Topic Stats

• 444 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zippydapinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

oldman.jpg
fonzi-scheme-demotivational-poster-.jpg
bear.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg
behind2.jpg
Smaugmoviestill.jpg
shark-tank.jpg
You-cant-handle-the-truth6.jpg
let-s-get-ready-to-rumble-o.gif

There are 444 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If I were Jack, I'd deflect attention with some type of outlandish, "epic" announcement. Better yet, it would be an epic announcement of an upcoming epic announcement. No one can bullshit better.

Tell us how you really feel. whabang!

#402 5 years ago

...in before the, hopeful, lock...

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Tell us how you really feel. whabang!

Am I the only one that gets tired of all the fanfare from JJP?

#404 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You're old and grumpy. Us kids still get excited about the idea of something new.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

grumpy old man, please cheer up! pinball is supposed to be fun. why the anger?

oldman.jpg
#406 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

People haven't been suggesting he'd "run off" with the money.

They've been suggesting he might "run out" of the money.

Well for two years that was the running joke along with guarantees that not one pin would ever even be built or actually delivered…….

Then it was "run out of money" and Ponzi schemes…….

Now, 600 pins and the rest by 90 days isn't good enough, and its not for those waiting…..

So what's next? I'm looking forward to it, whatever it is…….

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well for two years that was the running joke along with guarantees that not one pin would ever even be built or actually delivered…….
Then it was "run out of money" and Ponzi schemes…….
Now, 600 pins and the rest by 90 days isn't good enough, and its not for those waiting…..
So what's next? I'm looking forward to it, whatever it is…….

You are stirring the pot Ice lol.

In a non personal insulting manner you are insane if you think this whole shitshow was a success.

The running joke hasnt been people doubting JJP, it's been people believing games are 90 days out since late 2011

Oh look. 90 days huh? You made another funny!

#408 5 years ago

JDA is an investment company. They invest their shareholders money; or their own; because they are speculating that they will see a profit. If they don't see a profit, they will put pressure on the company they have invested in (JJP) to maximize profit. Such as cut corners, use cheaper parts, don't pay such high salaries for talent and workers, etc.. This could be a bad move for JJP if they end up not being able to serve up profits for those involved.

On the other hand, it could be the move they need to compete with Stern on an equal footing. The influx of cash would allow them to expand and streamline their pinball machine output and possibly get into other areas as well.

I wish JJP the best of luck in this new phase they are going through.

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You have to give JJP credit, they do get both their followers and detractors constantly whipped up into a frenzy.

We see here that some 'owners to be' have 2 paid games on pre order, and would gladly put money down on a 3rd.

That is the kind of loyalty that most companies could never even dream about.

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You have to give JJP credit, they do get both their followers and detractors constantly whipped up into a frenzy.
We see here that some 'owners to be' have 2 paid games on pre order, and would gladly put money down on a 3rd.

I agree I was a staunch JJP supporter and have a regular on order.. but now the bate and switch with the decals.
not feeling it any more...If they want to go forward with decals from now on fine but anybody who pre-ordered should get a choice . I'm thinking about canceling.. I'm going to talk to Jen first..
if fact some are saying the decals are more expensive.. so I'll save them some money and take a painted and cc one

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

...I agree I was a staunch JJP supporter and have a regular on order.. but now the bate and switch with the decals.
not feeling it any more...If they want to go forward with decals from now on fine but anybody who pre-ordered should get a choice...

From Jack's post in this thread, referring to the decaled cabinets...

Quoted from JerseyJack:

...Before we ship anything, we will talk to each customer.

It seems to me that if you don't want decals, you're not going to be forced to take them.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

From Jack's post in this thread, referring to the decaled cabinets...

It seems to me that if you don't want decals, you're not going to be forced to take them.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

I thought he was referring to the rest of the le run..and all the standards were going to get decals..
in any case I hope your right..

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There's no one better at shaking hands and kissing babies. I'll give you that.

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Of course you love hearing it - sounds exactly like your rants about PPS "taking money away from" Stern/JJP. Seems like you want them to "spread the wealth" for the common good. Hypocrisy, thy name is Teekee!

Holy crap. Not even remotely close to the same thing my friend. Kind of out of left field actually.

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Some people are like Bluegill and bite on anything, but they are happy.

A little more doing than talking about doing does more to silence rumors than launching new ones.

#416 5 years ago

nobody denies actions speak louder then words but an epic announcement has certainly piqued my interest. i don't think i am alone. whatever the announcement it certainly doesn't make me angry.

when a hobby makes one angry, maybe it's the wrong hobby

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

In a non personal insulting manner you are insane if you think this whole shitshow was a success.

Come on Curly, even though it might be a "shitshow" according to you, you still get a chance to wipe your ass and flush that 2 foot long rope turd down the bowl. You know what I'm talking about

Do you think about the crap you just took or look forward to the next one? Wtf?

#418 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You are stirring the pot Ice lol.
The running joke hasnt been people doubting JJP, it's been people believing games are 90 days out since late 2011
Oh look. 90 days huh? You made another funny!

Wait just a minute. Here's what we have after this "whole shitshow":

1) a new pinball company committed to making high quality product
2) a new pinball game -WOZ- truly like no other
3) a second game (and maybe more) in the works

And on the other hand:
1) a bunch of people that want the game they paid for but don't it have yet.

I'm sorry to those that don't have their games yet. I really am. But I'll take this shitshow everyday plus Sunday. And once everyone has their games...then what should we call it? How about: Pinball. ??

#419 5 years ago

TFA

I really don't trust your judgement

Same to you Ice

You guys are cool, but if you ever called me with a "plan" I'd hang up on you lol

#420 5 years ago

But seriously, the normal person can now find a WOZ on the secondary market. And a year from now a Hobbit too most likely. That's a bad thing?

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

But seriously, the normal person can now find a WOZ on the secondary market. And a year from now a Hobbit too most likely. That's a bad thing?

Whats going on with your Avatar. Thats the most important thing to know in this thread.

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

There's no one better at shaking hands and kissing babies. I'll give you that.

Just as long as he's not kissing hands and shaking babies.

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Whats going on with your Avatar. Thats the most important thing to know in this thread.

Hah! Just saw that!!

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Same to you Ice

You guys are cool, but if you ever called me with a "plan" I'd hang up on you lol

I'm hurt Curly, especially since my last name is Moe!

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Why I changed it again or what it is?

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Why I changed it again or what it is?

I was just giving you "the business". Is it some MMA fighter?

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I was just giving you "the business". Is it some MMA fighter?

It was Colin Kaepernick, 49ers QB. Probably changed it cause he sucked on Sunday.

#428 5 years ago

Does having the financial assistance from JDA now mean we will be able to buy machines without prepayments?

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartstoys:

Does having the financial assistance from JDA now mean we will be able to buy machines without prepayments?

Using WOZ as an example, we could always buy a machine without a prepayment. Some machines in the used market have reached secondary buyers before some of the pre-orders.

These machines are really only limited if the company fails.

#430 5 years ago

Reading through the rest of this...is Jack or anyone else going to try to convince LE buyers who dont have their machines yet to accept decals? Or did I read that wrong?

Still waiting...

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Reading through the rest of this...is Jack or anyone else going to try to convince LE buyers who dont have their machines yet to accept decals?

That's not my understanding.

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Reading through the rest of this...is Jack or anyone else going to try to convince LE buyers who dont have their machines yet to accept decals? Or did I read that wrong?

Still waiting...

CALL JERSEY JACK

#433 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

It was Colin Kaepernick, 49ers QB. Probably changed it cause he sucked on Sunday.

Definitely changed it because football season is over.

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Still waiting...

Quoted from spfxted:

CALL JERSEY JACK

That would just give Jack the opportunity to try to convince him to accept decals.

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

That would just give Jack the opportunity to try to convince him to accept decals.

Who wouldn't want decals, after all they are easier to replace when they wear out in your home, and they cost more! Trust me they are better.

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Who wouldn't want decals, after all they are easier to replace when they wear out in your home, and they cost more! Trust me they are better.

Exactly. Does Jack really think collectors are that stupid? And FWIW, Jack's original cabinet guy can easily make cabs faster than the games can be assembled. I'd love to REALLY know why decals are now being used, although I think it may have something to do with the number of parts that get dinged up and there's not much you can do to fix a cleared cab.

#437 5 years ago

This is the way I understand it...

ECLE WOZ-direct printed cabinet as always.
Standard WOZ for operators from here on out-decals
Standard WOZ preorders-option of direct print or decals. Jack's quote in this thread...

Quoted from JerseyJack:

...Before we ship anything, we will talk to each customer.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#438 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'd love to REALLY know why decals are now being used, although I think it may have something to do with the number of parts that get dinged up and there's not much you can do to fix a cleared cab.

That's what I was thinking too. I can believe the decal process is more expensive than direct print, but every piece of the direct print cabinet has a final finish before assembly. Imagine how easy it might be to damage a panel during assembly or having the cabinet 90% complete when it gets damaged.

At least decals are applied after the cabinet is assembled. If a panel does get damaged, any divots could get filled and a new decal applied.

#439 5 years ago

JJP, congrats on the new investors. They must have seen something in the JJP's future product roadmap they liked.
Just keep moving forward and make the games you envisioned, everything else will fall into place.

#440 5 years ago

Serious question.

Was this JDA thing the announcement or is that still pending?

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Serious question.
Was this JDA thing the announcement or is that still pending?

Both. Jack announced an announcement and it was this. But then he announced another announcement. Because, inception.

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Both. Jack announced an announcement and it was this. But then he announced another announcement. Because, inception.

Like for real?

This was his loaded pistol?

#443 5 years ago

No. JDA agreement, lower hobbit playfield and then the upcoming announcement that supposedly will happen by the end of Friday.

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

No. JDA agreement, lower hobbit playfield and then the upcoming announcement that supposedly will happen by the end of Friday.

A n d
I t
W i l l
B e
E P I C ! ! !
(ish)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 88.00
There are 444 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside