(Topic ID: 43375)

Jersey Jack Pinball WOZ - SEE the Box !!!!

By PinballSTAR

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 307 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download.jpg
orly.jpg
175368_FR.jpg
jack.jpg
IMG_2100.jpg
Pinball_News_JJP_Factory_2012-10_48.jpg
brad-pitt.jpg
3648043451_3de64014fd_z.jpg
howardhughes_sprucegoose_350wd.jpg
box.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Well, how do you define "complete"? Honest question ... just curious what you consider "complete" enough for you? What additional bare minimum do you need? The "T-O-T-O" rollovers should be working, fine. The crystal ball should be integrated into the game, fine. And the melting of the witch should be integrated and working, fine. All inserts working appropriately, okay, etc. etc. Does it need to have 3 modes minimum? 5 modes? 10? How many different multiballs makes it "complete" for you? Keith (and gang) can come up with new rules and ways to take advantage of game elements in a different way for years to come I'm guessing. They can always add additional video clips and music later too. So what will satisfy you as being "complete enough" to begin shipping? Again, honest question.

"Complete", as it was continually advertised throughout the marketing of WOZ was, I believe, in the same sense as Williams games shipped with "complete" code. Updated roms, for the most part, didn't add significant features but were typically provided to address bugs or correct major score imbalances. "Complete" was shipping a game with code that didn't need several updates in the manner that Stern has come to be known (and criticized by some) for.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

That is what I meant to say. Jack is the only manufacturer that requires a deposit. I can understand how Title #1 may have necessitated that step, but if he wants to appeal legit going forward it would be good to get away from that practice.

He doesn't require a deposit, he just gave incentives to those who were willing to pre-order. Anyone can buy one after it's released.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Well, technically, nobody can actually buy a WOZLE without the upfront deposit. But then in fairness to Jack he was able to sell out on those, so more power to him.

Why should "everyone" be allowed to buy a limited edition of a pinball machine? Even more so in this case since the only differences are in the trim?

It's basically trading some risk for some added payoff down the line. What people seem to (unrealistically) want in these scenarios is the LE badge without the LE risk.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

The point I was making is, why does there need to be an implied "risk" to buy any manufactured product? If having a row of LE machines is helping someone sleep at night and feel better about themselves, more power to them.

Because that risk also means reward for those who dare, and now they're the few and the proud. I know a few Tron LE owners, and are they glad they took the plunge? You better believe it. You think anyone who risked getting in on Big Bang Bar is saying "why oh why can't everyone have one"? No way.

The "people with too much money rocking themselves to sleep with their A-list pinball collections" sentiment gets replayed over and over in any thread about LEs. Frankly it looks more like sour grapes to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
8,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 399.95
$ 189.00
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside