Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 345 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
    image.jpg
    i-want-it-now.jpg
    17606886.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 9.07.59 PM.png
    image.jpg
    th-3-436.jpeg
    th-2.jpeg
    larp.jpg
    19864824-cartoon-boy-yelling-and-shouting-into-a-megaphone-speaking.jpg
    76281.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 9 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

I agree, Aurich.

Have to disagree on this one (at least in part) even if I see your point.

To sell an unlicensed game you need a loyal customer base. This is doable for JJP - even for Stern with Whoa Nelly! -. Jpop could count on his reputation to sell games. Others can't.

On the other hand, if you compare AMH to Predator, it was fairly easy for Skit-B to reach 250 preorders, much harder for Spooky to sell 150 games. To be honest, that is not the only reason as prices were different and timing played a role. Not asking which company will be the first to ship all its games... we all know the answer.

A good licence theme is one:
    - with good artwork potential (Heighway would have a hard time missing "Aliens"!)
    - with a fair overlap with the pinhead community.

Unsure if many non pinheads are ready to spend $5-9k on a toy even if that's their dream theme.

2 months later
    #233 8 years ago
    Quoted from Phantom1911:

I've been married for 14 years, these 4 words have saved me from sleeping on the couch countless times.

24 years for me. I now have a comfortable couch

#323 8 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

I feel just the opposite. The Hobbit effectively froze me out of the hobby for 2+ years. I had all this money down on a pin I didn't have in my possession, and I ended up passing on two awesome Stern titles (Star Trek and Metallica). I couldn't bring myself to buy them while I waited for what I thought would be coming much sooner (my problem I know, but that's how it went down). Now I wish I had bought them and had fun with them during those years.

Agreed, but it's better not to have Star Trek because of a future pin (TH) than because of a non-existing pin (Predator). I am in the later category. Tell me about regrets for not having Star Trek at home...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pat-lawlor-untitled-game?tu=jlm33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.