(Topic ID: 2344)

Jersey Jack now accepting pre-orders for The Wizard of Oz!

By gweempose

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by coasterguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

I just put down a $250 deposit on one. Yes, it might be a little impulsive to pre-order something this expensive without even seeing a single photo, but I really feel compelled to support this new company. I have long hoped that someone would step forward and offer some real competition to Stern. Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a great new line of pins, and I will be proud to say that I was one of the first to hop on board.

According to an email that Jack sent me today, the game will cost around $7,200. The people who pre-order it will save $700, bringing the cost down to $6,500. For those who are on the fence, it is my understanding that the deposit is fully refundable if you change your mind. I think Jack is simply trying to gauge how much demand there will be for this first machine. The email also stated that a wealth of information about the game will be made public within the next 45 days. I'm assuming at that point, the people who still want one will have to plunk down a bunch of extra cash.

This is a very exciting time for all of us. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this new endeavor is a success.

http://pinballsales.com/asp/default.asp

#23 13 years ago

Originally posted by coasterguy:

"It seems some of you got emails with a little more info. Mine was simply a thanks and more to come type email ..."

The first email Jack sent me was in direct response to one of my posts on RGP. After I put down the deposit, I received another email which was probably the same one you got. I think it's nice that he's taking the time to send each person a personalized thank you. I know it's not a lot, but it made me feel appreciated as a customer.

#29 13 years ago

"I hope my wife doesn't leave me, take me to the cleaners for doing this without her permission, and I don't end up sleeping on a park bench ..."

Just make sure there is an electrical outlet close to the bench, and you'll be all set. I'd also recommend investing in a high quality tarp to protect your pins from the weather.

#32 13 years ago

Originally posted by coasterguy:

"I hope he uses LEDS from the start ..."

I agree. At this point, it would almost seem counterintuitive to come out with a brand new, supposedly state-of-the-art line of pins and NOT use LEDs. I've been saying for a long time that I'm shocked that Stern still uses incandescent bulbs. Yes, converting an older pin to LEDs can often lead to mixed results, but I don't think this would be an issue at all if the machine was designed with LEDs in mind from its very inception.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-now-accepting-pre-orders-for-woz?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.