(Topic ID: 43375)

Jersey Jack Pinball WOZ - SEE the Box !!!!

By PinballSTAR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 307 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download.jpg
orly.jpg
175368_FR.jpg
jack.jpg
IMG_2100.jpg
Pinball_News_JJP_Factory_2012-10_48.jpg
brad-pitt.jpg
3648043451_3de64014fd_z.jpg
howardhughes_sprucegoose_350wd.jpg
box.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cal50.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#60 11 years ago

I can hardly wait for a review of the box and how much better it is than a Stern box.

#162 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

It is by far the best built box using the finest cardboard adhesives and staples. The banding and clips feel stronger than the junk Stern uses and even the pallet uses a better grade of wood.

Its an innovative design using the best materials and construction available. Fully interactive with fold in / out flaps, die cut surfaces and distinct blue artwork unseen in boxes before. No corners have been cut from the high fiber cardboard to the blue ink derived from the rain forest plants & animals.

This is no ordinary box.....

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

^ I'd add build quality to the Pro list

Subjective (now) and not based on actual machines in use.
How they actually hold up on location or in the wild will determine if the quality is really there.

#242 11 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Ehhh, I can't even count the number of posts where someone has said "It's a long way from being done but it's built really well" that is more than subjective it's a first hand account. The fact it weighs 320 lbs COULD also be a clear indication of build quality, that part of course is subjective. IIRC not once has anyone said it feels of low quality.

"Feel" is the part that is subjective and is not always a reliable indicator.
The old saying "trust your instruments" , not what you think or assume comes to mind.

The machines need to actually be in use to determine or set a history or track record.

#273 11 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

I had to update both my Black knight and STTNG with newer roms to get the latest code after I got them.

Its a normal thing to do if you want or need to update code. My NIB FG was updated , my NIB WOF was updated ( code will likely never be complete), my WPT was updated as well. The only problem was the boot loaders are / were picky about flash memory sticks. Most if not all of my Williams games have been updated (myself) by burning the "best" ROM image available for the title I own.

Not long ago someone made a mod to some Williams ROM's for anti ghosting and LED's. If you desire that feature then update the game code. If you like profanity ROM's by all means get some.

The key difference is people are pointing out JJP made a statement about NOT shipping games with incomplete game code, I never heard of Stern ever making a promise like it. If that was JJP's genuine intent or just a marketing talking point its being kicked around now by people on both sides and the JJP supporters take offence to calling it out a possible promise broken. The delay in getting the games out has not helped either.

Since nothing has happened yet its hard to judge anything except the late delivery and the rest remains to be seen objectively, when it happens or does not happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cal50.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-ships-a-woz-see-the-box?tu=cal50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.