Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zaphX
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Just played Pirates for the first time. Was amazing. Still most likely going to stick w G&R as next pin but wanted to see others opinions. LE for both
Currently own Jurassic

#2 3 years ago

You can’t go wrong with either one. Two of the greatest games ever made.

#3 3 years ago

Save 10,000 and go GnR lol

#4 3 years ago

Pirates is good, just not for me. Personally I would lean toward GnR if I had to pick out of them.
If you only have one pin your better off buying 2 pins for the price you would spend on GnR. There is at least several better options over both these pins.
Ex: Dead Pool Pro And a LOTR all day over GnR
If you have only room for 1 or 2 then I can see spending the premium. In this case trade your King for a Twin to fit these

#5 3 years ago

VS threads need polls.

#6 3 years ago

I have both. Full disclaimer, I’m a huge GnR fan and could really care less about pirates

Pirates is better no question

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have both. Full disclaimer, I’m a huge GnR fan and could really care less about pirates

There you go.

#8 3 years ago

I prefer GNR and the current prices for Pirates are insane.

#9 3 years ago

I wish I could say "wait a few months" for the excitement around GnR to die down, but who knows what will happen with POTC by then. Prices may skyrocket again! They may go down, JJP may make more, etc.

I'm a POTC owner and still love the game, but getting frustrated it's coming up on 2 years and the game isn't even finished. Really hoping JJP avoids a WOF situation here.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm in this camp, however, I did enjoy the Pirates franchise. I'm not a super fan by any stretch, just basically watched each movie once and enjoyed most of them. I put a number of games on GnR LE really wanting to like it. It just wasn't for me. I'm not saying its a bad game, just not my personal cup of tea. Pirates was instant love for me. Its still my alltime favorite pin, even though I recently sold it (couldn't pass up 20k). I have 2-3 games hitting the gameroom this year, so something needed to go anyway.

#11 3 years ago

Get the stern pirates and DE GNR and save a few thousand at the same time

#12 3 years ago

I get asked to compare POTC to GNR fairly often. It's really difficult to compare the two because they are very different games that play differently (like all JJPs.)

There are some "signatures" you'll notice though:

- The through-the-pops EB shot
- Building a stack of simultaneous multiballs with visual indication on the LCD (4 booster multiballs in this case vs the sixes on POTC)
- A few callout easter egg references to POTC
- The character concept for adding buffs to gameplay is moved to patches, which you can ignore if you like or leverage to great advantage

The upper playfield loop feels good and is repeatable, but not in the way POTC's is. POTC keeps building speed each time and gets harder to keep looping.

GNR is best described as a two-stage game, stage one being building up your song boosters and stage two performing the song.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pirates-vs-guns-and-roses?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.