may make more if they sell?

#186 5 years ago

Yes limited to 200... but then will make any amount at any time in the future as they see fit

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Yes limited to 200... but then will make any amount at any time in the future as they see fit

Ok thanks. Just wanted to be sure because some distributors and people seem to be selling this off as a Limited Edition, not Latest Edition.

#188 5 years ago

What really kills it for me is the black coin door and those wire forms. No question it could have been done better to match the
    YBR on art. It’s just too damn bright.

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong; but did i hear Jack say that they were limiting the YBR to 200, but they may make more if they sell?

LOL. You can't make this stuff up. What a clown show.

#190 5 years ago

And the more I look at it I don’t know if a matched yellow powder coat will do it any good. It would be better than the bright yellow as shown at the show though. But yellow is a powerful color that is too much on a pinball machine more often than not. I don’t think that any shade of yellow will ever look right with the cabinet artwork.

#191 5 years ago

I just perceive this as a slap in the face. People were legit excited to either see what game is next or possibly a less expensive version of WOZ.

Instead Jack comes in and “unveils” an 8 year old game in a different color with apparently more reliable yet less mechs than previous versions and charges more money for it! Gee thanks Jack for doing the pinball community a solid!

I also like how it’s limited to 200 unless it sells well then of course they will gladly make more for the fools rushing to buy it. What a joke.

Hopefully it looks better in person because it looks horrible in pictures.

#193 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

And the more I look at it I don’t know if a matched yellow powder coat will do it any good. It would be better than the bright yellow as shown at the show though. But yellow is a powerful color that is too much on a pinball machine more often than not.

Yes no doubt about it. I can’t see this sitting among my collection like this.

#194 5 years ago

I am a big fan of JJP and own a WOZRR, removing the monkey and adding 2k to the price just doesn’t make sense at all.

2000 games later I have not had any issue with the monkey and wouldn’t mind having to fix it anyways it is such a good toy.

Plus this version is obviously not made for opertors, it’s a collector version so it just makes no sense at all.

#195 5 years ago

If you want to make this game fine. It’s clearly just a cash grab. Just don’t bring it to a pinball show full of pinball hobbyists whom spend thousands of dollars for these things and act like it’s a good deal. Don’t spit in the face of those who support your company.

Make 100 of them and peddle those turds at high end car shows or some other event where people with way too much money attend and sell them there. The uninformed buyer with money to burn is the target audience for this pin.

#196 5 years ago

The ruby red and emerald green are gorgeous machines. I think theyre scewing around and are going to make it gold not yellow.

#197 5 years ago

Another thing...

Reliability is important... but for heaven’s sake IT’S NOT MORE IMPORTANT than having the damn mech working!

The mechs are what is cool about this machine!

Removing the monkey is not a feature - it is not something that any collector or lover of the pinball artform would rave about. What we want is the mech to work reliably.

Now, regarding the flying monkey mech... I’ve never had an issue with mine in my RR. But I’m assuming there must have been some issues.

Now why the fark, in 7+ (8?) years that this mech has been not reliable, can’t JJP just fix it? It’s a magnet that slides up a rail.

There is not a single collector or hobbiest that wants this mech removed from this machine and to have it marketed as an improvement is a insult.

Think not just about making a few more dollars JJP, think about your reputation as a company - please because we continue to root for you despite this ridiculousness (but it’s getting harder).

#198 5 years ago

I was thinking it might be like a Pro version of WOZ...stripped down easy to service mechs at a lower price point. That’s normally how product life cycles work...start off with the top end luxury models then keep stripping it down at a lower price once all the fixed costs are amortized. Last model is the budget value model. Not sure what JJP are trying with YBR. The final run is a Luxury model but still stripped down. And still no guarantee it’s the final model. Very strange.

#199 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

As much as I hate even thinking about it, I'm considering buying one. We've been trying to get a WOZ for about a month now, and the used ones all want too much IMO. $8k+ and you'd still have to update the light boards.
    And with the only version being available now this new YBR, those used WOZ's are going to go up even higher.

Pinballs.com still has Emerald and Ruby versions with 2.0 light boards Nib for $9,500.

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

Pinballs.com still has Emerald and Ruby versions with 2.0 light boards Nib for $9,500.

And a monkey to boot!

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019/page/4?hl=pipes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.