(Topic ID: 43375)

Jersey Jack Pinball WOZ - SEE the Box !!!!

By PinballSTAR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 307 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download.jpg
orly.jpg
175368_FR.jpg
jack.jpg
IMG_2100.jpg
Pinball_News_JJP_Factory_2012-10_48.jpg
brad-pitt.jpg
3648043451_3de64014fd_z.jpg
howardhughes_sprucegoose_350wd.jpg
box.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchroma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You know how some kids at Christmas time end up playing with the box more than the toy inside? Just say'n... that is a nice box!

Enough already. That joke is long past its prime and looks redundant at this point. We get it.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do not know about you, but I have been getting excited about a box for most of my life. Interest really increased rapidly around 7th grade if I remember correctly.

LOL Hilton, only us dirty minded folks are going to get this one.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

When something is hyped so much for so long it can never NEVER live up to said hype. WOZ PINBALL= EPISODE 1.
I cant wait till the linux kernel becomes corrupt and tons of people start going wtf. I run ubuntu on my main rig and it happens about once a year. There is still the lengthily thread on 3dm as well.

No Linux kernel ever becomes corrupt. It's read only. It's only when people fuck with it, try to recompile or add modules that taint it. I can guarantee it won't "corrupt". And if there is a boot problem ill know in 2 seconds if someone messed with the OS as every single file is check summed.

There is also a complete reinstallation mechanism which takes but a few mins and installs OS and code. This would be used only in very rare cases.

P.S. if your Ubuntu box is screwing up yearly turn off auto updates. They suck and the dependency mapping in apt is horrendous. A machine will NOT corrupt if nothing is modified. It's not win blows.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

good to know.
What gpu is being used?

No GPU is required. Everything is pre-rendered. Fonts and certain graphics are overlays on top of renderings requiring no JIT generation.

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

So no real time rendering then. What MB and Proc are being used? ssd? flash?

SSD is the HD. Mobo had onboard graphics and HD sound.

I won't say what proc or the specifics on the mobo. You guys will have to wait for the game . But trust me its overkill. Which is the way I like it.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Hoping its something with a decent bios or is it going to be locked down

Bios is standard/UEFI . It will be PW locked.

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

INTEL BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LLANO FTW

The a8 has counting errors (much like most amd's). In dealing with RT kernels, there isn't a single amd proc that fits the bill. Granted the integrate GPU is a nice touch its best served for desktops at best. Could you imagine being in the middle of your best game ever and suddenly a kernel panic? You would flip your shit, and so would i. There is a reason there is an amd specific kernel fork.

AMD - JUST SAY NO!

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

why did you smart guys have to come ruin the threads with some actual concrete discussion and facts

Sorry Hilton. I'll take my geek hat off.

I do suspect my inbox to blow up as people get their games who have hardware/Linux questions so I might as well make a FAQ to post on the site.

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Seriously... Why not just wait and keep the promise of a completed game? We've waited THIS long... ... ... That implies that they are VERY far away. If not, they'd just delay it a few weeks just to call it complete. No?

No. Incorrect. Updates will be frequent as every PROPERLY developed piece of software. Anyone familiar with agile development practices know iterative rapid changes. Not 3,6,9 months (or in same cases years) between updates.

The update mechanism takes seconds and is automatic (or manual if you so choose).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#149 11 years ago

What good reasons are those? And what was funny about the inaccurate statement?

13 years? That's like saying I haven't used windows since WinME with good reasons.

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

...Although, granted WinME was a total pile of crap (the only Microsoft operating I've installed and then uninstalled within 24 hours).

Right now ms peaked with windows 7. Xp was very good. Windows 7 sp1 is great. Vista was a clusterfuck and windows 8 is the reach around to vista, its that bad.

HP sent me 50 brand new windows 8 laptops for me to demo Across the enterprise, deployed them Monday after putting a standard build on them, by Tuesday night my inbox was filled with four letter expletives I can't repeat in good company. By Thursday they were in a truck back.

#159 11 years ago

FreeBSD author jordon Hubbard is the director of unix engineering at apple . That's why osx is so Rock solid because the Darwin kernel from FreeBSD underpins osx.

I run windows 7 on a 27" iMac and its stable as hell. I may be a Linux engineer by trade but I'm not an OS bigot. Windows has its place especially in the enterprise desktop world but only properly engineered. Deploy it haphazardly and you are in for a whirlwind of shit.

#165 11 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

You're being nice about windows 8. It's a disaster in usability. It's a crappy tablet OS that they expect you to run on non-touchscreen pcs. What a mess. It's the Vacation America of oses.

Horrendous doesnt even describe it. At least vista had a known usability about it despite the f^(ked up driver stack (which was its downfall).

Post edited by absocountry2 : Fbomb edit

#201 11 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

How does that happen (not a devote user)? I was under the impression Ubuntu was very stable. I have it running on a laptop that was too slow to run a newer version of Windows, but flies with Ununtu.
I thinking if a programmer is testing on the actual machine, it is probably getting close to release. I could be wrong, as I do not know the details of the process.
Can't wait to play the completed game. Don't care for WoZ theme, but the technology used in this is (hopefully) going to change pinball forever! I'll be bummed out if WoZ goes the way of P2K.

It won't happen. Akuma was mistaken.

#203 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hey...shouldn't you be programming?

You're right.. back to work

#263 11 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

It's funny to watch the WOZ owners already turn into apologists for JJP shipping a pin with unfinished code. Somehow this is "different" than when Stern does it, because WOZ is "better" and gives you "more value".
Classic.

It's funny to watch new people sign up for accounts with zero credibility spewing negative commentary.

#265 11 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

He has no collection listed because he just made up that ID 30 minutes ago simply for the sake of throwing out a baseless (and childish) insult that he was too much of a wuss to post under his regular name.
Classic.

Robin should include the IP address of every post made. Ill write a script to correlate uniqueness. Watch how many folks are behind these new accounts.

#281 11 years ago

That's quickly? They had a year to write the changelog

V1.8 - March 14, 2013
=======================

- notes to follow in a few days, we wanted to get this update out as soon as possible.

V1.5 - March 20, 2012
=======================

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 91.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchroma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-ships-a-woz-see-the-box?tu=pinchroma and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.