Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I don't think this is a big deal, all the pinball people that want a WOZ already have one, the YBR doesn't have the monkey so owners of the older ones won't feel bad and JJP can make some money from some very wealthy families who are new to pinball. Hopefully they can put that cash back into the business.

Two of my neighbors are looking for a WOZ and I told them to wait until this new version is released.

They will now both be purchasing HUO.

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

buy the beautiful ruby red. somebody has to have a new one. dont “monkey around”

Yep....NIB, RR would be my choice at the moment

#103 5 years ago

$ 11,500 Brick more like it.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

This YBR edition only increases my love for my ECLE.

Yep - the green ECLE version looks best so far to me.

I understand the 2021 orange Munchkinland version is gonna be killer though!

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

This YBR edition only increases my love for my ECLE.

#106 5 years ago

So I wonder how the ball is getting up to the castle playfield without the monkey? The door on the right appears to still be there.

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

All of the JJP pins have top notch build quality, innovation, and software..

Along with no fun shots, bad animated gif art and bad design on the LCD (so much wasted space and difficult to follow during play.)

This is extremely galling on JJP's part. Although that does not shock me since I just watched a moron frisbee out MAGA-style pinball hats.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yes, but that version will be missing the monkey mechanism and both upper play fields.

#109 5 years ago

Is there a reason they removed the monkey?

#110 5 years ago

Don't like the yellow trim, I get it's a theme, but it looks meh.

#112 5 years ago

jjp and their money grabs are just turning me off to them. this is garbage!
    another horrible reveal. they just dont know how to reveal their pins.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Limited Edition - how many?

200 suckers

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I don't think this is a big deal, all the pinball people that want a WOZ already have one, the YBR doesn't have the monkey so owners of the older ones won't feel bad and JJP can make some money from some very wealthy families who are new to pinball. Hopefully they can put that cash back into the business.

Releasing this game to me just seems laughable. This should have been released over a website not unveiled as something new.

I’d say the company needs new leadership. The last two titles they’ve botched the release timelines and they are already a dropping pirates like a bad habit.

Really wondering if/when they will figure out all the problems.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Releasing this game to me just seems laughable. This should have been released over a website not unveiled as something new.
    I’d say the company needs new leadership. The last two titles they’ve botched the release timelines and they are already a dropping pirates like a bad habit.

It is embarrassing.

Hopefully, they will get their act together and figure it out.

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

buy the beautiful ruby red. somebody has to have a new one. dont “monkey around”

Would love to. Been trying to get one for a few weeks now. I’m trying to text Kingpin Chris though about ordering a YBR for MGC but I’m sure he’s busy at TPF.

To me it’s not worth buying an $8k pin then sink another $1k in plus 12 hours for light boards if the boards flake out.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

they said they ordered parts for a number of pirates and parts ran out and they are done with it even though they have the license for 3 years.
    guess it wasnt very succesful.

#118 5 years ago

Here are my reactions...

1. WTH? No Monkey and 11.5K?

2. OK, they make some more money and maybe playfield and apron really do look better in person. More money is good for the company.

3. No, wait a sec. Somehow this just doesn’t seem like it puts JJP in a good light. Why is the Monkey mech removed? Is that really that expensive a part or faulty enough that they had to remove for this elite edition? I never had a problem with mine in my RR. Something just doesn’t sit well with me but it’s been less than an hour.

#119 5 years ago

If you look past the price there is a lot of value. Better mechs, more reliable, easier to work on. Sparkling playfield with metallic yellow bricks, I like the yellow wire and trim and wood apron. Radcals are awesome and the art blades look great.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Would love to. Been trying to get one for a few weeks now. I’m trying to text Kingpin Chris though about ordering a YBR for MGC but I’m sure he’s busy at TPF.
    To me it’s not worth buying an $8k pin then sink another $1k in plus 12 hours for light boards if the boards flake out.

please dont believe the hype on the boards. i had my ruby red with the older boards and never had one issue with it. especially if it HUO. if you can find a very nice one you can tell if it hasnt been played much. the boards will be ok.

#121 5 years ago

Somewhere right now Gary Stern is having a vodka on the rocks and smiling

#122 5 years ago

And the 2.0 boards are definitely not flaky.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

Somewhere right now Gary Stern is having a vodka on the rocks and smiling

Lol

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you look past the price there is a lot of value.

I don't think you know what value means...

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

So I wonder how the ball is getting up to the castle playfield without the monkey? The door on the right appears to still be there.

Thought they said that the magnet will hold onto the ball in the playfield and then shoot a ball from the VUK. But I will admit it was hard to hear.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

please dont believe the hype on the boards. i had my ruby red with the older boards and never had one issue with it. especially if it HUO. if you can find a very nice one you can tell if it hasnt been played much. the boards will be ok.

I know two people with WOZ and both have board problems. There is a risk no matter how you look at it.

#127 5 years ago

Same old ugly witch in the tube. Just a money grab...

#128 5 years ago

Did they replace the Wizard with Ronald McDonald? I'll have fries with that!

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you look past the price there is a lot of value. Better mechs, more reliable, easier to work on. Sparkling playfield with metallic yellow bricks, I like the yellow wire and trim and wood apron. Radcals are awesome and the art blades look great.

Hey, if that logic helps you sleep better, God bless you.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I know two people with WOZ and both have board problems. There is a risk no matter how you look at it.

babies die too

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

babies die too

You missed the point.

#132 5 years ago

Wow it's so ugly. JJP sucks.

#133 5 years ago

Weirdly, this has taken a bit of the shine off of "Wonka appeal" for me, the more I think about it.....man, I really want to add another JJP to my lineup, but the talk of "better build, better this, better that", then seeing this, again with a cool mech removed for more $$$...just don't understand it

#134 5 years ago

Weren't these under $7K new when 1st released.

#135 5 years ago

guess POTC was a miss for them and wanted a filler before next game given the previous title was Dialed in, which i do like, but prob also didnt sell well due to original theme.. makes you wonder what the financial situation is.

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

they were losing money at that price

#137 5 years ago

New style boards.

B7F1738F-ECEB-4E5F-97EA-6C2E54AB876D (resized).pngB7F1738F-ECEB-4E5F-97EA-6C2E54AB876D (resized).png
    #138 5 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

Emerald Cities were $6500 I recalled but that was like 5-6 years ago when prices were more realistic.

#139 5 years ago

Makes me think wonka and toy story will be north of $10k

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

guess POTC was a miss for them and wanted a filler before next game given the previous title was Dialed in, which i do like, but prob also didnt sell well due to original theme.. makes you wonder what the financial situation is.

I think it’s clear that POTC was something of a disaster financially.

I hope they can right the ship, but I don’t see how this yellow WOZ at $11,500 is going to be very beneficial.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

ladies and gentlemen....this is why JJP can pull off this absolute robbery. Can you believe someone is actually trying to rationalize why this is OK?

Pinball people never let me down! Hey - at the very least, I hope it brings Jack some more money to make better games so maybe I shouldn't even call this out!

#142 5 years ago

I agree this should not have been a "covered" pin announcment, but it doesn't really matter in the end.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Sorry it's so pricey for you, I know you were hoping it would be less. Still, it just proves there might be a market for this after all. Who know how many they actually have to sell to make it worthwhile at these prices anyway.

So much anger here. The world does not owe us reasonably priced pinball machines. It's too much for me but I"m not angry about it, I just won't buy one. If Wonka comes out at 10K plus, I'll be sad as it's a dream theme, but it's their business and they have to do what best for them. Anyway, I don't think I'll stay in this thread and debate this though

If you do get it, f3, enjoy. I bet it's a great looking machine in person (they always seem to look better in person than the pictures or videos show).

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Makes me think wonka and toy story will be north of $10k

Makes me think I won’t be buying one.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

they were losing money at that price

So i guess now is the time to make up the $ short fall for 1st release

#145 5 years ago

yea, out of this thread too.....WOZ has been JJP's cornerstone, love my ECLE ( very reliable since the boards were switched some time back), but now questioning if there's another bullet in the chamber ( was never a DI guy, in on POTCCE until they changed the mechs).....

Bourbon night..time to play what I have....

#146 5 years ago

11,500 with tax and shipping, i will buy an oktoberfest and a nice huo stern pro!

#147 5 years ago

Some quick pics of the glitter on the YBR and of the yellow wireforms. You'll need to zoom to full size to see the glitter. It looks great in person!

IMG_4843.jpgIMG_4843.jpg
    IMG_4845.jpgIMG_4845.jpg
    IMG_4847.jpgIMG_4847.jpg

#148 5 years ago

Yellow wireforms just look so cheap. They should have picked a different shade of yellow

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

ladies and gentlemen....this is why JJP can pull off this absolute robbery. Can you believe someone is actually trying to rationalize why this is OK?
    Pinball people never let me down! Hey - at the very least, I hope it brings Jack some more money to make better games so maybe I shouldn't even call this out!

Don’t get me wrong. It’s overpriced.

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

... Bourbon night..time to play what I have....

I like your thinking. And your collection!

You should reconsider re: POTC. I was never hot about it until recently. My LE is my first JJP and it's quite a game!

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019/page/3?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.