Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which JJ do you prefer ”

• Wizard of Ozz 97 votes
      35%
    • Dialed IN 117 votes
      42%
    • Willy Wonka 62 votes
      22%

(276 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

21269372-C245-4664-BDFD-92DEEAA33718.gif
    81009809-FC68-4241-956E-38EA29E99940 (resized).jpeg
    E070FBEE-AD3E-4849-9ACB-AAC55759504F (resized).png
    84DE2E2F-B605-4437-90C8-03009EF09D54 (resized).jpeg
    314967CE-0989-4637-ABB8-0BF7B1D5FF73 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 3 years ago

I've owned all the JJP games. I would rate them as follows:

POTC LE or CE - Hands down the best JJP game to date....the challenge is finding one, and when u do u pay a steep price
    Wonka LE or CE - Great game with great flow (4 flippers is awesome), deep rules, and a great theme (at least for me)
    DI LE - Great flow and layout....theme sucked
    WOZ RR or ECLE - I really wanted to like WOZ as its a beautiful machine and packed with mechs (I've owned two models)....in the end I thought the game play wasn't very good.

For me it was always an easy decision to pay for the LE....u get nicer powder coating, invisiglass, external head phone and volume control, RGB lighting, etc....

If your buying used the best deals are on DILE's as they are selling at a pretty good discount

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Right here ...4-5 LEs 2 CEs didn’t check the standards but that’s a lot for a pin in such a high demand ...also the usual number up for 25k on eBay Lmao

My bet is JJP won't be making POTC anytime soon.....

#81 3 years ago

If your buying this game for the family there is almost zero chance they will like DI LE....I've owned every JJP game and the kids never turned on DI (not once) so after 6 months I sold it off and haven't missed it ....it was always the Hobbit or now WW LE....I would highly suggest playing these games before your final purchase..one thing to note is JJP games all have complex rule sets so good luck in explaining the rules to a 10 year old. You might consider the CGC remakes (MMR and AFMR)as they are a big hit with the kids as they are really fun and the rules are easy to explain

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

I will be searching for a RR or a YBR.
    Jp.

In my opinion the ECLE is the best looking WOZ, but u can't get it with the 2.0 light boards (unless someone upgraded already).....I've owned a RR and ECLE both with the buffered 7.5V boards, and had zero issues. No doubt getting a game with the new light boards is a big plus. I would stay away from the YBR since they removed the monkey mech.

#127 3 years ago

I've owned all the JJP games, and for our family WW is a big hit and a very fun game.....for me personally I would pick POTC, but WW isn't far behind. I really wanted to love WOZ since its so loaded with things to do, but in the end the game play was just Meh ! Light shows in WW are on par with the light shows on WOZ....I'm sure they love WW because the general theme is candy related

#129 3 years ago
    Quoted from Noma2017:

If POTC were available new or reasonable price it would have been my no brainer second even though I haven’t played yet. Unfortunately I started buying games during the pandemic and it wasn’t available. For now, I have resigned myself to hoping for a re-release

yea its a great game....rule set takes a while to comprehend (at least for me) since I don't play a lot. JJP clearly knows the demand for the game, but my guess is if they make it it will be at a different price point.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I think it all truly comes down to personal preference...specifically, what you "value" most in a pinball (modes, light show, length of play, toys/gimmicks, theme, difficulty, etc.)
    All JJP games are FANTASTIC. It's like asking whether you want to drive a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or a Bugatti. I would place POTC and WOZ at the top...but they have a lot of the things I look for most in pins. DI is my least favorite. Not to say it isn't a good game, but the theme just bugs me...so I would never own one. I will, however, play it on location.
    Your personal collection needs to be tailored to you, not others (as long as you can afford what you likee, of course...otherwise you have to buy what you can get, or trade up over time).

Totally agree....they are all fantastic in their own way.....theme, shots, flow, code, light shows, mechs, etc....everyone has different tastes. I felt the same way about DI, but it really does shoot well. WOZ shoots very different than all the other JJP games....theres very little flow, but theres a lot to shoot at ....after owning dozens of games I've found several that I enjoy along with my kids.....Williams IJ, MMRLE, Hobbit, and WW LE......kids won't play POTC, and never had interest in DI (which I was a little surprised at)......As far as value goes its hard to beat buying a nice HUO DILE as they haven't held their value very well, and u get a lot for your $.

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

I didn’t realize that the ECLE had different features than the RR. Are there different mechs or is it purely an aesthetic difference?

Purely aesthetics....it has a wood apron, and green trim

#140 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

The Ruby Red came with 2.0 boards from the factory. It is an $800 aftermarket kit for ECLE.

RR and ECLE originally had the same boards (5.0V, 7.5V). Only the newer WOZ models have the 2.0 light boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-machines-?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.