1CD2A28F-B060-4FA9-A92C-5B2940759747 (resized).png
C99DAFDC-2F34-4F6C-8A30-F735782BFAF1 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 1.44.10 PM.png
20180822_190133 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180822_210426794_HDR (resized).jpg
F5694B7F-6268-4057-94A3-20304DDB1B09 (resized).jpeg
20180817_193520 (resized).jpg
Helicon steel city league (resized).jpeg
There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Yeah I love JJP, but for $9500 the topper is not very good
I am also going to re powdercoat the whole game as well. The powdercoat used on this seems worse then Dialed In
Hobbit and WOZ powder was amazing..:
Powder is so cheap, this really is a shame they skimped on this for us LE buyers.

Agreed with the powder on the LE. I was so disappointed I double checked to see if it was an LE we've I played it. Couldn't believe it. I have a Hobbit now and had a RR. Both were stunning

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

My reason would be b/c it's a constant distraction and I can see how others could potentially get quizy from it as it's constantly moving back and forth.

Maybe take some Dramamine before each game.

#153 5 years ago

I think the topper is the biggest incentive to get the collector version. Llyod has made me aware of it and it looks really cool. I will say it's another breakable for the street operator so I don't think I'll operate a collector model. I like the field better art wise but again the barnacles seem like that could be broken off so I'm not sure I'd want them. Headed to helicon. See you guys later.

#154 5 years ago

After all the work they did and all the changes they made, I'm a bit surprised they went ahead with that topper. It's really, really low effort and got horrible feedback when it was originally revealed.

I understand they're never going to do anything remotely as elaborate, beautiful or impressive as the CE one, both due to cost and it undermining the CE ... but they could have done something better than an ugly clone of the logo on the backglass.

Still, I'm sure that Dan at Tilt Toppers is rubbing his hands. He makes fine products. I have several.

#155 5 years ago

What an incredible turnout tonight for Free Play! Wow couldn't get on a machine. Haha but was able to eventually make some new pals and get a few flips in. Thank you to everyone that attended. If you missed out we will do it again some time.

Free play helicon 1 (resized).jpegFree play helicon 1 (resized).jpegFree play helicon 2 (resized).jpegFree play helicon 2 (resized).jpeg
#156 5 years ago

Yeah I love JJP, but for $9500 the topper is not very good
I am also going to re powdercoat the whole game as well. The powdercoat used on this seems worse then Dialed In
Hobbit and WOZ powder was amazing..:
Powder is so cheap, this really is a shame they skimped on this for us LE buyers.

Do the side rails come off easily? (Screwed or taped/glued?)

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I think JJP tapes them, buy i am not sure.

LTG or Hogbog can you advise?

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

What an incredible turnout tonight for Free Play! Wow couldn't get on a machine. Haha but was able to eventually make some new pals and get a few flips in. Thank you to everyone that attended. If you missed out we will do it again some time. [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I was unable to make it but will probably head out Saturday

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice! I was unable to make it but will probably head out Saturday

No worries Delt. We should be there Saturday too.

#160 5 years ago

Last pic of everything winding down.

It's cool to talk pinball with you guys. I have a vast history around coin op and some of the knowledge some of you have gained is amazing. Sometimes I think these pinheads know my job better than myself. Haha.

On to the next event at Helicon! Hope to see everyone Saturday for our monthly strike tournament.

Thanks again!

3 (resized).jpeg3 (resized).jpeg
#161 5 years ago

I think JJP tapes them, buy i am not sure.
ltg or hogbog can you advise?

When you put "@" then a user name does that alert them in some way? Sorry I tried to do it but I dont think it worked for me.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Last pic of everything winding down.
It's cool to talk pinball with you guys. I have a vast history around coin op and some of the knowledge some of you have gained is amazing. Sometimes I think these pinheads know my job better than myself. Haha.
On to the next event at Helicon! Hope to see everyone Saturday for our monthly strike tournament.
Thanks again!
[quoted image]

What time is that and is it still open to non tournament players or are the games locked for that?

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

When you put "@" then a user name does that alert them in some way? Sorry I tried to do it but I dont think it worked for me.

I think so... lol
But You have to click the posts mentioning me link

36B5945B-CF24-4DD2-A928-A7882B3C1A29 (resized).jpeg36B5945B-CF24-4DD2-A928-A7882B3C1A29 (resized).jpeg
#164 5 years ago

Looks like a heckuva great place for pinball!

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I removed the side rails on my DI standard edition when I replaced them with powder coated ones. Each rail had three pieces of double-sided tape about four inches long. One piece at each end of the rail and one in the middle. Not hard to remove once I figured out where the tape was.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What time is that and is it still open to non tournament players or are the games locked for that?

It's open and games for the tournament are selected by random draw. I'm sure you can get some games in though.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It's open and games for the tournament are selected by random draw. I'm sure you can get some games in though.

What time is the event tomorrow?

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

What time is the event tomorrow?

2pm

Screenshot_20180824-215207_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180824-215207_Facebook (resized).jpg
#169 5 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful game, but good lord that is a horrible topper...they need to take some topper design lessons from CGC....that being said its on par with the WOZ RR topper...nothing special...

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

they need to take some topper design lessons from CGC.

No they don't.

LTG : )

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No they don't.

Well....for $12K+ u should get a decent topper as shown in the video (although doesn't come close to the AFRMLE topper...IMHO)...the topper they provide on the LE...well its pretty pathetic

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

..the topper they provide on the LE...well its pretty pathetic

CGC doesn't provide a topper for their middle model of AFMR. JJP does.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

CGC doesn't provide a topper for their middle model of AFMR. JJP does.

very true...but its still pathetic and I don't think theres an argument on the quality of topper of AFMRLE versus the JJP CE version....especially at the price point...

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

.especially at the price point...

But price point includes the game. Pirates has way more going on than AFM, besides toppers on top model.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But price point includes the game. Pirates has way more going on than AFM, besides toppers on top model.

Totally understand...I've owned all the JJP games (LE's) so I'm fully aware of their game quality.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Jesus, that topper really sets a new low! It looks like I’m seeing double with the same thing an inch below it.

Really odd choice. It's not a topper, it's a "lower."

#177 5 years ago

You know what would have been cool...just a laser etched version of the ship in a bottle for the LE.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

You know what would have been cool...just a laser etched version of the ship in a bottle for the LE.

You have limited Edition and Standard editions coming. So I'm sure the after market people are already working on toppers.

Cool may well happen.

#179 5 years ago

Finally made it out for a few hours this evening. Went with my wife and 6 year old and we all had a great time. Played for a few hours, got some food from the food truck, and had a good time. The place was packed and plenty of people playing pinball but you could always find an open game. 3 Deadpools is kind of nuts lol. Pirates was a lot of fun as well. We will definitely be back.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You have limited Edition and Standard editions coming. So I'm sure the after market people are already working on toppers.
Cool may well happen.

so do u agree the topper on the LE isn't "cool"

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

so do u agree the topper on the LE isn't "cool"

No I never said that.

I don't think anyone will remove the CE topper for something different. People may want a topper for the standard or a topper for the LE if someone makes one that they like better than what comes with the game.

I haven't really given the LE topper much thought. I more concerned with getting a game here so I can start learning it before tech calls come in.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No I never said that.
I don't think anyone will remove the CE topper for something different. People may want a topper for the standard or a topper for the LE if someone makes one that they like better than what comes with the game.
I haven't really given the LE topper much thought. I more concerned with getting a game here so I can start learning it before tech calls come in.

surprised they haven't gotten you one....with all the great support you provide...hope u get one soon

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

"No so easy, is it Matey?"

Someone had to.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It didn't have to be an ugly clone of the backglass logo. It could have been like the WOZ ECLE or RR ones with original art. Difficult to grasp why it wasn't.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It didn't have to be an ugly clone of the backglass logo. It could have been like the WOZ ECLE or RR ones with original art. Difficult to grasp why it wasn't.

Yeah I agree...it’s better than no topper however given the amount of imagination and creativity that went into this machine, they could have done just a little better.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I agree...it’s better than no topper however given the amount of imagination and creativity that went into this machine, they could have done just a little better.

IMO I would say it's better with no topper than that..... It's that bad. Looks cheap, redundant and out of place

#187 5 years ago

...just sitting here waiting for my LE. Dreaming of one day playing this beast.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

IMO I would say it's better with no topper than that..... It's that bad. Looks cheap, redundant and out of place

Your being kind

#189 5 years ago

WTF can we get past the shitty topper already,just don't put the fucker on!

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Finally made it out for a few hours this evening. Went with my wife and 6 year old and we all had a great time. Played for a few hours, got some food from the food truck, and had a good time. The place was packed and plenty of people playing pinball but you could always find an open game. 3 Deadpools is kind of nuts lol. Pirates was a lot of fun as well. We will definitely be back.

Thanks for the support! My 5 year old loves to go out and play. It's a nice environment for people of all ages.

#191 5 years ago

I don't want to get into topper gate, this is a $9500 unit. Woz was $6500 when we bought it, that's about 1/3 more so maybe the topper could be more than just a screen piece of acrylic. That being said, I'd pay $9500 with no topper because I love the game that much. It is set to earn money but I've gone to play it a bunch because I really enjoy what is inside the box. That's what matters most to me. I just loved the game itself.

#192 5 years ago

Is it really that bad?

#193 5 years ago

Any update on when you will have the unboxing video up??

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I don't want to get into topper gate, this is a $9500 unit. Woz was $6500 when we bought it, that's about 1/3 more so maybe the topper could be more than just a screen piece of acrylic. That being said, I'd pay $9500 with no topper because I love the game that much. It is set to earn money but I've gone to play it a bunch because I really enjoy what is inside the box. That's what matters most to me. I just loved the game itself.

are you the only guy who's got one so far?

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

are you the only guy who's got one so far?

No.

#196 5 years ago

As LTG has said, a number have gone out but it seems like no one else from Pinside has one yet.

If this were me and my product, I would have strategically shipped them out to those who would promote the heck of it all on their own. With social media in 2018, that comes as near zero cost to a company.

Of course this will just happen over time, as others start to receive their pin, but it can certainly be relatively easy to direct this, just by being aware of who has the audience's attention.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

You get yours yet?

#198 5 years ago

Secret! Visit early. I visited today and had the place to myself from open till 1, grabbed lunch and came back to a crowd for another two hours of great pinball. My wife and daughter accompanied me and we could clearly hear each machine and listen to all the call outs before the crowds gathered. I had been visiting the Starport in Morgantown but I prefer this location due to the vicinity to shopping. We drove 2 hours to try Pirates and Deadpool but the other selection of games is amazing. LE Iron Maiden, Houdini, Lexy Lightspeed, LE Star Wars, and some classics too. I’ll be back.

3A58C78B-6F48-4F30-8F2B-23EB0F1FF1FA (resized).jpeg3A58C78B-6F48-4F30-8F2B-23EB0F1FF1FA (resized).jpegAA8C0269-27A7-4213-A57D-C5FC85A62CA4 (resized).jpegAA8C0269-27A7-4213-A57D-C5FC85A62CA4 (resized).jpeg
#199 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

You get yours yet?

Not yet.

#200 5 years ago

Helicon Brewing L@@Ks amazing! Might have to plan a trip out that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pirates-of-the-caribbean-shipping-to-helicon-brewing/page/4?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.