Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which JJ do you prefer ”

• Wizard of Ozz 97 votes
      35%
    • Dialed IN 117 votes
      42%
    • Willy Wonka 62 votes
      22%

(276 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

21269372-C245-4664-BDFD-92DEEAA33718.gif
    81009809-FC68-4241-956E-38EA29E99940 (resized).jpeg
    E070FBEE-AD3E-4849-9ACB-AAC55759504F (resized).png
    84DE2E2F-B605-4437-90C8-03009EF09D54 (resized).jpeg
    314967CE-0989-4637-ABB8-0BF7B1D5FF73 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Noma2017.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 3 years ago

I actually have all 3. I like Wonka the best.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

If your buying this game for the family there is almost zero chance they will like DI LE....I've owned every JJP game and the kids never turned on DI (not once) so after 6 months I sold it off and haven't missed it ....it was always the Hobbit or now WW LE....I would highly suggest playing these games before your final purchase..one thing to note is JJP games all have complex rule sets so good luck in explaining the rules to a 10 year old. You might consider the CGC remakes (MMR and AFMR)as they are a big hit with the kids as they are really fun and the rules are easy to explain

Same here. The kids love WW and then WOZ, but DILE is a distant third.

#124 3 years ago

I will also add as an owner of all three games, consider the difficulty if you have kids. My kids get frustrated with the lightning quick games on WOZ and the difficulty even on Super Easy. If you are a new player, get ready for some super frustrating and fast balls/games. For Wonka, it is much more manageable though not a super easy game. Just an opinion. I bought all three games blind. Had I played all three in advance there would have been a clear winner.

#126 3 years ago

I do and so do the kids. We play a lot of pinball now but are relatively new to the game.

I like DI more than my family does and maybe it takes more time to appreciate it fully.

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I've owned all the JJP games, and for our family WW is a big hit and a very fun game.....for me personally I would pick POTC, but WW isn't far behind. I really wanted to love WOZ since its so loaded with things to do, but in the end the game play was just Meh ! Light shows in WW are on par with the light shows on WOZ....I'm sure they love WW because the general theme is candy related

If POTC were available new or reasonable price it would have been my no brainer second even though I haven’t played yet. Unfortunately I started buying games during the pandemic and it wasn’t available. For now, I have resigned myself to hoping for a re-release

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I think it all truly comes down to personal preference...specifically, what you "value" most in a pinball (modes, light show, length of play, toys/gimmicks, theme, difficulty, etc.)
    All JJP games are FANTASTIC. It's like asking whether you want to drive a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or a Bugatti. I would place POTC and WOZ at the top...but they have a lot of the things I look for most in pins. DI is my least favorite. Not to say it isn't a good game, but the theme just bugs me...so I would never own one. I will, however, play it on location.
    Your personal collection needs to be tailored to you, not others (as long as you can afford what you likee, of course...otherwise you have to buy what you can get, or trade up over time).

I totally agree. Hard to play all of them to test, but if you can, it’s well worth it!

#147 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

We own WOZ, POTC and WW.
    I was suprised to see you think Wonka is easier than WOZ!
    I consider both of them to be difficult games, but WOZ is infinitely more fair. It is much easier to slap save and nudge to save outlane drains. WW is absolute brutality (but the game we currently are most addicted to.)

So interesting. Keep in mind we play on easy. I am growing into loving WOZ, but there is nothing more frustrating that the “No Place Like Home” left lane!
    So far the family votes (WW, WOZ, DI) but we have had the most time with WW. I could see it changing over time. I do hope to get to try Pirates when it’s possible!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Noma2017.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-machines-?tu=Noma2017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.