Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 345 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
    image.jpg
    i-want-it-now.jpg
    17606886.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 9.07.59 PM.png
    image.jpg
    th-3-436.jpeg
    th-2.jpeg
    larp.jpg
    19864824-cartoon-boy-yelling-and-shouting-into-a-megaphone-speaking.jpg
    76281.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

I'm burnt out on preorders. And since basic WHITEWOOD pics and stuff like that won't be shown for months, could be who knows how long before anything ready for sale. I'll check it then.
    JJP's LE model can go the way of the dodo. No way I'll buy in ever after the whole WOZECLE situation.
    That also goes for Sterns retimed 3 tier model and boutique implosions.

I've heard from someone that has an inside ear that JJP#3 will be released late summer. Anyone else heard this?

3 months later
    #242 8 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

Lowepg that is a pretty big assumption. You know that Jack didn't say to the crew " we can put out an ok game and tune it up later" His reputation is riding on what he first shows.
    I know he has a ton of expenses and probably did not net much on WOZ and is probably running red ink right now. Had he tooled up and was making and shipping Hobbits like he showed at EXPO that could very well could have been the end of JJP. I for one would be out along with many many others. I still may be out but the changes have kept me paid in full waiting to see the final version.
    The fact the he pre showed Hobbit probably saved his company. If I was Jack I would do the same on #3 one turd this early in JJP history could be the cu de gra.

I talked to Jack for a bit at the show last week... he told me that his goal is get to what stern does: announce and release. He doesn't want to continually go through this show and tweak business.

Look...building pinball games is really hard. Building innovative and beautiful pinball games is even harder. Give the man credit...he's not only building beautiful games...but he's actually selling them. I played the hobbit...looks great in person. He said that Pat's game will be revealed this year.

There's no way Pat Lawlor is going to stand around and have the pinball community tell him what to change on his pin. Almost guaranteed that they will reveal a final physical product.

#280 8 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

There have been many comments about the lack of flow on WOZ, the absence of shots which 'feel good' and the lack of meaningful shots for the upper flipper on both games.

Come now. You do realize that Pinside represents a very small slice of players/collectors and that, of those, the folks writing this kind of dribble have probably played WOZ a few times at a location or show under conditions that are probably less than desirable.

Park yourself in front of WOZ in a home environment, dial it in...dim the lights, crank the sound, start learning the rules... and you'll come to find that WOZ is a great machine that does have incredibly satisfying shots.

Not everyone has to like WOZ. Different strokes for different folks. But you can start painting with broad strokes, painting a picture that says WOZ is a design disaster. That's ridiculous.

#303 8 years ago

I guess there's two options:

1) No new games
    2) Games that cost as much as a used car.

Neither option is good, but I think we'd all choose #2

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pat-lawlor-untitled-game?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.