(Topic ID: 43375)

Jersey Jack Pinball WOZ - SEE the Box !!!!

By PinballSTAR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 307 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download.jpg
orly.jpg
175368_FR.jpg
jack.jpg
IMG_2100.jpg
Pinball_News_JJP_Factory_2012-10_48.jpg
brad-pitt.jpg
3648043451_3de64014fd_z.jpg
howardhughes_sprucegoose_350wd.jpg
box.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did you read the whole JJP Update? Where is that box going?

Yep, that one is going to Ted Estes (programmer.) Final game weight officially clocked in at 320lbs!!

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The hobby has devolved to the point where people get excited about a box.

If you had waited 2 years for your game to be built while people on public forums joked that you're an idiot for putting money down so early for something that would never come to fruition ... you'd be happy to see a finished game in a box too.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's worse than that. As someone else pointed out, this original post is downright misleading. He posts that picture of a WOZ boxed up and put on a palett ready to ship, and says "the day has come", something about "doing cartwheels in the parking lots" etc., without telling us that that particular pin is being shipped to Estes, who is working on the code!
Uh...if this is being shipped to Estes, who is working with Keith on code, why should we be doing cartwheels? Seems like the implication could be that there is more work to do, not that they are shipping today.
Misleading thread.

OMG .. cry me a river

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did I say something that wasn't true?
Didn't think so.
Misleading thread. Period.

Wahhh .. move on to a different thread then and stop your constant b.tching and moaning

#186 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I predict we will see a wave of Forsale posts after the game is finally out. I called it now.

Do you seriously believe this?? Even if the code is not all there at first I predict this will almost certainly become a top 10 game at some point.

#202 11 years ago

Seemed like a milestone to me (however small you consider it.) Finally got their shipping boxes ... got a physically completed "final" game weighed (320 lbs) and boxed on a pallet, got that weighed (350lbs.) and now testing their packaging (i.e. shipped to their own employee) to ensure packaging is sufficiently safe so the 1000 LE games can officially begin shipping in a week or so.

They didn't exactly go to the New York Times with this information. They shot out an email to the folks on their WOZ email distribution list (i.e. customers) because people are constantly asking what the heck is going on? Status update, status update!! And they put it on their FB page. That's it. If you're a JJP customer and don't want that information then ask to be taken off their email distribution list. If you're not even a JJP customer then who are you to criticize them giving an update on progress? I don't understand why you care?

#212 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Serious question.
Increased the overall price expectation for NIB and Stern followed suit.
Made it common practice to now sell games based on a preorder basis, sometimes up to 2 years and now with Stern apparantly before a title is even announced.
Ruined the idea of what is an LE, as 1000 of something is NOT a limited edition, esp when the regular will likely be made in fewer numbers than the 'LE'.
Has now established that delivering a incomplete game code is in fact the standard. I do think there is a huge difference between deliving a polished game and then making further improvements (Avengers?) and delivering a rough cut code and then attempting to create a polished game with future updates (XM and now it appears WOZ will be this way).

1) JJP's price increased because they increased the quality of the game significantly (i.e. LCD, RGB LED's, direct-print cabinet, etc. etc.) Stern may have followed but if JJP is successful how long can Stern keep their prices this high without increasing the quality of their own games?
2) 1000 is not an LE? Umm .. how many TAF Golds (the original LE) were there? Now .. 1500 Hobbit "LE's" may be more questionable, lol
3) We haven't seen the first "delivered" code set yet so who the hell knows how "incomplete" it is? The code could be much further along than anyone realizes. My own game won't arrive for a couple months so at a minimum mine will be much more complete and given the advertised "easy" nature of upgrading .. who cares?

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I am a JJP customer. So I guess you can take back a big chunk of what you said? Lol.
Its one thing for JJP to spam these meaningless micro updates because they have no real updates to give. It's something else for sheep to blindly repeat it like its huge news...

What part of what I wrote was not true? What should I take back? Are you under the impression you cannot have yourself removed from JJP's email distribution list?
I was personally excited to see a completed game boxed and them ensuring their packaging is sufficient. If you don't care then why are you still reading this thread?
For all others crying that the OP "completely mislead you" ... it's an online discussion forum .. you were not just sold swamp land in Florida and taken for $50K. You click open a thread .. see it's not what you thought .. and move on. Is the sky really falling? He even changed the name of the thread hours after his original post.

#217 11 years ago

Physically completed may be the most accurate .. but for all we know the code is also much more complete than anyone realizes.

#220 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I really hope the game ships with 'complete' code. I am a huge fan of JJP and all pinball makers for that matter!

Well, how do you define "complete"? Honest question ... just curious what you consider "complete" enough for you? What additional bare minimum do you need? The "T-O-T-O" rollovers should be working, fine. The crystal ball should be integrated into the game, fine. And the melting of the witch should be integrated and working, fine. All inserts working appropriately, okay, etc. etc. Does it need to have 3 modes minimum? 5 modes? 10? How many different multiballs makes it "complete" for you? Keith (and gang) can come up with new rules and ways to take advantage of game elements in a different way for years to come I'm guessing. They can always add additional video clips and music later too. So what will satisfy you as being "complete enough" to begin shipping? Again, honest question.

#223 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Jack? Is that you?

Gary? Is that you?

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

If that's the case, why not tell/show us? What strategic advantage is there in not informing the pre-order customers the real status of the code? The only code I've seen complete is Jack's personal code:
My plan is to.....
Our goal is to......
That's our expectation......
We hope to.....

Obviously I can only speculate.
Maybe there really are physical game elements (we already know there is a surprise topper coming) that will be a complete surprise and any programming related (in any way) to those elements has been left out so as to not ruin the surprise? Maybe they just really want to wow the pinball community when the first games officially start shipping? Maybe they had not sufficiently tested certain aspects of the code? Or maybe the code really is all that we have seen and that's as far as they've gotten. Again, we don't know for certain. But I guess we'll find out soon enough.
If you're really disgusted by what you see in the first couple games shipped then I'm guessing you still have time to ask for a refund? Unless you are one of the first couple games.

#254 11 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Why should "everyone" be allowed to buy a limited edition of a pinball machine? Even more so in this case since the only differences are in the trim?

We actually still don't know the full LE differences on the WOZ to be honest. Yes, the cabinet hardware is powder coated (as well as the wireforms on the playfield for that matter), and the apron certificate is unique, and we're now hearing the topper on the LE is unique too. But there may very well be more surprises that are LE specific (certainly some goodies in the goodie bag if nothing else.)

Oh, and there was talk at one time that they were looking to do something on the LCD to identify the LE's as well (no biggy but we'll see.)

#264 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Whatever dude. I was one of the 1st to receive Avengers LE. Buying that one while also knowing how upset XMEN and TF buyers have been about unfinished code definitely does not make me an apologist. What do you own? I don't see you listing any collection at all.

He has no collection listed because he just made up that ID 30 minutes ago simply for the sake of throwing out a baseless (and childish) insult that he was too much of a wuss to post under his regular name.
Classic.

#271 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

I don't agree with what he said. But he's been a member longer than you.

So I need to create a whole bunch of fake accounts now so when I feel the urge to call you a moron I can just pull one out? It's the create date that matters, huh?

#286 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I still don't get it.
What do you mean "look at us too"? What is there to look at regarding WOZ? A box? Yeah, Stern really had to nip that in the bud!

Say what you want but a simple picture of the box has generated nearly 300 posts in 24 hours.

I can't imagine Stern feeling like they need to compete with every little JJP milestone or moment. JJP is the one that needs to play "catch up" and earn their credibility (which I think they'll do.) But I like having big Stern announcements/days and I like having a new company in the picture too. I hope they don't each feel like they're constantly competing for the bigger announcement at any given moment/event. I'll chalk the code release up to just coincidence.

#296 11 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Jack has made it pretty clear he is going up against Gary, and I realize Gary has a running start over Jack but it would be nice to see him striving toward a more traditional business model.

I missed this previously. When the heck did Jack EVER "make it pretty clear he is going up against Gary"?? Quite to the contrary, Jack has always asked people to stop any negativity toward Gary and/or Stern (both on the WOZ forum and at public events) AND that he wishes nothing but the best for Stern and that they sell a million more games. He has stated this time and time again.

And it's Jack's company so I guess he can go with whatever business model he believes will be the most successful. I think he has more experience in this industry than the overwhelming majority of folks on here.

#298 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Its on video dude
Jack slammed Stern in several ways & then promised a preorder with WOZ meant complete code, no production delays & a delivery date of Dec 2011.

Great .. please show me the video dude. I'd like to hear the "slams" (where he specifically referenced Stern). Because I'm thinking it must also be on more than a dozen videos of Jack giving speeches at pinball shows stating he wishes nothing but the best for Stern and that they sell a million more games. I guess this original "slam" cancels out everything else he ever said after that.

#301 11 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

So wrong. So very very wrong.

How so?? Please, bring me up to speed!

#303 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Find the video yourself. No way I'm sifting through the hundreds of preorder fishing JJP speech videos online. I think it was in Texas where Gary finally got fed up & walked out. Also the Midwest Gaming Classic too. Those are not the only times either, there were other smaller stabs here & there too.
He later on apologized after looking arrogant & failing to deliver which was an obvious PR self preservation mechanism.
Look it's old news & really not a big deal now days. I'm only brining it up because your so damn confrontational & wrong

lol, I'm so "damn confrontational"?? Okay, great comeback. Good luck with those court-ordered anger management classes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-ships-a-woz-see-the-box?tu=craz4pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.