(Topic ID: 135027)

Jersey Jack Pinball Gameroom Show (8/29/15)

By ForceFlow

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 157 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150829102409620.jpg
20150829102526522.jpg
20150829102430834.jpg
20150829102445152.jpg
20150829102521322.jpg
20150829114403783.jpg
20150829114553896.jpg
20150829103641244.jpg
20150829103710331.jpg
20150829103403769.jpg
20150829103619610.jpg
20150829103602926.jpg
20150829103532856.jpg
20150829103506035.jpg
20150829103431717.jpg
20150829103321896.jpg

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago

What's the exact address for this thing? About to leave and all it says is jersey shore. Who wants a ride in a new vette?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

What's the exact address for this thing? About to leave and all it says is jersey shore. Who wants a ride in a new vette?

Can you come pick me up Kaneda?

Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
Address: 1645 Oak Street, Lakewood NJ, 08701
Phone: 732-364-9900
Email: jack@jerseyjackpinball.com

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

What? you play pool too? I played for years. were going to have to play when you come out...

No...literally a pool. You don't need those in Hawaii because you're surrounded by water! But yes...I have a pool table as well.

#54 4 years ago

So it's at jacks place? Thought it said jersey shore?

#55 4 years ago

You're not REALLY going. Right, Kaneda? Although there is free pizza...

#56 4 years ago

According to the flyer, it's called jersey shore pinball and game room show. They should have put the address on it.
Either way, shouldn't be gone by now.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wish she could have photoshopped me in there.
LTG : )

You handsome photobomb, you.

jjplloyd.jpg

#58 4 years ago

Can someone confirm where it's at? Is it at jacks or at the shore? Seriously the flyer has no info on it. Marketing people, it's not hard about to pick up vette.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Can you come pick me up Kaneda?
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
Address: 1645 Oak Street, Lakewood NJ, 08701
Phone: 732-364-9900
Email: jack@jerseyjackpinball.com

Asked and answered, your honor. (Psst! If you're still not getting it...it's at the factory!)

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Can someone confirm where it's at? Is it at jacks or at the shore? Seriously the flyer has no info on it. Marketing people, it's not hard about to pick up vette.

How many times must people have to post the address for you, in multiple threads.

#61 4 years ago

What I find funny is that he thinks it could be at the "Jersey Shore." That's gotta be a bad joke. There's 100 miles of Jersey Shore...start looking!

#62 4 years ago

Getting ready to leave soon. Looking forward to talking to old friends and meeting new one's...and of course, play me some

#63 4 years ago

It's been an hour already ... Some of us want pictures and details!

(Please)

#64 4 years ago

pics pics pics

#65 4 years ago

Come on JJP, live tweet or something!

Someone get some video/pics, ppuhhhlleeeasseeee.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Come on JJP, live tweet or something!
Someone get some video/pics, ppuhhhlleeeasseeee.

People are probably still driving up and down the Jersey Shore looking for it. If anybody were ti find find the top secret factory location, can you start streaming asap. Is Kaneda there yet?

#68 4 years ago

Still tumbleweeds???

#69 4 years ago

From Facebook

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

#70 4 years ago

Part of the tour given today by Jack at the JJP open house.

Tour_-_Jack_.jpg

#71 4 years ago

Dang that building is huge!

#72 4 years ago

What playfields are on the line? Never mind - there woz

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from PinFun:

Part of the tour given today by Jack at the JJP open house.

Tour_-_Jack_.jpg

Holy cow that's a ton of cabinets!!

Thanks JJP for posting pics on Facebook!!

#74 4 years ago

Any Hobbit news, or just "plenty of parts, and more coming in everyday"?

#75 4 years ago

1440866411754-1408068045.jpg

14408664669941502127323.jpg

1440866486166380238681.jpg

14408665060931579520971.jpg

14408665327811394760126.jpg

#76 4 years ago

JJP Open House tour by Jack continues...

20150829_113759_HDR.jpg

#77 4 years ago

I heard there were going to be at least six hobbits to play and many more on the line.
Maybe it was three to play.

#78 4 years ago

How's the turnout for the swap meet? Anyone pick up anything?

#79 4 years ago

Any Hobbit news?

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You handsome photobomb, you.

Thank you !

#81 4 years ago

Looking like a lot of WoZ's to be built yet with all those cabinets sitting there all nice and stacked up. Where are the Hobbit parts?

#82 4 years ago

i love the strategic placement of the woz cabinets and the wall in which it creates

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

i love the strategic placement of the woz cabinets and the wall in which it creates

Didn't you help stack them?

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hmmmmmm................. there is shelving to the left of them, and the freight door to the right of them. That means............... To be continued.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hiding all the production workers no doubt

#86 4 years ago

Just got home. For the short time I was there (30-45 minutes), it was a great time for all. Grabbed my slice of pizza, said hi to Jack and some good friends, and skedaddled before my wife could whine too much.

LOTS of WOZ stuff...only saw one Hobbit to play (but really wasn't paying much attention). A whole row of ruby reds. They're obviously building pantloads of WOZ as you can see from my pics. Great pizza, the lovely (as always) Jen, and two long banks of pins to play with a tournament to participate in as well.

Great fun! Unfortunately, I never stay anywhere for very long...I begin grating on people after, oh, about five minutes or so.

Great to chat with you, ForceFlow!

#87 4 years ago

Is there no news from the Shire, misty mountain or anywhere in middle earth?

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Is there no news from the Shire, misty mountain or anywhere in middle earth?

Short answer: No.

Long Answer:

Quoted from Pinchroma:

#89 4 years ago

Move those Cabinets!!

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#90 4 years ago

oops, post in error

#91 4 years ago

WOW. So the news is "we r building more WOZ". No Hobbit news really sucks. Damn. Glad I didn't waste a 5 hour drive.

#92 4 years ago

Anyone with a WOZ pin looking for cheap fuses. Found this supplier on Ebay, my fuses arrived & seem like the same quality as those used. Don't know where Jack is buying his, but for us owners needing them. Very cheap 100 for $4.75 US with free shipping.

ebay.com link

In my area a fuse is $2 - $4 each. So I did a poor man's special to get by, masking tape a older larger fuse above. It does work, same 2 amp slow blow, taped above 20 mm fuse & inserted. Piggy back it on top, & was good for weeks.

004.jpg

005.jpg

#93 4 years ago

Shows over at 4:00pm
Soooo??
Anything new?

#94 4 years ago

20150829_112958-1.jpg

#95 4 years ago

I attended today with my wife and two sons, and a couple of other friends. Thanks to Jack for opening his place up, nice for him to do this. There was one hobbit to play, but line was too long for me. My kids loved the strikes and spares, so tempted to buy it, but couldn't do it. Also liked the Tommy next to it. There were maybe 15 machines, no vendors and not much of a flea market, but it was very nice to be in a pinball factory.

Pretty cool to see the production line, but at the moment seems like they can only run one game at a time. Not much sign of any Hobbit production, kind was expecting a row of them out to play. However, as noted earlier, only half the factory was visible, so it's entirely possible sonething was happening behind the WOZ cabinets...never thought about trying to peer beyond them. Jack held a Q&A, but I couldn't stay too long as my kids were getting a bit restless. Main thing I heard was that their goal is two great games per year, obviously down the road a bit. I'm not in on the hobbit (and I don't own a WOZ), but if I were, I'm wouldn't be too concerned, these will get done and it will be a great game.

Thanks Jack and the rest of JJP.

#96 4 years ago

20150829_124432.jpg

Thank you Jack and everyone over at JJP. I had a blast! To the people who invested in a Hobbit, you will not be disappointed, the game will be awesome when all is said and done. It might be time for me to put some $$$ towards a JJP game.

#97 4 years ago

Jersey Jack Pinball Open House today... Had a great time. Huge crowd playing games, buying parts, socializing, meeting JJP team members, playing the Hobbit, competing in the IFPA tournament, listening to seminars, touring the factory, eating pizza, etc...

PinballSTAR picked up a big supply of NIB Wizard of Oz's. Standards and 75ths are IN STOCK. Great pricing available...

Contact Joe at Sales@PinballSTAR.com or 570-357-0042.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

image_7.jpg

#98 4 years ago

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

image_7.jpg

#99 4 years ago

Hey guys...Spent about an hour at JJP today. First, big thanks to Jack and Jen for hosting this and opening their doors. Here's my review of the day and a bunch of photos.

GETTING TO JJP
The weather was perfect today so I grabbed the vette and headed to JJP. My ride there was rough as I was SOOOO hung over from last night. Had to make a pit stop to hurl half way there But after chugging two huge bottles of water, I began to feel better. It's an easy drive from NYC. Took about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there. I arrived around 12:15.

JJP FACTORY
Place is really cool. It's a lot bigger than I expected. The assembly line was busy building WOZ'. No Hobbits on the line guys. Sorry. I was really impressed by how clean and organized everything was. You can tell Jack has tons of pride and his shop is a reflection of that. When you see a real pinball assembly line it makes you wonder why anyone would attempt building one of these things at home. So many parts and complexities go into each game. After seeing it all up close and personal, you really do see why JJP games cost what they do. They are just a level above anything else on the market.

There were about 20-25 pins on free play. Only one Hobbit was available to play and there was a constant line to play it all day long. I got 1 game in and will give you my impressions below. Ruby Red WOZ is gorgeous! I really can't tell if I like the Red WOZ more than the Green.

At 12:30 the pizza arrived. And boy did I need some food. It was delicious. See below for my pizza review (just kidding).

The good news is when the pizza arrived, the Hobbit line decreased. So I hopped on the line and waited my turn.

HOBBIT
The game was on 2-ball with no ball save. What happens after I wait 20 minutes to play? The first ball goes SDTM! But my second ball lasted a big longer. It was strange though...I hit a ramp on my second ball and it sent the ball down the left ramp and dropped into the left side drain, ending my game. I literally played for a 2 minutes. Way too little to truly give a game impression, but here are my observations.

The game looks really nice. After all the discussion around SMAUG, I think they did a great job implementing him into the game. They had a SMAUG cabinet and guys let me tell you, that's the way to go. The decals were AMAZING. Blows my LOTR cabinet art away (which isn't hard, I know). But there's this high gloss finish to the art that will make you drool. The playfield is REALLY wide open. I think some people will like that, other's may not. Next to WOZ, it seems a bit empty. It's just a different approach. A lot of the Hobbit action is happening under the playfield, where as WOZ has so many toys, bells and whistles to look at.

The plunger was really weak. Not sure if that's how the final will be. A full plunge result in a very soft exit towards the DWARF drop downs. The flippers were strong enough to reach the back ramps, but I would have liked them to have a bit more juice. I think that's adjustable. I think modder's are gonna have a field day with this game. I'd love to see more figures from the movie added to the playfield, the same way LOTR has them. Not sure there's the space for a lot, but would be cool. The only thing I didn't like were the axes on the lower bumpers. Maybe they'll grow on me, but they look like a bit of an after thought. Again, modders could fix this.

The display / monitor is INCREDIBLE. The source material LOOKS fantastic. WOZ doesn't have HD source material, but HOBBIT does and it makes a huge difference.

I really hope HOBBIT's hit the assembly line soon. You guys have been SO PATIENT and JJP would benefit so much from having 2-3 games under their belt.

Overall, great day. Great people. Lots of fun. Thank you Jack and Jen!

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

#100 4 years ago

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside