fonzi-scheme-demotivational-poster-.jpg
bear.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg
behind2.jpg
Smaugmoviestill.jpg
shark-tank.jpg
You-cant-handle-the-truth6.jpg
let-s-get-ready-to-rumble-o.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 10 years ago

Great news

The laid off JJP factory workers get their jobs back

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

They had this news in the works before anyone was laid off.

The layoff was in the works before anyone was laid off too.

It all started in 2011...

#232 10 years ago

"Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc., the industry leading designer and manufacturer of premium, no-compromise pinball machines"

Waiting 3-4 years for a game sure sounds like a compromise to me.

Post edited by robin : Ban vote issued for unnecessary mud slinging

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

This is so typical. The guy with the heart, brains, and courage (pun intended) builds a company from the ground up. He invents and innovates. Does all the really hard work with countless sleepless nights, I'm sure. And then, the guys with the money who have done diddly poo regarding this company, step in to profit of of someone else's blood, sweat, and tears. It's a huge cash infusion for JJP, no doubt. But is it worth your soul?

Do you think JJP could have stayed afloat & fulfilled all preorders without this cash injection?

Jack built the company with preorder money & then took on investors 3 years later. You can't ignore this. Jack could have said no to the investors but I don't think that would have been a happy ending for anyone. I can see no reason he'd want to share his bed with strangers (JDA) other than necessity.

Some of you guys have bullet proof coping mechanisms in place.

I'm glad this happened. I now believe for the first time in years that JJP is going to be a great competitor to Stern. I think in a year things are going to be great for buyers now that two financially fit companies are shipping pins. This is kick ass! I am actually excited about Hobbit now because in my opinion it's much more real now.

But it's the investors that IMO saved both Stern & JJP.

Maybe both companies would have been fine without em but I don't think so & neither did Stern/JJP

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Vulture capitalist sympathizer, eh? What will these investors really do besides show up with the money and make demands? Reminds me of a typical episode of the Shark Tank. Yes, I've come up up with this great idea. Now, I have to grovel in front of Richie Rich to get anywhere.

They show up with money & JJP becomes a viable kick ass company hopefully. I've always said JJP would make a great Stooges pin & Stern would make a great Tony Hawk pin. Without investors I don't think I could say that.

Quoted from Aurich:

All I know is Curly is back. I'm ready for avatars to return to normal now, am I jerk for saying that? It's really hard to remember who everyone is when they all go the same.

Well you're a jerk bro but not for that

I know what you mean. It was confusing for a while because avatars are easier to process than handles. It was for a good cause though & hopefully it helped in some way.

I was going to keep my recent Ancient Aliens avatar for a while but the community has spoken & Curly has returned.

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Society is what we make it. No one ever mandated that it be a capitalist society. I prefer working toward the common good.

Ever wonder why humans have been douchebags since the beginning of time?

Because we're all engineered to BE douchebags. It's our destiny.

Every timeframe, every culture, every geographical location, from the beginning of time until it ends. We are humans & history repeats itself because we have more ape in our DNA than the alien colonizers.

Read the bible if that's your thing, read today's paper, shit just read the Stanford Prison experiment & you will see there is no fixing anything. The reptile brain had its limits & we too have ours.

So keep complaining. Keep pointing the finger at people as you consume subsidized grains & selfishly spend fiat paper fueled in a petro electric lifestyle that comes at a huge human expense in places you & I never see.

After all that said its JJP's possible "bail out" that was the last straw? Lmmfao!

Welfare & inflation is the only reason we aren't murdered at the grocery store. Think I'm wrong go live in Sudan & try to buy a pizza & pinball machine... while staying alive

Anyway I forgive you, group hug

#396 10 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

but there's no indication Jack is about to cut and run with our money. It's unfair to his reputation to suggest otherwise.

People haven't been suggesting he'd "run off" with the money.

They've been suggesting he might "run out" of the money.

Meanwhile it appears after 3+ years only 600 games shipped, factory workers were laid off & then investor capital appeared.

We usually hear the word "troll" any time someone doesn't fabricate or agree with an elaborate rebuttal to benefit JJP. I do think that's all behind us now due to the cash injection however. This forum will probably be a much better place pretty soon. Workers & parts at JJP should start moving around which is really what a lot of the arguments have been about this whole time.

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well for two years that was the running joke along with guarantees that not one pin would ever even be built or actually delivered…….
Then it was "run out of money" and Ponzi schemes…….
Now, 600 pins and the rest by 90 days isn't good enough, and its not for those waiting…..
So what's next? I'm looking forward to it, whatever it is…….

You are stirring the pot Ice lol.

In a non personal insulting manner you are insane if you think this whole shitshow was a success.

The running joke hasnt been people doubting JJP, it's been people believing games are 90 days out since late 2011

Oh look. 90 days huh? You made another funny!

#419 10 years ago

TFA

I really don't trust your judgement

Same to you Ice

You guys are cool, but if you ever called me with a "plan" I'd hang up on you lol

#440 10 years ago

Serious question.

Was this JDA thing the announcement or is that still pending?

#442 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Both. Jack announced an announcement and it was this. But then he announced another announcement. Because, inception.

Like for real?

This was his loaded pistol?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 5.00
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-partnership-with-jda?tu=pw79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.