1CD2A28F-B060-4FA9-A92C-5B2940759747 (resized).png
C99DAFDC-2F34-4F6C-8A30-F735782BFAF1 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 1.44.10 PM.png
20180822_190133 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180822_210426794_HDR (resized).jpg
F5694B7F-6268-4057-94A3-20304DDB1B09 (resized).jpeg
20180817_193520 (resized).jpg
Helicon steel city league (resized).jpeg
There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Huh? Sounds like you have the job I always Dreamed of!! lol

Haha. I do love my job but it's not all just pinball fun. Now that would be a job!

#102 5 years ago

Topper on yet?

#103 5 years ago

Thanks for posting the upclose playfield pictures of the production JJP Pirates. Eagerly awaiting mine!

#104 5 years ago

On another thread we were discussing wether or not the ship
stops moving when no ball is up on ship playfield.Can you enlighten us on this issue?

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

On another thread we were discussing wether or not the ship
stops moving when no ball is up on ship playfield.Can you enlighten us on this issue?

Ship moves constantly regardless if ball is up. I would like to see if you can change that in settings.

#106 5 years ago

Thanks I hope that changes I never understood why it was always in play

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ship moves constantly regardless if ball is up. I would like to see if you can change that in settings.

I believe that Eric has said that the ship will constantly move. I seem to recall reading that he didn't see why it shouldn't... but don't quote me.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I believe that Eric has said that the ship will constantly move. I seem to recall reading that he didn't see why it shouldn't... but don't quote me.

That's right, it's a ship...on the sea.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

My reason would be b/c it's a constant distraction and I can see how others could potentially get quizy from it as it's constantly moving back and forth.

#110 5 years ago

What did I miss regarding all the new questions about how the ship will move? Did something change since the weekly JJP videos that showed how this functions with countless hours to view it in operation? Seemed like this was fairly well understood and illustrated down to the last broadcast with the JJP design and code master team. Or is this just a new release gripe?

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

My reason would be b/c it's a constant distraction and I can see how others could potentially getting quizy from it as it's constantly moving back and forth.

FWIW, I get motion sickness very easily. I have to take Dramamine to survive plane rides, I get car sick on a bus, no amusement rides for me, etc. I've played the prototype game probably close to 75 times or more and I never felt nauseous. My wife is the same way and she was fine also. It has a random movement and not a sway movement, so you should be just fine. Try before you buy.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Touché

#113 5 years ago

Helicon is the happiest place on earth .

F5694B7F-6268-4057-94A3-20304DDB1B09 (resized).jpegF5694B7F-6268-4057-94A3-20304DDB1B09 (resized).jpeg
#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Helicon is the happiest place on earth . [quoted image]

For a guy with a STERN logo based avatar pic you sure do look happy with that JJP pin

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Helicon is the happiest place on earth . [quoted image]

Still no topper I see.

How did you like the game?

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I had the best time ever at Helicon tonight! My friend even got me enjoying the alcohol. Thanks for making such an amazing place to make friends and play pinball.
[quoted image]

With all due respect, pretty ballsy to have a drink on the glass of a spanking new $9500USD pin.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

With all due respect, pretty ballsy to have a drink on the glass of a spanking new $9500USD pin.

That is a plastic cup with quarters.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can see how others could potentially get quizy from it as it's constantly moving back and forth.

Quoted from romulusx:

I hope that changes I never understood why it was always in play.

Quoted from dnaman:

I believe that Eric has said that the ship will constantly move.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

That is a plastic cup with quarters.

If that's true then my apologies. I have pingulps on all of my pins, some have 2

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Quarters in a plastic cup provided by the establishment but thanks for the concern.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

For a guy with a STERN logo based avatar pic you sure do look happy with that JJP pin

I am a Star Wars fan not a fan of the pin. I had super high hopes for that pin.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Were do you guys see a drink on the glass? Anyways the game plays great in all honesty tho I liked TNA the best.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am a Star Wars fan not a fan of the pin. I had super high hopes for that pin.

Me too! I've held out and just waiting on this baby now.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Were do you guys see a drink on the glass? Anyways the game plays great in all honesty tho I liked TNA the best.

It was my mistake.

If you look at the pics, the one with Eric in it (blue shirt), you will see a plastic cup on the glass with what appeared to me as liquid. It is in fact quarters.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

If you look at the pics, the one with Eric in it (blue shirt), you will see a plastic cup on the glass with what appeared to me as liquid. It is in fact quarters.

The game is in commercial use. Not in this picture. But in commercial use, things will get spilled on it.

If not, you don't have any customers.

LTG : )

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It was my mistake.

I had a couple drinks tonight always have desataded driver by the way. But I would never fuck with invisa glass . Any ways I have 200 pounds on that other Eric guy but thanks for the compliment .

Pirates played super fast and was a whole lotta fun. It might be a little multiball heavy and loadng that cannon on the upper playfeild was super hard. I did manage to sink the other ship tho. Just once in the 10 hours I was their. I know I am a nut when it comes to pinball. I did not mind that the chest lock did not close. But wondering what that multi spinning disk could of been just left me with a what if feeling. But the shots are super smooth and the game flows great. Their just seems that the magic spark is missing some were. But do not get me wrong I am buying the game and the games magic spark most likely is in how deep and varied the code is but you will have to put the time in to find that magic. Which I am willing to do.

But I am going to have to get a TNA as soon as possible because that magic spark is their as soon as you plunge your first ball.

In closing helicon has the best pinball line up you will ever come across always getting better week by week and the beer tastes like nectar from the gods. If you have any free time and are any were near this kick ass establishment do not hesitate to check it out. Stay for 10 hours like I did you will not regret it.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Quarters in a plastic cup provided by the establishment but thanks for the concern.

Mic drop

#128 5 years ago

Ship definitely rocking both ways on today's JJP stream.

#129 5 years ago

Finally got to play a game of Pirates at Helicon I put two million up. Game is jam packed with toys and features and the one spinning disc in the game was just as good as the three separate discs.

IMG_20180822_210426794_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180822_210426794_HDR (resized).jpg
#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Finally got to play a game of Pirates at Helicon I put two million up. Game is jam packed with toys and features and the one spinning disc in the game was just as good as the three separate discs.
[quoted image]

Nice score! Did you get to BOOM!?

20180822_190133 (resized).jpg20180822_190133 (resized).jpg
#131 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Nice score! Did you get to BOOM!?
[quoted image]

Yes I got to play some Deadpool made it too sauron a couple of times wasn't that hard but I could not figure out how to start quests.

#132 5 years ago

They have the POTC topper on yet?

I don’t think there is an actual picture anywhere of this on a machine.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

We have the topper, I'll be there tonight to install during free play. I'll get some pics. Also have to figure how to upload this giant video. It gets to 77% then stalls everytime.

#134 5 years ago

Tonight all games are on Free Play 7-9pm @ Helicon Brewing. Half Off Happy Hour is 5-7pm. I have met a lot of you at the brewery and I am happy to buy your first drink tonight. I will likely be wearing a Starport Polo so do not hesitate to introduce yourself, I love talking pinball, beer, cars and anything related to coin op. =) hope to see you there!

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Tonight all games are on Free Play 7-9pm @ Helicon Brewing. Half Off Happy Hour is 5-7pm. I have met a lot of you at the brewery and I am happy to buy your first drink tonight. I will likely be wearing a Starport Polo so do not hesitate to introduce yourself, I love talking pinball, beer, cars and anything related to coin op. =) hope to see you there!

That's great. If I didn't have kids I would be there from 5 to close ; ) I'll try to stop by tonight.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They showed the topper and every upgrade on the JJP stream yesterday.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This is true,topper is ok

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I joined the stream about 3-5 minutes in.

Twitch wasn’t cooperating with my iPad.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's great. If I didn't have kids I would be there from 5 to close ; ) I'll try to stop by tonight.

Kids welcome. My 5 and 3 year olds will be flipping!

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I joined the stream about 3-5 minutes in.

The stream is archived and got uploaded to YouTube 3 hours a go.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

The stream is archived and got uploaded to YouTube 3 hours a go.

Thank you!

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Topper.

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 1.44.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-23 at 1.44.10 PM.png

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Topper.
[quoted image]

There she be!!

I have been talking like a pirate to my kids all day. My daughter just said "the foul pet of Davy Jones!" To me. Between this and her Theatre of Magic quotes, shes gonna be special. Lol

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

There she be!!
I have been talking like a pirate to my kids all day. My daughter just said "the foul pet of Davy Jones!" To me. Between this and her Theatre of Magic quotes, shes gonna be special. Lol

1CD2A28F-B060-4FA9-A92C-5B2940759747 (resized).png1CD2A28F-B060-4FA9-A92C-5B2940759747 (resized).pngC99DAFDC-2F34-4F6C-8A30-F735782BFAF1 (resized).jpegC99DAFDC-2F34-4F6C-8A30-F735782BFAF1 (resized).jpeg
#145 5 years ago

Im going to replace this with the one from tilt

928A05E9-9185-422D-ACC1-4A2972EE7AC4 (resized).jpeg928A05E9-9185-422D-ACC1-4A2972EE7AC4 (resized).jpeg
#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Im going to replace this with the one from tilt
[quoted image]

I have this on my Stern POTC I'm selling and it is a very nice topper.

#147 5 years ago

Jjp makes amazing games. Toppers not so much. Yikes.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Jjp makes amazing games. Toppers not so much. Yikes.

Yeah I love JJP, but for $9500 the topper is not very good

I am also going to re powdercoat the whole game as well. The powdercoat used on this seems worse then Dialed In
Hobbit and WOZ powder was amazing..:

Powder is so cheap, this really is a shame they skimped on this for us LE buyers.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have this on my Stern POTC I'm selling and it is a very nice topper.

http://www.tilttopper.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean.html
Price is nice too and it looks amazing

#150 5 years ago

Jesus, that topper really sets a new low! It looks like I’m seeing double with the same thing an inch below it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 38.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pirates-of-the-caribbean-shipping-to-helicon-brewing/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.