Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
    #451 5 years ago

Is anyone considering selling their WOZ HUO anytime soon to potentially make room fir another pin?

What are some of the best resources/markets out there currently that sell HUOs?

Thanks so much!

#452 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree, POTC as well as Ruby Red WOZ may simply have not enough profit to sell them on average at $9500. To sell those level of games JJP may now need to charge $11,500+. Can the company survive off of $11,500 games alone? No.
    Part of me feels like we are going to see a fundamental shift with game #5 and all new JJP pins moving forward. I wouldn't be surprised if we see new future JJP pins slightly stripped down (but with same code commitment and build quality) with multiple models (maybe $7k, $8k, $10k) to compete more head on with Stern. It just makes sense. The POTC, and WOZ's of the world are amazing but at the prices JJP is charging they are heavily limiting their customer base. I think there's a lot of pinball fans that out there that want to own a new JJP pin but just don't want to spend $10k+ on one.

I played POTCCE as well as my girlfriend and thought it was pretty sweet.

The consensus “seems” to be it’s simply the “best” pin JJP has produced.

I like the character selection...a lot! Why not have variability and dynamics (especially if you are going to own it!) It feels like a video game in this aspect.

But many would argue that it’s WOZ.

I think WOZ simply has a lot more run rate and people have experience with it.

I guess then DI is a “CLOSE” 3rd? I’m sure it’s all speculation. I’m sure we can find DI owners who will stand by it being JJP’s best pin.

This conversation/community is fun and I’m just blessed that I’m among the select few that can own multiple amazing machines.

I personally think price points or money in general really can make people more bitter than necessary.

This is PINBALL after all.

❤️ it!

#453 5 years ago

distributor: so, can i put you down for a JJPYBR?

customer: when monkeys fly.

#454 5 years ago

Is YBR finally the version of WoZ that will include a real emerald somewhere on the playfield?

#455 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Is YBR finally the version of WoZ that will include a real emerald somewhere on the playfield?

The yellow brick road has real gold flakes in it. It's the only reasonable conclusion why it costs so much more.

#456 5 years ago

we-removed-the (resized).jpgwe-removed-the (resized).jpg

#457 5 years ago

If YBR is being called a limited edition as it is being sold with no number plaque then every machine JJP releases must be a limited edition.

#458 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

If YBR is being called a limited edition as it is being sold with no number plaque then every machine JJP releases must be a limited edition.

I believe there will be a number plaque.

#459 5 years ago

money grab plain and simple. distributors have to buy it i guess so what does JJP have to lose?

#460 5 years ago

Looking at PinballStar for sale post it states “Only a limited run of 200 made in 2019“. So does this mean more in 2020?

#461 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Looking at PinballStar for sale post it states “Only a limited run of 200 made in 2019“. So does this mean more in 2020?

I take that as meaning if they sell well, they're leaving the door open to make more after this year. Based on my understanding, they will make a minimum of 200 and maximum of 500.

#462 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Why would you ever buy a Stern LE when they have a premium

Perhaps because its the BEST LE Stern have ever made? If we're talking about ST LE...he he ..

#463 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Yes Back on track, No more from Me
    Just don't like people telling Lies to derail Manufacturers Sales

You cancelled my Houdini pinball machine, you are a evil person who doesn't care. You can't look me in the eyes and talk to me. Wayne go and see a professional and have them do a 99 point safety inspection test and have what's broken fixed.

If people have something to say abou yout, have a listen and deal with the issues raised however simply sitting behind a keyboard with ya chest out doesn't make things better.

cooked71 he gets off at these comments with his eyes rolling around and grins while his breathing changes. I know his heart beat skipped a beat reading comments from me haha

Don't worry I am always smiling and he's always angry.

We all know who is a knob in this industry.

#464 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Yes, it was said by Jack during the presentation that they will run 200 for now. If they sell they do more in the future.

#465 5 years ago
    Quoted from joseph5185:

Is anyone considering selling their WOZ HUO anytime soon to potentially make room fir another pin?
    What are some of the best resources/markets out there currently that sell HUOs?
    Thanks so much!

I have a flawless late build(#836) 1 owner huo very low play standard with invisi glass, and shaker I bought nib from pinballstar. Wasnt really looking to sell but with all the shiny new things out there and only half full pockets I could be tempted. Notice....(this statement has not been evaluated by my wife who has the authority to veto any statement I may have made.)

#466 5 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Yes, it was said by Jack during the presentation that they will run 200 for now. If they sell they do more in the future.

Thanks for clarifying!

All this pissing and moaning I don't get. Certainly understand the disappointment in JJP not revealing a new game but in the past JJP announced new games way in advance only to have more pissing and moaning when certain aspects were taken out of the game. So it appears he learned not to do this....which is a good thing!

Also, I understand the complaints of the price point as it's crazy asking price for a game that really isn't limited edition at all, more will be made if the demand is there, and it offers nothing really different then the last "LE". They took out the monkey but added the wooden apron....what else is there in the YBR version that's not in RR to justify the price?

I'm all for Jack coming out with all the different versions as it keeps his employees working, remember when there were pics of JJP without any workers in it? These different versions help keep the workers working and keep money coming into the business! I could see Jack not making all the versions, go out of business and people pissing and moaning that he should've rode the cash cow to the bank!

Biggest thing I would think are the issues is .... don't keep calling the versions Limited Edition, especially when they're not, and charging more money for cosmetic changes that cost no more than the last "LE"!

I still want to get a WoZ, it's a great game. I won''t buy a YBR as, to me, it looks like someone spilled yellow mustard all over it BUT RR or EG version .... I am in!

#467 5 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

This hobby is out of control and will soon eat itself alive.

There is a WOZ market out there beyond the hobby.

LTG : )

#468 5 years ago
    Quoted from estrader:

Why does jjp take mechs out of games and charge the same amount or more?

Monkey is now on the LCD.

Boards moved to the head, LCD on a wall mount like Dialed In and Pirates. Hub board is now part of W1. And 5 volt boards, heftier power supply instead of two.

#469 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Now, regarding the flying monkey mech... I’ve never had an issue with mine in my RR. But I’m assuming there must have been some issues.

Now why the fark, in 7+ (8?) years that this mech has been not reliable, can’t JJP just fix it? It’s a magnet that slides up a rail.

I don't know for sure. My suspicion is many of the mech issues, in particular the two limit switches. When non pinball people get in there and try to adjust them, they always F' them up.

The majority of my monkey tech cals have been just that.

#470 5 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Despite all the anger here, will these still sell? Is there a customer out there?

Yes. If nothing else. My experience is the WOZ collectors will easily snarf up 200.

When WOZ was first announced, I had people traveling the country stop in to see me and see what exactly a pinball machine was. It was WOZ, they bought it. Even if they didn't know what a pinball machine was.

Quoted from bigd1979:

No need for a moving door if there's no ball to let out

Vuk kicks the ball up there, flipper bats the ball behind the open doors. I didn't get a good enough look at it, still has the single door with a motor, so a ball gets back there too.

#471 5 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

It's time for a reality check. This games is way too expensive - especially because basically the same game (inc the monkey) once sold for $6500.

I believe $6000 before there was a factory or games.

Once things were established, they realized they were losing money on WOZ at $6500.

#472 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I feel bad for everyone at JJP right now. I'm sure they all realize how wack and desperate this is,

Yellow Brick Road WOZ on the small line.

Two new games on the main line, this year.

I too feel bad. For me. That many games a year means more tech calls. Quality remains good. No matter how good, new game owners will always have questions.

#473 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

This begs the question... if non-pinball enthusiasts are the ones that will be buying them, why go to TPF. The large expense of travel and sending the game and multiple people there to unveil a game to pinball enthusiasts at a pinball enthusiast convention makes no sense, if they aren't targeting that demo. (I am not disagreeing with you, just trying to make sense of it)

JJP always does a seminar at Expo.

Just happened they had a game to show. Like the game or not.

Butch and Jack could have done a slide show talk seminar and not shown something new.

I was excited to see it. And I do believe it's a game you have to see in person for the sparkles.

#474 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

JJP always does a seminar at Expo.
    Just happened they had a game to show. Like the game or not.
    Butch and Jack could have done a slide show talk seminar and not shown something new.
    I was excited to see it. And I do believe it's a game you have to see in person for the sparkles.

Agreed. While YBR wasn’t for everyone nor were they expecting to unload thousands they Did show us what they were working on and the direction they were heading. Jack is always entertaining and it’s great that they bring the JJP team out to meet the fans. No game or price will be excepted by Any majority fact. Just glad to see they are still changing things up and building beautiful games. Love my RRWOZ so this isn’t for me but I still enjoyed the effort. Plus I learned about a New Mode in Pirates that continuously adds points when you hit the flippers! Lol. That QA was priceless lolol

#475 5 years ago

Is YBR a money grab? Yes, but still 10x better then Beatles Platinum and Diamond lol.

#476 5 years ago

Thank the pingods for LTG. I always appreciate his balanced, knowledgeable view on things. LTG - thank you for bringing some sanity to these discussions : )

#477 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is YBR a money grab? Yes, but still 10x better then Beatles Platinum and Diamond lol.

All LE and CE games are money grabs as for 10times better I don't think so

#478 5 years ago

It's overpriced regardless of who it is intended for. To say this machine is intended for the collector who doesn't care about price - is that the direction JJP is going now? Forget the regular customers who made the company what it is today and keep the lights on with continued purchases, target a small subset with a new pin? I just can't wrap my head around that.

I would wager that because POTC CE's 200 machines still haven't all sold, and those were $12.5k, I'm betting that that's why YBR wasn't $12.5k also. So, honestly, I hope they don't sell all 200, because then it just gives JJP all the more reason to continue to charge the higher prices.

#479 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's overpriced regardless of who it is intended for. To say this machine is intended for the collector who doesn't care about price - is that the direction JJP is going now?

Shockingly, it is very difficult finding and keeping collectors who don’t care about price as your customers.

#480 5 years ago

Interestingly, Automated has already reduced the price of YBR by $500.

Also, I bought JJP POTC CE. It's my first pin.Should have it this weekend! =)

#481 5 years ago
    Quoted from joseph5185:

Interestingly, Automated has already reduced the price of YBR by $500.
    Also, I bought JJP POTC CE. It's my first pin.Should have it this weekend! =)

I also see on pinballs.com they have Emerald City machines with the 2.0 light boards for $9250 (paid by wire) or Ruby Red machines for $9000 (paid by wire). Seems like a no brainer to go with one of those.

WoZ is a great game. I've owned it twice now...but in the end it's not the right game for me. All my friends LOVE it, and are mad at me for getting rid of it.

**edit...actually, not sure if they have those in stock or not...

#482 5 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

I also see on pinballs.com they have Emerald City machines with the 2.0 light boards for $9250 (paid by wire) or Ruby Red machines for $9000 (paid by wire). Seems like a no brainer to go with one of those.
    WoZ is a great game. I've owned it twice now...but in the end it's not the right game for me. All my friends LOVE it, and are mad at me for getting rid of it.
    **edit...actually, not sure if they have those in stock or not...

They have the RR in stock and the Emerald City is actually an "Emerald Green" that was made exclusively for them. I bought one of their Emerald Green machines (only like 50 made). It's like the original ECLE except not direct printed cab and no wood apron. But the color scheme is the same, and has the 2.0 light board system already installed. Also has a custom topper I guess. Mine arrives friday, I'll post pics. I think they are the only place left with NIB non-YBR WOZ - I checked around at quite a few distributors.

#483 5 years ago

Only The Beatles is more forgettable than this.

#484 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

They have the RR in stock and the Emerald City is actually an "Emerald Green" that was made exclusively for them. I bought one of their Emerald Green machines (only like 50 made). It's like the original ECLE except not direct printed cab and no wood apron. But the color scheme is the same, and has the 2.0 light board system already installed. Also has a custom topper I guess. Mine arrives friday, I'll post pics. I think they are the only place left with NIB non-YBR WOZ - I checked around at quite a few distributors.

That's pretty awesome...

Definitely looking forward to some photos!

I should have my JJP POTC CE this Sat (first pin)!! =)

#485 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yep, the Emerald City is the rarest of all WOZ versions offered in the U.S.

Congrats.

#486 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Yep, the Emerald City is the rarest of all WOZ versions offered in the U.S.
    Congrats.

Key words “of all the WOZ versions”

Funny thing... they are all the exact same game, except Yellow Bannana version. Which, I believe, technically will make the Yellow the rarest.

#487 5 years ago

Waiting for the WGAS version.. oh yeah, it's out already.

#488 5 years ago

I lied ...

This looks pretty "solid" for a complete n00b like me...

http://pinhedz.com/

I don't understand most of it, but I like the presentation.
    This was mentioned a few pages back around a year ago and virtually went ignored...

I'll actually shut up now.. =/

#489 5 years ago
    Quoted from joseph5185:

I lied ...
    This looks pretty "solid" for a complete n00b like me...
    http://pinhedz.com/
    I don't understand most of it, but I like the presentation.
    This was mentioned a few pages back around a year ago and virtually went ignored...
    I'll actually shut up now.. =/

Anytime you see a wax/polish specific to pinball all they're doing is repackaging another companies product. Not sure about Pinheadz as I never used it but for the money I would recommend 3M https://www.amazon.com/3M-Perfect-Buffing-Polishing-Compound/dp/B01N0Z70IM/ref=sr_1_3

Yeah it's more expensive but the bottles are twice the size.

#490 5 years ago

You in the red outfit. You don't belong here...
    image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

My mind it goes all over the place now. Carry on!

#491 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Anytime you see a wax/polish specific to pinball all they're doing is repackaging another companies product. Not sure about Pinheadz as I never used it but for the money I would recommend 3M amazon.com link »
    Yeah it's more expensive but the bottles are twice the size.

I drained this post because I accidentally posted it in the wrong thread. I meant to post it in vid's ever popular thread on maintenance.

But this is good. This is the first time I am seeing this 3M even mentioned much less recommended or used.

#492 5 years ago
    Quoted from joseph5185:

But this is good. This is the first time I am seeing this 3M even mentioned much less recommended or used.

I use 3m stuff. As MeSz said, a lot of the pinball stuff is generally 3m products repackaged.

rd

#493 5 years ago
    Quoted from joseph5185:

This is the first time I am seeing this 3M even mentioned much less recommended or used.

Just an FYI for those interested in the CUTTING and POLISH products, here's the 4 products I use in order of use .....
    (Product with part number for the 3M pad you "should" use with each)
    1. Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 80 Diamond Cut Compound, use 3M(TM) Perfect-it compounding pad, PN05706 05759
    2. 3M 06064 Perfect-It Machine Polish, use 3M(TM) Black Foam Pad, PN05707 05726
    3. 3M 06068 Perfect-It Ultrafine Machine Polish, use 3M(TM) Blue Pad, PN05708 05760
    4. Lastly I use a Carnauba wax

Again, this is what I use and I am no expert just sharing. I have had great results with the 50+ playfields I have done.

1 month later
    #494 4 years ago

Fellas, probably I will be executed here... but honestly I like this Yellow LE a lot! A couple of hours ago I saw a video in YouTube and didn’t have idea about this Edition at all.

I have a question please... does anybody knows if there’s a LE plaque number in the game?

Thanks in advance
    Regards

#495 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I have a question please... does anybody knows if there’s a plaque number in the game?

Not sure. Call them. Jack or Jen should know.

#496 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas, probably I will be executed here... but honestly I like this Yellow LE a lot! A couple of hours ago I saw a video in YouTube and didn’t have idea about this Edition at all.
    I have a question please... does anybody knows if there’s a LE plaque number in the game?
    Thanks in advance
    Regards

Don't apologize for what appeals to you! A lot of the criticism on this game is for the "cash grab" and the monkey being taken out.

The specs don't reflect that there is a plaque of any sort and per the pictures it just reflects Limited Edition on the apron but, per Lloyd, send an email to JJP and they will confirm! Only reason I think there may not be a plaque is due to them not knowing, at this time, the number that is being made. They state that 200 will be made in 2019 and if they sell well there will be more made next year. So if a plaque is added it may just say LIMITED EDITION #001 and so on as opposed to LIMITED EDITION #001 of 200.

#497 4 years ago

You can pretty much bet it won’t say “of X.”

Why would JJP limit themselves.

I agree! I think YBR looks sweet.

Wouldn’t mind making it my 3rd pin, but a media room/theatre comes first.

#498 4 years ago
    Quoted from joseph5185:

You can pretty much bet it won’t say “of X.”
    Why would JJP limit themselves.
    I agree! I think YBR looks sweet.
    Wouldn’t mind making it my 3rd pin, but a media room/theatre comes first.

You’d rather buy a $11.5k yellow pin, than $8k HUO red or green version with more functionality?

I thought target market of YBR was first time buyers. Silly me, I also thought the purpose of standards is they could be run anytime. Those would be $8k if ever made available again too.

#499 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Thanks in advance
    Regards

I don't believe JJP puts numbered placks on either their LE or CE game I suspect this is to keep there sales numbers from being known as most sales are LE and CE game

#500 4 years ago

It's a great looking game and yes I think the market will be first-time buyers.

You know that some will filter in to the Pinside crowd - people can't help themselves.

The sparkle on the playfield is great.

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019/page/10?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.