Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Couldn't get to the past August 9th Open House? Watch, learn and laugh as we meet LOTS of people and see the fabulous new Wizard Of Oz pinball machine and production line! Also, the outside Flea Market Swap Meet is featured. And of course, meet Jack himself and his family and staff, as Todd Tuckey walks you all around in this 40 minute film! Hope you like it!

#2 5 years ago

Thanks Todd - I couldn't get a short-notice kitchen pass for the open house so it was nice to see your factory tour.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#3 5 years ago

Tod is so funny! Him and the bird I'm dying.

#4 5 years ago

Todd!....you are a sick pup!

#5 5 years ago

They've done a lot of work setting up that factory.

#6 5 years ago

Good video Todd.

#7 5 years ago

Nice video thanks!

#8 5 years ago

Great job Todd and continue to be a great showman!

#9 5 years ago

Todd is a smart cookie. I enjoyed the video quite a bit.

#10 5 years ago

Great job.

#11 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Good job!

#12 5 years ago

Great video! I just wish you weren't so bashful.

#13 5 years ago

Thanks everyone, for your kind comments! Now watch the SIlverball Museum Tour I did the same day (August 9th)...just finished getting it edited! Todd

#14 5 years ago

Two great tours! Thanks for the time you put in on making these. Both are too far away for me to see them, but through your video tours I could enjoy it!

Thanks so much!
Mike in Kentucky

#15 5 years ago

Awesome video love the signage that says do not touch and Todd just goes ahead and touches everything lol

#16 5 years ago

Who's the guy selling the polished shooter rod at the start of the vid, i want one for my BK, PM me

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Awesome video love the signage that says do not touch and Todd just goes ahead and touches everything lol

He wasn't the only one.

I saw a bunch of people touching parts, playfields, cabinets, and rummaging in parts trays. I was taught at a very young age to look with my eyes, not my hands--especially if there are "do not touch" signs. So, IMHO, it's a little rude to not follow the rules of the house if someone is gracious enough to invite you over.

However, when informal tours were being given, staff allowed visitors to touch things in their presence, so maybe that led to folks disregarding the signs, I dunno.

Hopefully there weren't any problems with this. I'd hate to see JJP not open their doors again because of an unfortunate incident. In any case, it was a fascinating experience, it was great talking to various JJP staff, and of course a real treat to speak with Jack himself. I wouldn't mind going again to see the Hobbit in production.

#18 5 years ago

That poor Silverball manager will have to clean every glass pinball top after the visit lol

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

That poor Silverball manager will have to clean every glass pinball top after the visit lol

I haven't watched the Silverball Museum vid yet. Did Todd stick his hands on everything? I always cringe when he plops his fingers in the freshly waxed playfields in his videos. But, hey, he says he owns the place and can do what he wants.

#20 5 years ago

Thank you Todd!
really enjoyed the video's

#21 5 years ago

nice Todd, thanks for sharing.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I haven't watched the Silverball Museum vid yet. Did Todd stick his hands on everything? I always cringe when he plops his fingers in the freshly waxed playfields in his videos. But, hey, he says he owns the place and can do what he wants.

Yep he touched every glass on every machine he played or looked at haha, was a pretty good video.

#23 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing. And making a vid.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Yep he touched every glass on every machine he played or looked at haha, was a pretty good video.

hope he didnt eat a pretzel donut beforehand.

#25 5 years ago

Great video, Todd. Your enthusiasm about the hobby is infectious, thanks for sharing it with us!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

hope he didnt eat a pretzel donut beforehand.

nah he was tempted though, but went filming first and eating second.

#27 5 years ago

Yes...we ate AFTER our tour! Glad you liked it! A tour of the famous Knoebels Amusement Park is coming in a week--including their arcade! And of course, the York PA Show and the Pinball Expo---TNT videos for all! Plus, this week, an Edbassmaster video will be coming! Todd

#28 5 years ago

Todd thank you for all the videos you do. It makes some one like me who likes to tinker with my own machines a bit more comfortable in how they work. They also help me make a wish list of machines I want to play and or own. Hope to meet you at some point. I hope to open a small Retro Arcade with mostly pins in Maine!

#29 5 years ago

Thanks for all your videos Todd. I really enjoy watching them. Hope to meet you some day.

Ron

#30 5 years ago

Those videos are great Todd, thanks! A work of art and labor of love in themselves. My 9 year old son was at the open house with me by the Hobbit playfield when you came over. He loves watching your videos, and now is imitating you quite well, luckily he doesn't have an hour glass!

#31 5 years ago

Uh Oh!!! Imitating me is the highest form of flattery, but possibly not for Mom and Dad's viewpoint!!

#32 5 years ago

Decided to waste some time and just watched the JJP tour video. Very glad I did ...Wow Todd, just Wow! Great job and Frank is very good behind the lens The footage really captures the game and allows its quality and the quality built into the manufacturing process to shine through. You are not a JJP plant are you?...Am I to believe some guy randomly shows up with a videographer and does a detailed walkthrough of the very factory I badly wanted to see inside, and EVERYTHING is totally organized and bad aZZ. Thanks for sharing ...now start that egg timer once more for whatever sake.

#33 5 years ago

Bravo! Next year I hope to play in the Hobbit tourney!

#34 5 years ago

I will be there with Frank ready to film!! Don;t forget the big Pinball Expo in Chicago in October! Doing a seminar on Pinball-Past, Present and Future...and also a special presentation to Nolan Bushnell founder of Atari during the Banquet! Todd

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I will be there with Frank ready to film!! Don;t forget the big Pinball Expo in Chicago in October! Doing a seminar on Pinball-Past, Present and Future...and also a special presentation to Nolan Bushnell founder of Atari during the Banquet! Todd

You should be there to film the epic double cartwheel Jack is going to do when the last ECLE goes out of the factory.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You should be there to film the epic double cartwheel Jack is going to do when the last ECLE goes out of the factory.

+1

#37 5 years ago

TODD: what do you think of the Wizard of Oz pinball machine? be honest, don't kiss Jack's arse and put down the pizza

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That, my friend, will be EPIC!

I very much look forward to seeing the last ECLE WoZ come off the line.

That will be a huge job well done for all who pre-ordered.

You came through, bottom line.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Did you get yours yet? I've been rooting for you! (It would kinda be cool (yet painful) if yours was the last, no?)

#40 5 years ago

I finally posted the collection of photos I took of the factory. I organized them as best I could to match up with the actual assembly process.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-open-house-tour

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 38.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside