Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 345 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
    image.jpg
    i-want-it-now.jpg
    17606886.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 9.07.59 PM.png
    image.jpg
    th-3-436.jpeg
    th-2.jpeg
    larp.jpg
    19864824-cartoon-boy-yelling-and-shouting-into-a-megaphone-speaking.jpg
    76281.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

we are in an era where real arcades are gone.

Locations with pinballs near downtown SeattleScreen Shot 2015-02-08 at 9.07.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-02-08 at 9.07.59 PM.png

Lots more as you zoom out.

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I think you have DRASTICALLY overestimated the the cost per machine attributed to licensing, and the potential reduction in machine cost that would result in a non-licensed machine...
    Hell, I could see a scenario where a nonlicensed theme could cost MORE than a licensed one- especially with a platform like JJP that has such a rich video and audio platform. Instead of having video clips and audio clips to use from a license, ones would have to be created, etc...
    Regardless, your dreams of a $4k pin are, unfortunately, ludicrous.

You bring a good point, but let's not give jjp the idea that they should charge more for an unlicensed piece

#203 9 years ago

I expect it'll be around 8k - that seems to be the norm for a nicer pin nowadays. And thanks for the extra ball instead of free game idea - I didn't know you could do that...I guess I'll miss the "Free Game" light show but maybe it'll still be there.

#204 9 years ago
    Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Locations with pinballs near downtown Seattle

Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 9.07.5... 736 KB

No one challenges the Pacific Northwest for location pinball. Seattle and Portland almost are not even fair to consider since location pinball is doing so well in both cities. I will be spending Valintines Day at Ground Kontrol in Portland this year...nothing like that place exists in New Orleans or Houston.

#205 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep. I have my machines set to do that. But that gives you "extra ball" magic. Not "free game" magic. Then again, free games meant more when we were kids and couldn't even afford a pack of gum.

i'm probably in the minority here, but hearing that knocker still gives me a thrill, even though i'm the one emptying out the cash box...

#206 9 years ago
    Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Locations with pinballs near downtown Seattle

Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 9.07.5... 736 KB

Nice

#207 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i'm probably in the minority here, but hearing that knocker still gives me a thrill, even though i'm the one emptying out the cash box...

Just hearing the word "knocker" gives me a thrill.

#208 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You mean "knockers" plural I presume. A single knocker would be disturbing.

#209 9 years ago

^ I see what you did there ^

#210 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hay there Beelzeboob

17606886.jpg17606886.jpg
    #211 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

No one challenges the Pacific Northwest for location pinball. Seattle and Portland almost are not even fair to consider since location pinball is doing so well in both cities. I will be spending Valintines Day at Ground Kontrol in Portland this year...nothing like that place exists in New Orleans or Houston.

Spending all Valentine day there? You said just a quick visit before dinner. Not that I am complaining but you made a commitment to 50 shades of grey already. I think you have busted yourself on your true intentions Mr. Tigerlaw.

You should not have educated me so well on using this site. Ha!

#212 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Quoted from PavBall:

Spending all Valentine day there? You said just a quick visit before dinner. Not that I am complaining but you made a commitment to 50 shades of grey already. I think you have busted yourself on your true intentions Mr. Tigerlaw.
    You should not have educated me so well on using this site. Ha!

busted!!!

#213 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Hay there Beelzeboob

17606886.jpg 11 KB

I think that's the lead singer from my old high school band...before he changed things up.

#214 9 years ago

That's actually the second time she has called me out on Pinside. I need to teach her the no personal attacks rule.

#215 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

A single knocker would be disturbing.

Unless it's real big. Like a cyclops.

LTG : )™

#216 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Unless it's real big. Like a cyclops.
    LTG : )™

better yet, lets make it a Total Recall 3

#217 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's actually the second time she has called me out on Pinside. I need to teach her the no personal attacks rule.

No personal attacks rule Mr. Tigerlaw. I enjoy pinside and I happened to read the thread. Simply busted.

#218 9 years ago

What is all this talk about Pats game, and busted Cyclops knockers getting people worked up...

#219 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

If that's actually your SO, then you need to learn the one magical phrase that makes your relationship go smoothly for years on end....

'Yes Dear'

#220 9 years ago
    Quoted from mhkohne:

If that's actually your SO, then you need to learn the one magical phrase that makes your relationship go smoothly for years on end....
    'Yes Dear'

Don't forget," I'm sorry". If you can add,"it is entirely my own fault" without blinking, you are a better actor than most.

#221 9 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Don't forget," I'm sorry". If you can add,"it is entirely my own fault" without blinking, you are a better actor than most.

Well it is his entire fault, as he was the one who introduced me to Pinside and encourages me to post here. So...there you go.

1 week later
    #222 9 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Comedian John Wing says that you only need 4 words for success in marriage: "Oh," "yeah," "right," "sorry."

I've been married for 14 years, these 4 words have saved me from sleeping on the couch countless times.

4 weeks later
    #223 9 years ago

So I guess no new news on this front... killing me here!

#224 9 years ago
    Quoted from MArmour:

So I guess no new news on this front... killing me here!

Well, rumor has it that Pat's doing the game. So that's something. I guess.

#225 9 years ago

No news is good news...Pat weaving his magic in peace, then Expo and BLAM!

3 weeks later
    #226 9 years ago

updates? more rumors?

3 weeks later
    #227 8 years ago

Now that Stern has shown their hand with the KISS announcement I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything new regarding JJP #3, or a timeline on their announcement.

#228 8 years ago
    Quoted from SpecialWhenLit:

Now that Stern has shown their hand with the KISS announcement I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything new regarding JJP #3, or a timeline on their announcement.

Doubt it. All focus is on Hobbit. If you were JJP would you be talking about the next game when you are just about to release the current game? I would bet we won't hear anything about JJP #3 until expo in October.

#229 8 years ago
    i-want-it-now.jpgi-want-it-now.jpg
    #230 8 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Doubt it. All focus is on Hobbit. If you were JJP would you be talking about the next game when you are just about to release the current game? I would bet we won't hear anything about JJP #3 until expo in October.

I agree. I think (hope?) Jack will keep quiet on Pat's game until it is getting ready to hit the line. Maybe have some focus groups of special level headed people (Alrich comes to mind), to get good feedback on the art and features. Maybe invite a few players that are distinguished to give feedback.

And we all know the people I'm talking about. They are not the trolls, they are not the defenders. They are the ones above it all. The ones that give constructive feedback. That way when Pat's game (Hi Pat!) gets down to the mooks like me it is everything I want in a new game. I'm excited for the game, not the drama.

#231 8 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Maybe not even then. By Expo JJP will probably only have a few months of Hobbit production under their belt. Assuming that they take a slow approach to building games on the front end of production, there probably won't be many Hobbits in the wild by October. If they prematurely announce the Lawlor title and it looks to be a hit, it would only stand to reason that JJP would be concerned about existing un-shipped Hobbit orders bailing for the #3 title.

#232 8 years ago

Fair enough... just feels good to stir this up every now and then to see if anything has leaked out. So pumped to see what Pat can do with a decent budget and so much time.

#233 8 years ago
    Quoted from Phantom1911:

I've been married for 14 years, these 4 words have saved me from sleeping on the couch countless times.

24 years for me. I now have a comfortable couch

#234 8 years ago

I just go to bed and let her sleep on the couch.

#235 8 years ago

New Title: Somewhere in Time... You guess the theme..

I bet we will not hear anything until early 2016. Many have said it and I agree -- they will not want to impact Hobbit sales. It seems production on all machines has been slower than most anticipated.

After playing both, The Hobbit is on the same scale or better then WOZ. The Lawler machine will not be a step down -- that is pretty much guaranteed.

My deposit is ready to go..

#236 8 years ago

We will hear initial details late summer/early fall, more at Expo and be able to buy one early next year.

That's what I'm banking on, based on what I know.

#237 8 years ago

Predator licensed version...

#238 8 years ago

I LOVE zero info on #3.

I'm really hoping Jack can deliver on announcing it once it's ready to go.

Percent example is TH. I wish I'd never read a THING about it before last week...

#239 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I LOVE zero info on #3.
    Percent example is TH. I wish I'd never read a THING about it before last week...

Of course, if you hadn't read it about it before (meaning it was kept "under wraps"), it may not look like it does!

#240 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dalbok:

Of course, if you hadn't read it about it before (meaning it was kept "under wraps"), it may not look like it does!

fair point... but its hard to compare the process precisely.

Example- had Jack known he had to show (and SELL) a finished product, I think its likely he would have put more thought into much of that game before leaking photos, video, etc.

#241 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

fair point... but its hard to compare the process precisely.
    Example- had Jack known he had to show (and SELL) a finished product, I think its likely he would have put more thought into much of that game before leaking photos, video, etc.

Lowepg that is a pretty big assumption. You know that Jack didn't say to the crew " we can put out an ok game and tune it up later" His reputation is riding on what he first shows.

I know he has a ton of expenses and probably did not net much on WOZ and is probably running red ink right now. Had he tooled up and was making and shipping Hobbits like he showed at EXPO that could very well could have been the end of JJP. I for one would be out along with many many others. I still may be out but the changes have kept me paid in full waiting to see the final version.

The fact the he pre showed Hobbit probably saved his company. If I was Jack I would do the same on #3 one turd this early in JJP history could be the cu de gra.

#242 8 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

Lowepg that is a pretty big assumption. You know that Jack didn't say to the crew " we can put out an ok game and tune it up later" His reputation is riding on what he first shows.
    I know he has a ton of expenses and probably did not net much on WOZ and is probably running red ink right now. Had he tooled up and was making and shipping Hobbits like he showed at EXPO that could very well could have been the end of JJP. I for one would be out along with many many others. I still may be out but the changes have kept me paid in full waiting to see the final version.
    The fact the he pre showed Hobbit probably saved his company. If I was Jack I would do the same on #3 one turd this early in JJP history could be the cu de gra.

I talked to Jack for a bit at the show last week... he told me that his goal is get to what stern does: announce and release. He doesn't want to continually go through this show and tweak business.

Look...building pinball games is really hard. Building innovative and beautiful pinball games is even harder. Give the man credit...he's not only building beautiful games...but he's actually selling them. I played the hobbit...looks great in person. He said that Pat's game will be revealed this year.

There's no way Pat Lawlor is going to stand around and have the pinball community tell him what to change on his pin. Almost guaranteed that they will reveal a final physical product.

#243 8 years ago

When's this title due out? 2024?

#244 8 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I talked to Jack for a bit at the show last week... he told me that his goal is get to what stern does: announce and release. He doesn't want to continually go through this show and tweak business.
    Look...building pinball games is really hard. Building innovative and beautiful pinball games is even harder. Give the man credit...he's not only building beautiful games...but he's actually selling them. I played the hobbit...looks great in person. He said that Pat's game will be revealed this year.
    There's no way Pat Lawlor is going to stand around and have the pinball community tell him what to change on his pin. Almost guaranteed that they will reveal a final physical product.

Good to hear that Pat's game will be announced this year. I own WOZ and it is fantastic. Point remains the same EXPO Hobbit was weak and the sales would have reflected that.

Pat older games are not universally accepted as the holy grail. He was restrained possibly by tighter budgets at the time. I'm optimistic about his game but still very jaded by the Hobbit EXPO rollout.

#245 8 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

Good to hear that Pat's game will be announced this year. I own WOZ and it is fantastic. Point remains the same EXPO Hobbit was weak and the sales would have been reflected that.
    Pat older games are not universally accepted as the holy grail. He was restrained possibly by tighter budgets at the time. I'm optimistic about his game but still very jaded by the Hobbit EXPO rollout.

Have u played The Hobbit?

#246 8 years ago

Good things will come to those with patience.
    Pincades
    Chicago land JJP Dist.
    JT

#247 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Have u played The Hobbit?

No I have not played it yet, hoping that it makes it to the west coast soon. I am excited by the video I have seen. I have been a customer of Jacks and Pinball Sales for years and years that is the only reason I paid in full on almost day one for WOZ.

I want JJP to be with us forever they are pushing the envelope in creative and innovative pinball games and are dragging the competition with them. In my opinion there is very little financial room for JJP to roll out a bad game this early in life of the company.

Measure twice cut once - Jack don't "F" this up, us game buyers really need you in the game!

#248 8 years ago

Just played it briefly and it had some interesting stuff, but I'd need a heck of a lot more time before I can really say.

#249 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I LOVE zero info on #3.

I really like seeing a little tease and early info. I dunno, that's the age we live in I guess. In the case of Hobbit, it actually helped the game, as they were able to incorporate feedback into the final product. That being said, it's Pat Lawlor...he really is a pinball genius - I'm pretty confident he knows how to knock it out of the park without needing the nitpick police to guide him in the right direction. The thing that's the most exciting for me is - Pat ALWAYS comes up with something new and innovative that he hasn't done in a previous machine. What will that new and exciting toy/feature be!? There have been a lot of great new games over the years - but nothing with a really innovative feature IMO. Looking forward to see what Pat comes up with.

#250 8 years ago
    Quoted from jazzmaster:

JJP would be concerned about existing un-shipped Hobbit orders bailing for the #3 title.

Lots of people say this, but I'm not sure it's true. We know the second game is TH, but people are still buying WOZ. If they revealed #3 tomorrow I don't think we would bail on TH. We would just have to make room for one more.

There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pat-lawlor-untitled-game/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.