Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jorant
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which JJ do you prefer ”

• Wizard of Ozz 96 votes
      35%
    • Dialed IN 116 votes
      42%
    • Willy Wonka 62 votes
      23%

(274 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

21269372-C245-4664-BDFD-92DEEAA33718.gif
    81009809-FC68-4241-956E-38EA29E99940 (resized).jpeg
    E070FBEE-AD3E-4849-9ACB-AAC55759504F (resized).png
    84DE2E2F-B605-4437-90C8-03009EF09D54 (resized).jpeg
    314967CE-0989-4637-ABB8-0BF7B1D5FF73 (resized).jpeg

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 1 year ago

Hmmm...A lot of POC for sale recently ...Is the cat out of the bag ? Stay away from those prices my $$ is on a new game and another run of POC Before years end !!

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Multimorphic is the clear front runner with pinball technology.

can't wait to confirm this very soon!

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Hmmm...A lot of POC for sale recently ...Is the cat out of the bag ? Stay away from those prices my $$ is on a new game and another run of POC Before years end !!

There are? Where?

#54 1 year ago

Right here ...4-5 LEs 2 CEs didn’t check the standards but that’s a lot for a pin in such a high demand ...also the usual number up for 25k on eBay Lmao

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There are? Where?

There’s 3-4 on the Pinside market right now.

#56 1 year ago

The best of the Jersey Junk Pins is Dialed In of those 3. Not the best earning machine though if you are routing them.

#57 1 year ago

If you have a family then Willy Wonka is a great choice. It's the one pin my kids love to play.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

can't wait to confirm this very soon!

Is that the company with the interchangeable playfield ?

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Right here ...4-5 LEs 2 CEs didn’t check the standards but that’s a lot for a pin in such a high demand ...also the usual number up for 25k on eBay Lmao

My bet is JJP won't be making POTC anytime soon.....

#60 1 year ago

Wow thanks for all the replies guys. Yes I will be sharing my pins with my daughter and trying to get my wife on board as well. Daughter says get them “all”
    We have cleared some space but yes, I will start with the JJP first (I just like how they pop) and then move downward to the stern machines is the plan.

#61 1 year ago

Wow- members really like the “Dialed In”

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

It’s really a great pin. For the most part, the only reason people don’t like it is because of the theme. If you don’t mind the theme, then you will love the pin.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Someone has to balance you out dude, seriously.
    How you can ever try to call someone else out for slurping is beyond hilarious.

This is a thread about someone wanting to buy a JJP game, not a Stern game. By the way I recently sold a JJP game, Pirates, and bought a Stern game to replace it. I like both manufacturers, just not a fan of Sterns cost cutting, price increases, and inconsistent quality over the past 5 years.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

My bet is JJP won't be making POTC anytime soon.....

So not soon...but eventually huh?

Anyone else in the I have to look myself in the mirror everyday for canceling my pirates pre order over pizza gate club?

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

It's the only JJP I would put in my home. I'll throw a few bucks in the others on location though, they all have their merits.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

I like them all. JJP is like the spiritual successor to Bally Williams. Dialed in is a great machine for sure.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

I was told if I can find a place here in Houston Texas, play them and see which one I like

Hopefully you will--in my opinion, it's good to play the games yourself first. Then you can see what you like and/or dislike about them, and decide what to do from there.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome to Pinside.

#68 1 year ago

Nothing wrong with starting with JJP...Just think you're really limiting if you're a fan boy to only one brand. So many cool games by all manufacturers. I enjoy my Woz, but sometimes the brutality of The Walking Dead is cool for a change of pace. Whatever draws you in that's cool. Enjoy whatever game you end up with.

#69 1 year ago

WOZ was my first game. Still stunningly gorgeous and fun to play (I still have it and the grandkids go bonkers for it). But there are amazing games made by the other current manufacturers out there (I have 6 Sterns and a Spooky), so don't pigeonhole your thinking into just getting a JJP. Great machines, yes. But I think you're missing out on a world of incredible pinball by thinking that way.

#70 1 year ago

Dialed In represents everything that is right with modern pinball.

#OldSchoolLawlorFan

#71 1 year ago

I was lucky enough to be able to rent a Dialed In for a couple of months. During that time, I developed an appreciation for the game that I never had from only playing it in the arcades. It is truly a great game, with smooth shots and enough modes that it never seems to get boring. I tried really hard to buy the game at the end of the rental but the owner wanted it back... so I decided, like you, that I was going to buy my first Jersey Jack game to have at home. That game would have been Dialed In but I really wanted a NIB and I wasn't able to find anyone with standard DI left. The budget just wouldn't allow the $9K price of the LE so I ended up with a Wonka instead. It's a great game, too, which I'm just starting to figure out. Ultimately, I may change my mind, but at this point I think DI is the better choice for a single game to start with.

#72 1 year ago

72 votes to 56 votes

Man what happened to WW?

I just thought that one would be a near 2nd.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

72 votes to 56 votes
    Man what happened to WW?
    I just thought that one would be a near 2nd.

I personally feel it's the weakest of all the jjps. I guess the poll results are about what I expected.

#74 1 year ago

I own 3 JJP pins plan on keeping them for the long haul. Since this is your first pin I voted DI which is one of the 3 I own.

I think it's just an awesome game and seems to have universal appeal in my household.. I don't have own Wonka and played it some but not enough to recommend.

Good luck.

#75 1 year ago

Dialed In is the only one in this poll I'll voluntarily play. Didn't quite like it enough to buy one, but I was sad when my friend sold his. Shoots great, pretty good rules. I just hate the ramp diverter that knocks balls onto that clunky shelf above the pop bumpers, which is fun how, exactly?

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I just hate the ramp diverter that knocks balls onto that clunky shelf above the pop bumpers, which is fun how, exactly?

The diverter itself isn't for fun, it's for fucking you over which is fine by me. The lexan piece is weak sauce...and to think peopel refer to it as an "upper playfield,"

#77 1 year ago

WOZ is great if you want to shoot 26 standup targets.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Dialed In is the only one in this poll I'll voluntarily play. Didn't quite like it enough to buy one, but I was sad when my friend sold his. Shoots great, pretty good rules. I just hate the ramp diverter that knocks balls onto that clunky shelf above the pop bumpers, which is fun how, exactly?

When I first saw that I was like "that is so cool!" You only see it a tiny bit and it is meant to fuck your shot up, not reward you exactly.

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I was lucky enough to be able to rent a Dialed In for a couple of months. During that time, I developed an appreciation for the game that I never had from only playing it in the arcades. It is truly a great game, with smooth shots and enough modes that it never seems to get boring. I tried really hard to buy the game at the end of the rental but the owner wanted it back... so I decided, like you, that I was going to buy my first Jersey Jack game to have at home. That game would have been Dialed In but I really wanted a NIB and I wasn't able to find anyone with standard DI left. The budget just wouldn't allow the $9K price of the LE so I ended up with a Wonka instead. It's a great game, too, which I'm just starting to figure out. Ultimately, I may change my mind, but at this point I think DI is the better choice for a single game to start with.

I´m currently renting a dialed in, had a jp-pro here before that.
    The family likes dialed in a lot more then the jp. I´m a bit undecided. If dialed in had better theme and not the elevator music, it would be a clear winner compared to JP.

Dialed in is really liked by the girls and wife, and why hasn´t more manufacturers adopted daily high-scores and having the photograph taken. That´s such a success for the kids in the family.

When our gameroom is finished, we aim to get a couple of pins and just like ts, i think jjp seems heads and shoulders above stern and spooky.
    The only real competition in my view are the three cgc´s.
    For me i would love a rick and morty, since the theme/assetmanagement seems over the top, but the game seems pretty barren.

Wonka seems like the best overall choice for a first pin, but my smallest daughter is afraid of the ompa-loompas.

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

It´s such a strange game. Ugly pants, ugly figures and the best freakin lightshow in town.
    Agree on the pointless diverter leading nowhere.

#81 1 year ago

If your buying this game for the family there is almost zero chance they will like DI LE....I've owned every JJP game and the kids never turned on DI (not once) so after 6 months I sold it off and haven't missed it ....it was always the Hobbit or now WW LE....I would highly suggest playing these games before your final purchase..one thing to note is JJP games all have complex rule sets so good luck in explaining the rules to a 10 year old. You might consider the CGC remakes (MMR and AFMR)as they are a big hit with the kids as they are really fun and the rules are easy to explain

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

If your buying this game for the family there is almost zero chance they will like DI LE....I've owned every JJP game and the kids never turned on DI (not once) so after 6 months I sold it off and haven't missed it ....it was always the Hobbit or now WW LE....I would highly suggest playing these games before your final purchase..one thing to note is JJP games all have complex rule sets so good luck in explaining the rules to a 10 year old. You might consider the CGC remakes (MMR and AFMR)as they are a big hit with the kids as they are really fun and the rules are easy to explain

Same here. The kids love WW and then WOZ, but DILE is a distant third.

#83 1 year ago

I would consider Hobbit. I own a Smaug LE and it is awesome! If you don't set the pitch steep enough it will be floaty and play bad for sure. But once you get it dialed and learn the game, it's one magical fantastic pin! This game gets a bad rap because early code sucked and it's too deep for the wild. It's a game meant for home use only! One of the best values out there right now and my best investment into pinball yet! It needs to be at 7.2 pitch and flipper power adjusted to compensate. It has the best theme integration of all time! The more I play this game, the more I love it. And the casual players love the pop up beasts! The girls scream during multiball LOL!

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I would consider Hobbit. I own a Smaug LE and it is awesome! If you don't set the pitch steep enough it will be floaty and play bad for sure. But once you get it dialed and learn the game, it's one magical fantastic pin! This game gets a bad rap because early code sucked and it's too deep for the wild. It's a game meant for home use only! One of the best values out there right now and my best investment into pinball yet! It needs to be at 7.2 pitch and flipper power adjusted to compensate. It has the best theme integration of all time! The more I play this game, the more I love it. And the casual players love the pop up beasts! The girls scream during multiball LOL!

This. One of my favorite pins ever. If course I like the LOTR, tspp, bm66, woz style game.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

When I first saw that I thought the thing was broken lol. DI by far my fav JJP game as well. It shoots great and I like the campy humor. Things like the emoticons and camera stuff is a bit cringy but not deal breaker. Like pinballmaniac40 said, it reminds me of earlier Lawlor games and love that. Great sounds, visuals, and does good job explaining what to do. Only thing is that I have heard from several owners here that it gets old after 6 months or so. Modes get repetitive and the sim shot is too hard is common complaints.

I'm not sure if Joystix downtown still does pacman nights. I believe it was first and last Fridays of the month you get in for door charge. Doubtful with covid but I'm sure you can still make an appointment and check out a ton of games. Buying one from there will be expensive but you will get white glove treatment.
    JJP games weigh a ton so keep that in mind. Always best to play as many games as you can before buying one. Pretty much every pin is a lot of fun to play for the first times.

#86 1 year ago

My woz and hobbit are my only two games I never plan to sell. Hobbit is such an adventure and gets the most play. I can’t wait to see gnr and will probably be getting one. Potc looks great, but confusing as hell, and wonka is cool but doesn’t have that must have feel for me. DI is really cool, and I actually like the quirky theme.

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from jorant:

I like them all. JJP is like the spiritual successor to Bally Williams. Dialed in is a great machine for sure.

I loved my DILE until I got my Wonka!

#88 1 year ago

In the past I owned WOZ..DI..but hobbit was the only pin to stick around and I still own it. DI shoots smooth as butter and has a mode base rule set which I prefer. I thought for sure it would’ve been a keeper but it just didn’t have that cool build up to a great moment like WOZ and Hobbit have. The music is also bland and doesn’t bring you into the theme. WOZ was beautiful and loved the upper playfields but shot clunky, but I loved melting the witch. Hobbit feels like I’m in the movie when I play it and when you get a grasp on the rules it opens up. Killing Smaug feels so good and one of the best shots in pinball IMHO. Good luck on your choice but like others have said play as many games as you can before you decide.

#89 1 year ago

For the home pirates is awesome because there are so many achievable Multiballs.

#90 1 year ago

You guys are making this easy. My wife says yes to WOZ but I'm seeing this pole say the other way.

On the resale side, it looks as if they hold solid on value.

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

You guys are making this easy. My wife says yes to WOZ but I'm seeing this pole say the other way.

Woz is awesome, I've owned mine for over 5 years first JJP . Going for melting the witch is my favorite sequence in pinball. I will never sell and have upgraded to the new light boards. Besides my comment on DI the Hobbit gets lots of play. I love it but others think it's not that good.

Go figure. One reason to try to find a place to play them all a lot.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

...also the usual number up for 25k on eBay Lmao

0? There aren't any open listings for a JJP Pirates pin on eBay or closed ones either at any price.

#93 1 year ago

Hello,

Figured I'd chime in here. I played all three and owned WOZ and Dialed in (and owned a Hobbit). Thought I'd be in for WW but didn't care for it after logging around 25 games or so. I first played Dialed in at a comic book show and loved it, from game one, so much so I got rid of WOZ to get it. WOZ is a beauty of a game to look at but I found it to be like chopping wood. For me it plays kind of slow, maybe its the wide body aspect of it, this is just my opinion. Dialed In however is a blast to play. If you like Pat Lawlor games this combines a ton from his past titles arranged in such fun way.

#94 1 year ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

0? There aren't any open listings for a JJP Pirates pin on eBay or closed ones either at any price.

If you want a lil project this one dropped to 10.5

E070FBEE-AD3E-4849-9ACB-AAC55759504F (resized).png
    #95 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

If you want a lil project this one dropped to 10.5
    [quoted image]

I saw that. If I didn't have one already I would be busy figuring out how to justify a trip to TN with the family.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I saw that. If I didn't have one already I would be busy figuring out how to justify a trip to TN with the family.

Lmao...I just bought a IM I’m on the sideline awile...love martins BBQ in Nashville

#97 1 year ago

For a while I had WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates. I recently sold my Pirates LE but have no plans to sell the other three. Pirates has one of the best layouts in pinball, and probably the best widebody layout ever created withs shots galore. However, the lack of mode choreography for chapter modes and the main movie multiballs (due to a lack of licensed assets) along with only hearing one voice ever in the game (Gibbs) made the game feel repetitive and a bit soul lacking in my opinion. I don't feel the same way about my other 3 JJP pins, especially Hobbit which has one of the best / deepest objective based rulesets ever created.

#98 1 year ago

The Pirates above seems strange why anyone would ever swap out the monitor to a smaller size I’d beyond me. Wow

#99 1 year ago

Own two LE'S - Dialed-In and AFMr. Both great games, however, DI is so far advanced in terms of play, lights, sounds, modes, etc. Frustrating as hell though, because it challenges you on each play. Definitely worth the cost, as I truly believe JJP produces a higher-quality game compared to say, a Stern. My third machine will be WOZ or MMr .

#100 1 year ago

I've played all of them but have the least amount of time on WW and POTC. For our first JJP we were thinking WOZ but after playing that and DI a bunch locally it was clear that DI was easily the most fun, and all of it somehow crammed in a standard body. It shoots like a dream and feels the closest to older 90s B/W games.

WOZ feels like a two shot game but the upper playfields are fun when you get to them.
    POTC is really cool but its overwhelming at first
    Hobbit is fun but definitely feels barren compared to the rest, its slower and more of a pop up target shooter.
    WW shoots really well but the game feels disjointed and confusing

Overall I think DI has it all, it uses its toys the best, it shoots the best, it wears the jeans the best, so we ended up with DI.

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside