(Topic ID: 43375)

Jersey Jack Pinball WOZ - SEE the Box !!!!

By PinballSTAR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 307 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download.jpg
orly.jpg
175368_FR.jpg
jack.jpg
IMG_2100.jpg
Pinball_News_JJP_Factory_2012-10_48.jpg
brad-pitt.jpg
3648043451_3de64014fd_z.jpg
howardhughes_sprucegoose_350wd.jpg
box.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 11 years ago

Can I order a box with a topper?

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Good question...how long has Xmen been out?
But seriously, it's just going to get worse. The companies are going to keep pushing the buyers to see how far they can go.

Wait XMen is complete. I'm shocked.

#53 11 years ago

Joe,

You should fix the title of this thread if you want even an ounce of credibility on Pinside.

Misleading is bad enough from the usual trolls, but super Sh*tty from a vendor.

'

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You know how some kids at Christmas time end up playing with the box more than the toy inside? Just say'n... that is a nice box!

Enough already. That joke is long past its prime and looks redundant at this point. We get it.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I couldn't agree more. A picture of a game in a box?? Really??
I just want my f'ing game.

For all we know they're shipping an empty box.

Also, did anybody else notice that WOZ lost some weight?

I seem to remember it being announced at 390 pounds unboxed a couple months ago. Guess it spent the last couple months making weight for the release. Either that or they forgot to put the coils in before weighing it...

#56 11 years ago

empty boxes? really? If that's the Case. I'll sell my LOTR box. Lets start the bidding at $500.

#57 11 years ago

My side hurts!

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Can I order a box with a topper?

How about a roll of packing tape instead?

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Enough already. That joke is long past its prime and looks redundant at this point. We get it.

Calm down... just a little joke. A ton of guys here making worse comments than mine here and you pick on me...

I think you might be suffering from WoZless stressitis... get your refund, buy an ACDC and call me in the morning.

#60 11 years ago

I can hardly wait for a review of the box and how much better it is than a Stern box.

#61 11 years ago

Newb question but is there diamond plating or a clear coating on it? I just need to know if it's safe for water thanks. 3648043451_3de64014fd_z.jpg3648043451_3de64014fd_z.jpg

#62 11 years ago

OK. I'll take the packing tape and wad it up to make a topper. Then I'll cut a hole in the side for the monitor. Give me a green magic marker and I'll color the edges green.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

I can hardly wait for a review of the box and how much better it is than a Stern box.

I want a side by side comparison. I also want a bum to sleep in each box for a week to see which box is better to live in.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Their box will have greater attention to detail than the latest Stern game.

#65 11 years ago

brad-pitt.jpgbrad-pitt.jpg

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I want a Sid by side comparison. I also want a bum to sleep in each box for a week to see which box is better to live in.

If people keep buying games before they play them. Many here will need the box to live in because the prices will be to outrageous.

#67 11 years ago

Sooner or later, this shit has to come to an end. No more talk, no more hype, no more promises, no more bullshit. When the game is out, it'll either succeed or fail.

All this cutsey crap is just way out of control. Snippets of this, snippets of that, promises here, promises there. "It's killing it!" "It's shipping" "It's in a box!"

I think even people who bought into this game are scratching their heads.

I 100% fully understand people who hate Jersey Jack and WOZ. It's hard to respect any shop that spews so much junk. Let me know when it's out and done, hopefully it'll stand on it's own as a great game.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If people keep buying games before they play them. Many here will need the box to live in because the prices will be to outrageous.

That has already happened.

#69 11 years ago

This thread has turned to comedy gold!

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That has already happened.

Tom if you need a place to stay. You can crash here.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I call all the wooden wenches. They dont talk back

#72 11 years ago

"Jack played the box.. and he likes it!"

Sorry.

Looking forward to the next update... "The packing slip"

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I call all the wooden wenches. They dont talk back

HEY, they arn't wooden. They are Resin.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

As long as I can play Tommy and Shadow all day long, I don't care where I sleep.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Looking forward to the next update... "The packing slip"

Nice

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The hobby has devolved to the point where people get excited about a box.

I do not know about you, but I have been getting excited about a box for most of my life. Interest really increased rapidly around 7th grade if I remember correctly.

#77 11 years ago

lol

Like I said, comedy gold!

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do not know about you, but I have been getting excited about a box for most of my life. Interest really increased rapidly around 7th grade if I remember correctly.

LOL Hilton, only us dirty minded folks are going to get this one.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well played sir!

#80 11 years ago

OK, I'm convinced it's an empty box. Has no one else but me noticed the WOZ in the background with the hood (pf) up?

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Sooner or later, this shit has to come to an end. No more talk, no more hype, no more promises, no more bullshit. When the game is out, it'll either succeed or fail.
All this cutsey crap is just way out of control. Snippets of this, snippets of that, promises here, promises there. "It's killing it!" "It's shipping" "It's in a box!"
I think even people who bought into this game are scratching their heads.
I 100% fully understand people who hate Jersey Jack and WOZ. It's hard to respect any shop that spews so much junk. Let me know when it's out and done, hopefully it'll stand on it's own as a great game.

I totally agree. The JJP hype machine is so, so ridiculous. I sold my preorder a while back but still get the FB updates from Pinball Sales and JJP as well as the mailing list emails. In the early days the updates were exciting, real progress and thrilling to see the inner workings and development of the game. Now the updates are just self promoting, self congratulating crap pointing out how everyone thinks the game is amazing and how everyone is talking about WOZ and JJP and all this against the backdrop of a massively overdue release date and seriously underwhelming software makes me think the bluster is almost a reaction to the embarrassment of not delivering what was promised.

I hope they pull it out of the bag eventually but I think a lot of the good will they attracted originally has been lost over the last year or so.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Me too. Took me a while before I figured out how to open it and found what was inside.

#83 11 years ago

Now the only trick is trying to make the old box seem like a new box.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I cant wait till the linux kernel becomes corrupt and tons of people start going wtf. I run ubuntu on my main rig and it happens about once a year. There is still the lengthily thread on 3dm as well.

don't the stern games run ARM linux?

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Joe,
You should fix the title of this thread if you want even an ounce of credibility on Pinside.
Misleading is bad enough from the usual trolls, but super Sh*tty from a vendor.
'

Agreed. As if Jack doesn't get enough grief from the usual detractors. He certainly doesn't need his own distributors giving them the chum.

#86 11 years ago

I just ordered the JJP box LED kit from Cointaker. My box is going to get all the cool mods.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

don't the stern games run ARM linux?

no

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

When something is hyped so much for so long it can never NEVER live up to said hype. WOZ PINBALL= EPISODE 1.
I cant wait till the linux kernel becomes corrupt and tons of people start going wtf. I run ubuntu on my main rig and it happens about once a year. There is still the lengthily thread on 3dm as well.

No Linux kernel ever becomes corrupt. It's read only. It's only when people fuck with it, try to recompile or add modules that taint it. I can guarantee it won't "corrupt". And if there is a boot problem ill know in 2 seconds if someone messed with the OS as every single file is check summed.

There is also a complete reinstallation mechanism which takes but a few mins and installs OS and code. This would be used only in very rare cases.

P.S. if your Ubuntu box is screwing up yearly turn off auto updates. They suck and the dependency mapping in apt is horrendous. A machine will NOT corrupt if nothing is modified. It's not win blows.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

There is also a complete reinstallation mechanism which takes but a few mins and installs OS and code. This would be used only in very rare cases.

good to know.

What gpu is being used?

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

good to know.
What gpu is being used?

No GPU is required. Everything is pre-rendered. Fonts and certain graphics are overlays on top of renderings requiring no JIT generation.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No GPU is required. Everything is pre-rendered. Fonts and certain graphics are overlays on top of renderings requiring no JIT generation.

So no real time rendering then. What MB and Proc are being used? ssd? flash?

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Now the only trick is trying to make the old box seem like a new box.

Just turn it around.

I have a HUO Black Knight box I could let go of for $500.00.

#93 11 years ago

Jvs? or usb interface to driver?

Only reason i ask about proc and MB is so i can get some water blocks around as i know a few people who will want me to water cool there's. Pointless yes but well we all have water cooled 360's

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

So no real time rendering then. What MB and Proc are being used? ssd? flash?

SSD is the HD. Mobo had onboard graphics and HD sound.

I won't say what proc or the specifics on the mobo. You guys will have to wait for the game . But trust me its overkill. Which is the way I like it.

#95 11 years ago

I heard when they start shipping the first batch is headed to Australia, so that does two things
1) he ships this month as promised .
2) that buys him 45 more days to finish the code while they take a long boat ride..

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Which is the way I like it.

Hoping its something with a decent bios or is it going to be locked down I just want to over clock the shit out of it to say i over clocked it lol. Then i can verify my first pinball on cpuz website

#97 11 years ago

Wow. The last time a box caused this much uproar Paris had kidnapped Helen.

#98 11 years ago

What's been shown in the past... although this may no longer be current.

Pinball_News_JJP_Factory_2012-10_48.jpgPinball_News_JJP_Factory_2012-10_48.jpg IMG_2100.jpgIMG_2100.jpg

#99 11 years ago

A pinball machine that is about 90%

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Hoping its something with a decent bios or is it going to be locked down

Bios is standard/UEFI . It will be PW locked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.95
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-ships-a-woz-see-the-box/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.