Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
    #51 5 years ago

I guess this game is for wealthy families who are new to pinball.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from GrandFireball1:

The new backglass looks nice at least

At $11,500, I’m sure JJP will include the Vaseline as well.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I guess this game is for wealthy families who are new to pinball.

For that price, you could almost buy a used hobbit and used woz

#54 5 years ago

The yellow brick road in the center of the playfield looked pretty cool, it is metallic colored. I saw this playfield a few weeks ago during a visit. The yellow metallic powder coating is probably nice. I am glad they are making games, whatever they are.

#55 5 years ago

No monkey.

#56 5 years ago

Confirmed monkey mech gone. Says rules compensate, gameplay not
    impacted.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

Confirmed monkey mech gone

Wow, and it’s still $11,500?

They’ve got some pair of balls.

#58 5 years ago

Mechanical monkey was just confirmed to be removed. It’s now activates an extra ball launched into the upper play field.

#59 5 years ago

I am deeply disappointed in my great state.

They stopped making Pirates for this yellow monstrosity taped up in garbage bags? For 12k? Honestly, it looked better when it had the garbage bags on it.

Ug, somebody buy this I guess... so they can move on and show us what’s next. Not that I’ll be able to afford it haha.

#60 5 years ago

#61 5 years ago

Taking preorders for yellow brick road woz. PM if interested.

03A7D8C1-D4E5-47F7-A35E-6174E7DB5434 (resized).png03A7D8C1-D4E5-47F7-A35E-6174E7DB5434 (resized).png83921489-04FE-4E24-AECF-5E73FF03649F (resized).jpeg83921489-04FE-4E24-AECF-5E73FF03649F (resized).jpegC47B7765-72DD-4C18-AB53-E1151855FBE2 (resized).pngC47B7765-72DD-4C18-AB53-E1151855FBE2 (resized).pngCAEA3075-361F-4C63-A568-743CFD5E8B0B (resized).pngCAEA3075-361F-4C63-A568-743CFD5E8B0B (resized).png
    #62 5 years ago

Knew this for a few days and was disappointed. Should be a lesser priced version for all to enjoy....Instead it's the middle finger.

#63 5 years ago

And I get it, they need to make money and all that.

But at least when Stern puts out the Beatles and Supreme they have ten other affordable games on the line.

#64 5 years ago

What constitutes the 12k price tag for this machine? The 200 dollar powder coated legs? This seems like a total rip-off if you ask me

#65 5 years ago

As much as I hate even thinking about it, I'm considering buying one. We've been trying to get a WOZ for about a month now, and the used ones all want too much IMO. $8k+ and you'd still have to update the light boards.

And with the only version being available now this new YBR, those used WOZ's are going to go up even higher.

#66 5 years ago

Wait. Is the Monkey really gone?

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

And I get it, they need to make money and all that.
    But at least when Stern puts out the Beatles and Supreme they have ten other affordable games on the line.

I agree in principle. But there can never be any justification for the pinball disgrace known as The Beatles.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from jsm172:

What constitutes the 12k price tag for this machine?

What makes people immediately add money on to the price?

#69 5 years ago

APRIL FUCKIN FOOLS FOOLS.
    Lol. Ya got me with that one Jack.

#70 5 years ago

Wait. Is the Monkey really gone?

Yes, monkeys are being shunned everywhere in pinball, get with the program.

#71 5 years ago

That playfield is HOT though. The whole thing glitters and has a metallic type look.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Regarding Pirates.
    Yes Jack said they have the license for 3 more years but! He said they have X amount of parts for X amount of games and that's how many they can build. Jack said he can never say never about building it again but there was no definitive "yes". Sounds like it may done for good but Jack didn't want to say so.

Hmm.. id say more will be made in the next 3 years as more people get to play it and if enough demand is there... they will make it.

#73 5 years ago

I'm glad I got the Ruby Red when I did, Not a huge fan of the yellow. But hope they sell what they need to keep going.
    I'm sure gouveia is breathing a sigh of relief that the monkey has been removed, so he doesn't get bombarded by more people requesting his awesome mods.

#74 5 years ago

I'm glad they brought back the wooden apron, it looks freakn sweet. I like it, I think it looks pretty damn nice. The price is unfortunate but if this is what they need to do to keep rolling then so be it. I think people need to be more positive, no matter what is released, look for the good in things. Its not like its the last game to be built, there will be more new games built and hopefully at a cost the majority can digest.

#75 5 years ago

I guess at 11.5k they are just looking for suckers. It's a bad look for JJP. Doesn't look very nice either.

#76 5 years ago

Guy in crowd: "what is with this mode where you just keep hitting the flippers and you score keeps going up?"
    Eric: "you have a switch which needs adjusting in your game."

#77 5 years ago

Honestly, it looked better when it had the garbage bags on it.

#78 5 years ago

features poster...

poster (resized).pngposter (resized).png

#79 5 years ago

I think it looks good. But the RR with monkey is the best WOZ right now in my opinion

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

As much as I hate even thinking about it, I'm considering buying one. We've been trying to get a WOZ for about a month now, and the used ones all want too much IMO. $8k+ and you'd still have to update the light boards.
    And with the only version being available now this new YBR, those used WOZ's are going to go up even higher.

You can't be serious. There are really nice used WOZ's that come up for sale ALL the time and they have all the proper mechs included! This is really for that collector who has to have everything. Complete waste. I've owned 2 WOZs and lights were never a real issue. I wouldn't let that sway you.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

That playfield is HOT though. The whole thing glitters and has a metallic type look.

I don't recall the whole thing metallic but I do know the yellow brick road is and it looks like the same for the yellow brick road on the apron.

#82 5 years ago

11,500 JJP is going after the rich people

#83 5 years ago

You’d think after spinning discgate they wouldn’t go removing mechs when they didn’t have to...while raising prices to boot.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

I don't recall the whole thing metallic but I do know the yellow brick road is and it looks like the same for the yellow brick road on the apron.

Metallic I think is just the road.

#86 5 years ago

My money is on a PoTC run at some point with a higher price point. Saying they have the license for three more years says to me that they aren’t profitable right now and a new version with some cosmetic extras will appear at some point for a higher price. Just my two cents.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from thunderking50:

11,500 JJP is going after the rich people

They were always going after rich people.

Now, they’re going after morons.

#88 5 years ago

Two new games this year, WOZ YBR is not one of them. Not announced when they will be announced. Production starts soon on the first one though as potc line is being converted.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from Furio:

Two new games this year, WOZ YBR is not one of them. Not announced when they will be announced. Production starts soon on the first one though as potc line is being converted.

The talk about production lines made it sound like there isn't big demand for POTC?

Rob

#90 5 years ago

Just when you think JJP couldn’t possibly let down their customer base any further they pull this shit.

Maybe the billionaire investor could hire someone who could figure shit out.

#91 5 years ago

topper...

topper (resized).pngtopper (resized).png

#92 5 years ago

All of the JJP pins have top notch build quality, innovation, and software. However they have got to find a way to make them more affordable.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

The talk about production lines made it sound like there isn't big demand for POTC?
    Rob

Unfortunately, that doesn’t surprise me at all.

#94 5 years ago

This YBR edition only increases my love for my ECLE.

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Amen brother. Just picked up an ECLE, was worried YBR would somehow be better. Nope.

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Just when you think JJP couldn’t possibly let down their customer base any further they pull this shit.

Maybe the billionaire investor could hire someone who could figure shit out.

I don't think this is a big deal, all the pinball people that want a WOZ already have one, the YBR doesn't have the monkey so owners of the older ones won't feel bad and JJP can make some money from some very wealthy families who are new to pinball. Hopefully they can put that cash back into the business.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

buy the beautiful ruby red. somebody has to have a new one. dont “monkey around”

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

couldn't agree more!!!! good grief.....

#99 5 years ago

The yellow powder coat is too bright. They need or needed to make it a darker yellow like on the cabinet’s radcals yellow brick road. If the powder was a better matching shade of yellow it would be so much nicer. The topper looks pretty cheap IMO too.

#100 5 years ago

how the hell do you remove the monkey and ask 3000 more?

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019/page/2?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.