Topic Stats

• 218 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cjmjmm2006
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 60 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3A58C78B-6F48-4F30-8F2B-23EB0F1FF1FA (resized).jpeg
AA8C0269-27A7-4213-A57D-C5FC85A62CA4 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180824-215207_Facebook (resized).jpg
36B5945B-CF24-4DD2-A928-A7882B3C1A29 (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).jpeg
Free play helicon 1 (resized).jpeg
Free play helicon 2 (resized).jpeg
928A05E9-9185-422D-ACC1-4A2972EE7AC4 (resized).jpeg
1CD2A28F-B060-4FA9-A92C-5B2940759747 (resized).png
C99DAFDC-2F34-4F6C-8A30-F735782BFAF1 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 1.44.10 PM.png
20180822_190133 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180822_210426794_HDR (resized).jpg
F5694B7F-6268-4057-94A3-20304DDB1B09 (resized).jpeg
20180817_193520 (resized).jpg
Helicon steel city league (resized).jpeg

There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Secret! Visit early. I visited today and had the place to myself from open till 1, grabbed lunch and came back to a crowd for another two hours of great pinball. My wife and daughter accompanied me and we could clearly hear each machine and listen to all the call outs before the crowds gathered. I had been visiting the Starport in Morgantown but I prefer this location due to the vicinity to shopping. We drove 2 hours to try Pirates and Deadpool but the other selection of games is amazing. LE Iron Maiden, Houdini, Lexy Lightspeed, LE Star Wars, and some classics too. I’ll be back.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. What were your thoughts on JJPOTC, Deadpool, and Lexi Lightspeed?

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

Any update on when you will have the unboxing video up??

The file is so large. I gave it to a local company to chop it so I can load it on the net.

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Secret! Visit early. I visited today and had the place to myself from open till 1, grabbed lunch and came back to a crowd for another two hours of great pinball. My wife and daughter accompanied me and we could clearly hear each machine and listen to all the call outs before the crowds gathered. I had been visiting the Starport in Morgantown but I prefer this location due to the vicinity to shopping. We drove 2 hours to try Pirates and Deadpool but the other selection of games is amazing. LE Iron Maiden, Houdini, Lexy Lightspeed, LE Star Wars, and some classics too. I’ll be back.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the support. We appreciate you coming out and I wish I would have met you. Hope to see you again!

#204 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone that came out today. I got to meet another half dozen people that want to talk pinball. Not totally sure who was from pinside and who was not with the exception of one person. Haha. The amount of knowledge about pinball in one room today was insane. I actually met an operator that drove up from Deep Creek just to see if this was a photoshopped. He told me how dumb I was. Then before he left he told me he really enjoyed the beverages and the games. Interesting fellow and I think he wants to do something like this in his area. I hope he does!

Either way what a great time and thanks for all the praise on the location. Chris B and myself are like minded individuals so this place will only grow because of the great community around it!

Cheers!

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice. What were your thoughts on JJPOTC, Deadpool, and Lexi Lightspeed?

I have a Pirates on Preorder and I feel confident that it’s going to be great in the home environment. Too much to intake in a few hours but the only thing that gave me a bit of concern was that repeatedly the ball got lost when it was going around the chest on the left to feed the ship. It often reloaded a ball from the shooter lane. Made me think maybe I should let some of the bugs get worked out.

Deadpool was pretty spectacular, especially when you consider it’s a Pro and $4,000 less. Putting it next to a Star Wars LE and I can only assume the SW license cost $$$$$&

I didn’t play Lexy Lightspeed , I’ve seen it before and haven’t been impressed.

Maiden LE was very fun!! I may be able to be swayed, fun is more important than toys and gimmicks and build quality, etc

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I have a Pirates on Preorder and I feel confident that it’s going to be great in the home environment. Too much to intake in a few hours but the only thing that gave me a bit of concern was that repeatedly the ball got lost when it was going around the chest on the left to feed the ship. It often reloaded a ball from the shooter lane. Made me think maybe I should let some of the bugs get worked out.
Deadpool was pretty spectacular, especially when you consider it’s a Pro and $4,000 less. Putting it next to a Star Wars LE and I can only assume the SW license cost $$$$$&
I didn’t play Lexy Lightspeed , I’ve seen it before and haven’t been impressed.
Maiden LE was very fun!! I may be able to be swayed, fun is more important than toys and gimmicks and build quality, etc

Thanks for your assessment. There is such a variety in pinball lately that it is amazing to see the difference in the visions of each individual designer, coder and artist. That's what makes this an awesome time for collecting, buy/selling, putting games on location etc.

Thanks for visiting the brewery. It's great to have all of you guys in, it helps us make a better environment for players. Hope to get an opportunity to meet up with you sometime for a beer and a conversation.

Hope you made it back well. 22 through Murraysville can get back up to Altoona.

#207 1 year ago

Upkicker to the coil is fixed. Took some tweaking but it's in there perfect now! Thanks for the heads up everyone.

#208 1 year ago

No updates on this thread either?

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Trying to stay on top of things but not enough hours in the day. If you have any specific questions I'm happy to do my best to answer them. In general, the game is looking and playing fantastic. Folks love playing it and I believe it is doing quite well for the operator.

Cheers,
Chris

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Trying to stay on top of things but not enough hours in the day. If you have any specific questions I'm happy to do my best to answer them. In general, the game is looking and playing fantastic. Folks love playing it and I believe it is doing quite well for the operator.
Cheers,
Chris

With both games costing nearly the same , as an operator and then as a player, Which game do you prefer between Iron Maiden LE and Pirates?

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

With both games costing nearly the same , as an operator and then as a player, Which game do you prefer between Iron Maiden LE and Pirates?

I am the Helicon Brewing business owner and not an operator. The operator at Helicon is cjmjmm2006 and he might be able to add some input from that side of things. I can say that as a business owner, I love having a wide variety of games here. Lots of folks stick around and responsibly enjoy some frosty beverages while playing.

As a player, I truly have no preference between the games. I rotate around and play all of the pinball games here at the brewery. I rarely play the same game twice in a row much like I never drink the same brew twice in a row. As an extreme novice player, I don't often get too deep into games and don't know much about all the rules for all the games. I think these games are pretty difficult to compare. Pirates is a wide body, more intricate game with some pretty fancy and unique features. I feel immersed in a story each time I play. I personally feel that Maiden is a sleek, raw pinball type game with some gloriously challenging shots (read: left ramp) and a kickass soundtrack. I enjoy both to a high degree at different times. I'm not trying to be dodgy or politically correct; I really do feel that it is difficult to compare these games.

Cheers,
Chris

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Game is playing great. One adjustment issue with the ship upkicker and a minuscule adjustment on the launch coil and this thing is playing incredibly. I ordered 4 total but I threw a 5th one on to make my girls happy at home. They are 3 and 5 so they don't understand the brews are incredible.

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I think Maiden is a shot making dream. A lot of creativity went into the layout and ultimately it's the first game I've ever played that is single level but feels like 2 different games.

Pirates is immersive. I cant even understand the depth yet so that part I have to get back to you. Boy does this game look incredible and it seems everything has a little gingerbread on it.

Too early to tell what is loved more but I can say I currently give a slight edge to Pirates based on overall play. Maiden is more flow, pirates is more unique. Both games really show where this is going. Keith and Eric are really making it easy to buy so many new units. Thanks Fellas!!

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from chrisb:

I am the Helicon Brewing business owner and not an operator. The operator at Helicon is cjmjmm2006 and he might be able to add some input from that side of things. I can say that as a business owner, I love having a wide variety of games here. Lots of folks stick around and responsibly enjoy some frosty beverages while playing.
As a player, I truly have no preference between the games. I rotate around and play all of the pinball games here at the brewery. I rarely play the same game twice in a row much like I never drink the same brew twice in a row. As an extreme novice player, I don't often get too deep into games and don't know much about all the rules for all the games. I think these games are pretty difficult to compare. Pirates is a wide body, more intricate game with some pretty fancy and unique features. I feel immersed in a story each time I play. I personally feel that Maiden is a sleek, raw pinball type game with some gloriously challenging shots (read: left ramp) and a kickass soundtrack. I enjoy both to a high degree at different times. I'm not trying to be dodgy or politically correct; I really do feel that it is difficult to compare these games.
Cheers,
Chris

Dont let him fool you. This guy is the best tech in oakdale!

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I think Maiden is a shot making dream. A lot of creativity went into the layout and ultimately it's the first game I've ever played that is single level but feels like 2 different games.
Pirates is immersive. I cant even understand the depth yet so that part I have to get back to you. Boy does this game look incredible and it seems everything has a little gingerbread on it.
Too early to tell what is loved more but I can say I currently give a slight edge to Pirates based on overall play. Maiden is more flow, pirates is more unique. Both games really show where this is going. Keith and Eric are really making it easy to buy so many new units. Thanks Fellas!!

You must be Swiss as that is the best neutral answer anyone could give on a rating of two different manufacture's machines!!!!

Seriously, it's great to see a location like this have so many new pins! You use to have to wait for a show to try the latest releases or go to several locations to play one at a time. The fact you constantly bring in the new games is nice!

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

You must be Swiss as that is the best neutral answer anyone could give on a rating of two different manufacture's machines!!!!

Seriously, it's great to see a location like this have so many new pins! You use to have to wait for a show to try the latest releases or go to several locations to play one at a time. The fact you constantly bring in the new games is nice!

Haha. Thanks Mesz. I do understand a lot of effort had been spent on making these games so I try to be respectful of that. =)

I appreciate the kind words concerning the collection of games at Helicon. We wanted to make the place the best it could be, so far many have told us they really like it so I feel we are on track. We are certainly going to continue to bring in great machines so we hope to see you often!

Cheers.

CJM

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Haha. Thanks Mesz. I do understand a lot of effort had been spent on making these games so I try to be respectful of that. =)
I appreciate the kind words concerning the collection of games at Helicon. We wanted to make the place the best it could be, so far many have told us they really like it so I feel we are on track. We are certainly going to continue to bring in great machines so we hope to see you often!
Cheers.
CJM

I completely agree. What a wonderful gift we were given to have this place nearby. Their ability to stock the latest and greatest is unbelievable and even though I can't visit nearly as much as I would like due to other commitments I wouldn't be opposed to contributing periodically just so the new games keep on coming. Great place

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I completely agree. What a wonderful gift we were given to have this place nearby. Their ability to stock the latest and greatest is unbelievable and even though I can't visit nearly as much as I would like due to other commitments I wouldn't be opposed to contributing periodically just so the new games keep on coming. Great place

Thanks Delt! We appreciate that!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Escondido, CA
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside