(Topic ID: 5706)

Jersey Jack Pinball Neon Sign

By AbacusMan

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you buy a JJ Neon sign?”

• Yes! 7 votes
      18%
    • Nope. 33 votes
      83%

(40 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0424.jpg
    millerbuckneon.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

$500 for a neon sign. Looks pretty cool, but is it worth $500? Thoughts?

I might just buy one...

http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5&idcategory=4

Poo, should of put a "maybe" option to vote... oh well.

#2 12 years ago

I think it's really cool. I'm seriously thinking about getting one. It is pretty darn expensive, though.

#3 12 years ago

Could have one made for less than that

#4 12 years ago

$500 bucks is a start towards a new machine, can't impede progress!

#5 12 years ago

His logo is ugly, and uninspired....

I do love him for helping revive pinball though!!

#6 12 years ago

I had a custom one made that says "RYAN'S" .. the lettering is blue and the border is yellow. I can take and post a pic. Cost $150 including transformer. It's been running now for 20 years.

I think I'd rather have one of my own instead of someone elses. Or maybe an old Coke, Pepsi, beer etc sign.

If you want something custom contact a local school that teaches glass blowing and neon arts. The students will cut you a great deal to complete a project needed. That is how I got mine.

#7 12 years ago

I have a nice Corona one in my little mini arcade.

I'd love a cool Stern one, or Bally, Williams, etc....

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from jespo_19:

Yup. It's like I don't even look at money as money anymore. It's pinball machine credit

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

His logo is ugly, and uninspired....

haha funny! Can you believe there's a guy, a friend of him got a tattoo on his arm.

#10 12 years ago

Miller High Life neon all the way!

millerbuckneon.jpgmillerbuckneon.jpg

#11 12 years ago

I like the sign but I am not that into JJ just yet to buy. I also have NOWHERE to put it as I found with this sign I just bought last week. I am now hoping to sell it to Tatman along with the pdi glass as I have found I have nowhere to put this sign though it is SUPER COOL!

IMG_0424.jpgIMG_0424.jpg

#12 12 years ago

BAd pic. it is super vibrant with red, orange, blue and white..

#13 12 years ago

I am neutral on the JJP sign but really, really like yours coasterguy.

#14 12 years ago

I was close on neon, went with a crosswalk hand and guy instead.

#15 12 years ago

Can someone tell me if what I think I'm seeing is actually what is there in the picture.

It looks like the sign is sitting on the floor, like it is on a base that sits on the floor.

Is that what I'm seeing?

It looks super huge, and heavy. It looks like a quality item, but if it is what I think it is,
    it's way too big. And too expensive for my budget. I'd rather put $500 towards buying
    a pin than spend it on a neon sign.

Small size, smaller price point, $50-$100. Yeah maybe I'd buy that.

#16 12 years ago

If I had a proper man cave I'd consider it, but I think the price would still be a dealbreaker. Five bills is a lot of coin for a damn sign!

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

Yup. It's like I don't even look at money as money anymore. It's pinball machine credit

Pretty much sums up my 2011!
    And 2012...
    And...

Time to eat my Ramen... *sigh*

#18 12 years ago

Yeh JJ love what hes doing but the logo does nothing for me, just something I wouldn't wear on a tshirt or hat or hang on the wall - might have to do with the fact that I design logos so Im a tough sell.

#19 12 years ago

No thanks. Only if I had a WOZ and was totally in love with it I might buy it to hang next to it. I really like coaster's pinball sign.

#20 12 years ago

Guys you can my sign all over. It is a standard sign not a custom sign. The are on Ebay as we type.

#21 12 years ago

Yes, I agree with fusion301. I love what JJ is doing and fully support him. But I too have designed logos and that one just does not cut it, and it sure does not have universal appeal. I can see many years ago designing a sign like that with the outline of the state of New Jersey. That was probably in 'the early days' before his company gained a national reputation and then an international one. If I was JJ, I would keep that logo for use in New Jersey only, simply for its familiarity there, and would design me another one for my new pin company.

And $500 for a sign that none of my visitors would understand . . . well, it is not practical and I sure can't afford it. I'd rather invest $500 in another JJ pin.

Mike in Kentucky
    WOZ owner #120

#22 12 years ago

I have a few neons but that price is up there especially for something we dont know is kick ass. Believe me I hope they are very successful though.

#23 12 years ago

I'd rather have a JJP T-shirt.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from jespo_19:

isn't that the absolute truth!

give me a Bally/Williams neon sign anyday.

#25 12 years ago

I think the JJ sign is really geared toward his new distributors though.

#27 12 years ago

I grew up in the midwest and live in AK now...not a fan of the East. I do like JJP and have a WOZ on order though.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-neon-sign and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.