Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jorant
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which JJ do you prefer ”

• Wizard of Ozz 96 votes
      35%
    • Dialed IN 116 votes
      42%
    • Willy Wonka 62 votes
      23%

(274 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

21269372-C245-4664-BDFD-92DEEAA33718.gif
    81009809-FC68-4241-956E-38EA29E99940 (resized).jpeg
    E070FBEE-AD3E-4849-9ACB-AAC55759504F (resized).png
    84DE2E2F-B605-4437-90C8-03009EF09D54 (resized).jpeg
    314967CE-0989-4637-ABB8-0BF7B1D5FF73 (resized).jpeg

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

The Pirates above seems strange why anyone would ever swap out the monitor to a smaller size I’d beyond me. Wow

He's an operator. I'm sure it was a quick fix to keep the game up and running and making money.

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I would consider Hobbit. I own a Smaug LE and it is awesome! If you don't set the pitch steep enough it will be floaty and play bad for sure. But once you get it dialed and learn the game, it's one magical fantastic pin! This game gets a bad rap because early code sucked and it's too deep for the wild. It's a game meant for home use only! One of the best values out there right now and my best investment into pinball yet! It needs to be at 7.2 pitch and flipper power adjusted to compensate. It has the best theme integration of all time! The more I play this game, the more I love it. And the casual players love the pop up beasts! The girls scream during multiball LOL!

I'm with you 100% Hobbit is a great first pin with a lot to do. Best theme integration and yes, many multi-balls to keep new players engaged. Mine's not moving from my collection. Plus, you can probably find one for a good price and won't loose much on it if you decide to sell it later on.

#103 1 year ago

DI

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from gjm7777:

Overall I think DI has it all, it uses its toys the best, it shoots the best, it wears the jeans the best, so we ended up with DI.

Lmao

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from gjm7777:

I've played all of them but have the least amount of time on WW and POTC. For our first JJP we were thinking WOZ but after playing that and DI a bunch locally it was clear that DI was easily the most fun, and all of it somehow crammed in a standard body. It shoots like a dream and feels the closest to older 90s B/W games.
    WOZ feels like a two shot game but the upper playfields are fun when you get to them.
    POTC is really cool but its overwhelming at first
    Hobbit is fun but definitely feels barren compared to the rest, its slower and more of a pop up target shooter.
    WW shoots really well but the game feels disjointed and confusing
    Overall I think DI has it all, it uses its toys the best, it shoots the best, it wears the jeans the best, so we ended up with DI.

Perfect summary imo. I'm sure they are all great games once you get past the steep learning curves and tightness of jeans.

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Perfect summary imo. I'm sure they are all great games once you get past the steep learning curves and tightness of jeans.

I can only hope they re-release a Jordache LE that wraps the legs, rails, lockdown, and moving target in tight stone washed denim.

#107 1 year ago

Lmao

#108 1 year ago

So it looks like you members really like Dialed In -1st and WOZ in 2nd the the WW in a mere 3rd.

Now for myself to locate them local so I can get a feel for them. Would like to chk out Hobbit and Pirates as well.

As for re-sale value- it’s best to buy the LE machines it looks like.

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

It’s really a great pin. For the most part, the only reason people don’t like it is because of the theme. If you don’t mind the theme, then you will love the pin.

I'm a former DI owner. Theme never bothered me.

It was the extremely lackluster audio. I never thought sound was a factor, but the callouts were awful. They sucked out any exhilaration from the game.

I didn't notice it at first, but eventually it became clear why it was not getting played. It is unexciting to play because of the sound package.

DI had great smooth shots, but I prefer POTC and Woz over DI.

#110 1 year ago

My wife says WOZ since we grew watching the classic.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

One of the general rules of thumb for buying is never buy a pin for others (kids, etc.) with the assumption they will play it. More often than not they never do or only play it for a bit. So, I say buy what YOU want.

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

So it looks like you members really like Dialed In -1st and WOZ in 2nd the the WW in a mere 3rd.
    Now for myself to locate them local so I can get a feel for them. Would like to chk out Hobbit and Pirates as well.
    As for re-sale value- it’s best to buy the LE machines it looks like.

Best to buy a low play huo if you can...

#113 1 year ago

I will be searching for a RR or a YBR.

Jp.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

Jp.

Try get a rrwoz with build date after dec 15 2016 I believe that was when the 2.0 lightning system was standard. The ybr is neat but missing the monkey toy/mechanic so go with rr if possible.

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

Jp.

In my opinion the ECLE is the best looking WOZ, but u can't get it with the 2.0 light boards (unless someone upgraded already).....I've owned a RR and ECLE both with the buffered 7.5V boards, and had zero issues. No doubt getting a game with the new light boards is a big plus. I would stay away from the YBR since they removed the monkey mech.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

I don’t think there’s any pin quite as striking as WOZ

81009809-FC68-4241-956E-38EA29E99940 (resized).jpeg
    #117 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

Jp.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Try get a rrwoz with build date after dec 15 2016 I believe that was when the 2.0 lightning system was standard. The ybr is neat but missing the monkey toy/mechanic so go with rr if possible.

Quoted from PtownPin:

In my opinion the ECLE is the best looking WOZ, but u can't get it with the 2.0 light boards (unless someone upgraded already).....I've owned a RR and ECLE both with the buffered 7.5V boards, and had zero issues. No doubt getting a game with the new light boards is a big plus. I would stay away from the YBR since they removed the monkey mech.

The ECLE is easily the best looking and has the best features of all the WOZ variations. 2.0 boards are the cherry on top. Some of the 7.5v boards are perfectly fine...but some need fixing too.

If you can get a low play HUO ECLE with 2.0 boards, grab it quick.

#118 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

I think you are right. I think all the JJP machines look absolutely gorgeous. Though I think WOZ is the prettiest of them.

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I'm a former DI owner. Theme never bothered me.
    It was the extremely lackluster audio. I never thought sound was a factor, but the callouts were awful. They sucked out any exhilaration from the game.
    I didn't notice it at first, but eventually it became clear why it was not getting played. It is unexciting to play because of the sound package.
    DI had great smooth shots, but I prefer POTC and Woz over DI.

I'm the opposite. I like the callouts and especially the music. It's a day in quantum city and definitely feels like it. Characters are awesome as well. The barrow-meter's going crazy!

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Think more.

Nothing will touch those early 80's Bally's. They seem alive, the art, themes, even sound.
    Ever seen a collectors quality Fathom or Centaur, Elektra?

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

I honestly think from my research of reading is that the JJ machines technology is so much ahead of the other makers. They just do it right.

21269372-C245-4664-BDFD-92DEEAA33718.gif

I’m just joking. They are much better than Spike systems but CGC takes the win for robust tech.

#122 1 year ago

I placed a wanted ad in the sales area just as you said below so if anyone is on the fence of selling theirs, I would be interested. Once I get the first, there will be more to come. My old saying is (It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission)

Quoted from Daditude:

The ECLE is easily the best looking and has the best features of all the WOZ variations. 2.0 boards are the cherry on top. Some of the 7.5v boards are perfectly fine...but some need fixing too.

#123 1 year ago

Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!

Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

#124 1 year ago

I will also add as an owner of all three games, consider the difficulty if you have kids. My kids get frustrated with the lightning quick games on WOZ and the difficulty even on Super Easy. If you are a new player, get ready for some super frustrating and fast balls/games. For Wonka, it is much more manageable though not a super easy game. Just an opinion. I bought all three games blind. Had I played all three in advance there would have been a clear winner.

#125 1 year ago

So you prefer WW?

#126 1 year ago

I do and so do the kids. We play a lot of pinball now but are relatively new to the game.

I like DI more than my family does and maybe it takes more time to appreciate it fully.

#127 1 year ago

I've owned all the JJP games, and for our family WW is a big hit and a very fun game.....for me personally I would pick POTC, but WW isn't far behind. I really wanted to love WOZ since its so loaded with things to do, but in the end the game play was just Meh ! Light shows in WW are on par with the light shows on WOZ....I'm sure they love WW because the general theme is candy related

#128 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I've owned all the JJP games, and for our family WW is a big hit and a very fun game.....for me personally I would pick POTC, but WW isn't far behind. I really wanted to love WOZ since its so loaded with things to do, but in the end the game play was just Meh ! Light shows in WW are on par with the light shows on WOZ....I'm sure they love WW because the general theme is candy related

If POTC were available new or reasonable price it would have been my no brainer second even though I haven’t played yet. Unfortunately I started buying games during the pandemic and it wasn’t available. For now, I have resigned myself to hoping for a re-release

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from Noma2017:

If POTC were available new or reasonable price it would have been my no brainer second even though I haven’t played yet. Unfortunately I started buying games during the pandemic and it wasn’t available. For now, I have resigned myself to hoping for a re-release

yea its a great game....rule set takes a while to comprehend (at least for me) since I don't play a lot. JJP clearly knows the demand for the game, but my guess is if they make it it will be at a different price point.

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I think it all truly comes down to personal preference...specifically, what you "value" most in a pinball (modes, light show, length of play, toys/gimmicks, theme, difficulty, etc.)

All JJP games are FANTASTIC. It's like asking whether you want to drive a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or a Bugatti. I would place POTC and WOZ at the top...but they have a lot of the things I look for most in pins. DI is my least favorite. Not to say it isn't a good game, but the theme just bugs me...so I would never own one. I will, however, play it on location.

Your personal collection needs to be tailored to you, not others (as long as you can afford what you likee, of course...otherwise you have to buy what you can get, or trade up over time).

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I think it all truly comes down to personal preference...specifically, what you "value" most in a pinball (modes, light show, length of play, toys/gimmicks, theme, difficulty, etc.)
    All JJP games are FANTASTIC. It's like asking whether you want to drive a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or a Bugatti. I would place POTC and WOZ at the top...but they have a lot of the things I look for most in pins. DI is my least favorite. Not to say it isn't a good game, but the theme just bugs me...so I would never own one. I will, however, play it on location.
    Your personal collection needs to be tailored to you, not others (as long as you can afford what you likee, of course...otherwise you have to buy what you can get, or trade up over time).

Totally agree....they are all fantastic in their own way.....theme, shots, flow, code, light shows, mechs, etc....everyone has different tastes. I felt the same way about DI, but it really does shoot well. WOZ shoots very different than all the other JJP games....theres very little flow, but theres a lot to shoot at ....after owning dozens of games I've found several that I enjoy along with my kids.....Williams IJ, MMRLE, Hobbit, and WW LE......kids won't play POTC, and never had interest in DI (which I was a little surprised at)......As far as value goes its hard to beat buying a nice HUO DILE as they haven't held their value very well, and u get a lot for your $.

#132 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I totally agree. Hard to play all of them to test, but if you can, it’s well worth it!

#133 1 year ago

Keep it coming/ just like to hear everyone’s thoughts on all the JJ pins so I can look for these things. Everyone here is extremely helpful to understand each pin.

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I didn’t realize that the ECLE had different features than the RR. Are there different mechs or is it purely an aesthetic difference?

#135 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

I didn’t realize that the ECLE had different features than the RR. Are there different mechs or is it purely an aesthetic difference?

Purely aesthetics....it has a wood apron, and green trim

#136 1 year ago

Despite what a few people on this feed have said, I believe you absolutely CANNOT go wrong with a Jersey Jack pin. I've played all of them and I own a POTC. Certainly, they are more expensive than their competitors, but they also hold their value well. Above all, they are a blast to play. And I think they hit the right combination of being easy enough for a newcomer to get into but also deep enough for the experienced player. That means their games will still be a blast for you to play as your skills improve. At least it has worked that way for me. I've owned my POTC for 14 months now and I'm constantly finding new aspects to it. Of the three you listed in your poll, I would pick WOZ mainly because it has theme over DI. DI is a fun, cool game, but I don't really care for the theme. WOZ is cool...even though I've never been much of a fan of the movie. If you or your wife love the movie then I would think WOZ would definitely be the way to go for you. WW is an excellent game too, but I still prefer WOZ.

#137 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Purely aesthetics....it has a wood apron, and green trim

The Ruby Red came with 2.0 boards from the factory. It is an $800 aftermarket kit for ECLE.

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

DI is my least favorite. Not to say it isn't a good game, but the theme just bugs me...so I would never own one. I will, however, play it on location.

oh man, that’s so bizarre, DI is for me the coolest theme in the last 20 years - I’d have to go back to pre 2000 to find something as good. I just find all these newer licenced themes pretty lame. Although with Wonka I’m kind of tempted.

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

Keep it coming/ just like to hear everyone’s thoughts on all the JJ pins so I can look for these things. Everyone here is extremely helpful to understand each pin.

Potc and Woz are the best looking, deepest, with the most shots...but have the least flow... hobbit has the most/best modes, wonka has a good combo of shots and flow...but costs the most (behind potc) because it is the newest, DI has very good gameplay but a theme that many don't care for (however, as mentioned above, it holds the best "value" if you like...or at least, can live with...the theme).

Potc costs twice what the others do too.

#140 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

The Ruby Red came with 2.0 boards from the factory. It is an $800 aftermarket kit for ECLE.

RR and ECLE originally had the same boards (5.0V, 7.5V). Only the newer WOZ models have the 2.0 light boards

#141 1 year ago

Sent you a pm

Jp.

Quoted from Daditude:

Potc and Woz are the best looking, deepest, with the most shots...but have the least flow... hobbit has the most/best modes, wonka has a good combo of shots and flow...but costs the nost (behind potc) because it is the newest, DI has very good gameplay but a theme that many don't care for (however, as mentioned above, it holds the best "value" if you like...or at least, can live with...the them.
    Potc costs twice what the others do too.

#142 1 year ago

Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind , but I’m still going to throw in my vote for dialed in

#143 1 year ago

Thought I’d chime in as well and probably mirror many others experiences with JJPs...I currently own WOZ and DI and absolutely love them both...everything about JJPs are top notch and sitting next to a Stern, Williams/Bally, etc. there’s no comparison...like others have said, Stern makes some fun games as well but the build quality and attention to detail just isn’t there IMO...WOZ is always a favorite for friends and my kids love DI because they’re into the phone and emoji mode and stuff like that...I also agree that DI seems to remind me of the late 80s early /90s Williams games which I love as well...I’m not a good player by any means which is maybe why I just have a blast playing them all...I’ve also put a fair bit of time on a POTC on location before all this mess hit and call me crazy but it’s my least favorite of the current JJP lineup...for the money I’d take a DI and Hobbit for the price of a POTC! Good luck with your search and I’m sure you’ll enjoy whichever one you pick!

#144 1 year ago

If anyone has any leads on WOZ in RR please let me know thx

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

but costs the nost

Quoted from Daditude:

, can live with...the them.

It’s 5’o clock somewhere

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from Noma2017:

I will also add as an owner of all three games, consider the difficulty if you have kids. My kids get frustrated with the lightning quick games on WOZ and the difficulty even on Super Easy. If you are a new player, get ready for some super frustrating and fast balls/games. For Wonka, it is much more manageable though not a super easy game. Just an opinion. I bought all three games blind. Had I played all three in advance there would have been a clear winner.

We own WOZ, POTC and WW.

I was suprised to see you think Wonka is easier than WOZ!

I consider both of them to be difficult games, but WOZ is infinitely more fair. It is much easier to slap save and nudge to save outlane drains. WW is absolute brutality (but the game we currently are most addicted to.)

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

We own WOZ, POTC and WW.
    I was suprised to see you think Wonka is easier than WOZ!
    I consider both of them to be difficult games, but WOZ is infinitely more fair. It is much easier to slap save and nudge to save outlane drains. WW is absolute brutality (but the game we currently are most addicted to.)

So interesting. Keep in mind we play on easy. I am growing into loving WOZ, but there is nothing more frustrating that the “No Place Like Home” left lane!
    So far the family votes (WW, WOZ, DI) but we have had the most time with WW. I could see it changing over time. I do hope to get to try Pirates when it’s possible!

#148 1 year ago

After following this thread, here’s my conclusion. JJP pins are like pizza or ice cream. They are all really good. It just comes down to what flavor you prefer

#149 1 year ago

I know owning all 3-4 machines must be hard to decide but they all I’m sure has it’s pros and cons. I can’t wait to get to own my first though.

#150 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

The Emerald City Limited Edition has a shaker motor and invisiglass. In addition, it has green legs, trim, and body armor, and a plaque signed by the team who worked on it. It also has an emerald green mirrored backglass. It has a wooden apron, monkey, and a unique topper as well. Only 1000 we're made, all numbered of course. The cab also has direct print art.

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside