AB564CD5-3B0F-4545-9444-D057058126D7 (resized).jpeg
BB7A0808-75FA-49D5-AA94-37995E11B8AA (resized).jpeg
3DEB1ED2-0078-4988-866B-D6A99A425A6E (resized).jpeg
6507CB4C-504F-4ABE-A17F-E8547B84D40E (resized).jpeg
9E52AF32-2F30-4A64-9602-C789CD5EF6DA (resized).jpeg
CF5E9A25-5CF4-45DD-A662-A76BE72D2CDA (resized).jpeg
AA245B03-14E1-40CC-A705-D04B4297B93E (resized).jpeg
A1FDD9D5-F4F3-4B58-9379-A1AD0B4B9FB0 (resized).jpeg
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

I’m saying it now, it is the greatest game of silver balls under glass.
The fact that they even made a Data East version is incredible, given how conflicted the original lineup was (including being messed up)
Then to do it again, 25 years later, makes the Data East version just about obsolete.
In fact, it’s making me question wanting to play other games that aren’t like it- THAT is how good this game is.
The Data East version for example is like going from a little tikes car, to a Corvette with JJP’s.

The way this thing plays, is in a league of its own. It’s literally on the moon. It’s super addicting.
The thing makes the hair stand up on my arm, and the attention to detail will humble the hardest die hard fans. When that song kicks in, and starts cranking the volume higher on its own... holy shit...

There is NOTHING like this game that I have played.

(From the box, set your flipper coils to 30, and a few on the upper flipper too, for better looping, and the game will RIP, It was too low at stock setting 25,
I also had to adjust the flipper alignment from the box, they were slightly up, and needed to be more flush with the inlane)
A1FDD9D5-F4F3-4B58-9379-A1AD0B4B9FB0 (resized).jpegA1FDD9D5-F4F3-4B58-9379-A1AD0B4B9FB0 (resized).jpeg

AA245B03-14E1-40CC-A705-D04B4297B93E (resized).jpegAA245B03-14E1-40CC-A705-D04B4297B93E (resized).jpegCF5E9A25-5CF4-45DD-A662-A76BE72D2CDA (resized).jpegCF5E9A25-5CF4-45DD-A662-A76BE72D2CDA (resized).jpeg9E52AF32-2F30-4A64-9602-C789CD5EF6DA (resized).jpeg9E52AF32-2F30-4A64-9602-C789CD5EF6DA (resized).jpeg6507CB4C-504F-4ABE-A17F-E8547B84D40E (resized).jpeg6507CB4C-504F-4ABE-A17F-E8547B84D40E (resized).jpeg3DEB1ED2-0078-4988-866B-D6A99A425A6E (resized).jpeg3DEB1ED2-0078-4988-866B-D6A99A425A6E (resized).jpegBB7A0808-75FA-49D5-AA94-37995E11B8AA (resized).jpegBB7A0808-75FA-49D5-AA94-37995E11B8AA (resized).jpegAB564CD5-3B0F-4545-9444-D057058126D7 (resized).jpegAB564CD5-3B0F-4545-9444-D057058126D7 (resized).jpegAA71AF1D-4D98-4367-9F90-392E0BE14116 (resized).jpegAA71AF1D-4D98-4367-9F90-392E0BE14116 (resized).jpegA45CC63E-D4B4-4F25-B2E1-8F52BFC338D0 (resized).jpegA45CC63E-D4B4-4F25-B2E1-8F52BFC338D0 (resized).jpeg4F86038B-51BA-4398-8209-0E6F46EF7ED6 (resized).jpeg4F86038B-51BA-4398-8209-0E6F46EF7ED6 (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

Sounds good. I've heard it's great. I'm interesting in checking it out .

#3 3 years ago

Awesome Man!

#4 3 years ago

How many games did you get to play on it so far?
Are you going to be posting any pics of it?
Edit: i see pics got added to the 1st post. Thanks.

#5 3 years ago

Disagree

#6 3 years ago

Don't worry. It'll wear off

#7 3 years ago

Can't wait for toy story. Jjp makes amazing machines

#8 3 years ago

The SE is a special game. JJP distilled. You get the light show, the music, the experience in a fast flowy shooters package.

#9 3 years ago

I see you have rated 15 total games. Exactly how many games HAVE you played???

#10 3 years ago

As someone who could only afford one new pin-and i chose AIQLE, this is great. I am happy for you. Happy JJP made it. Stern you are on notice. Step your game up. Competition is good.

Congrats on your amazing game.

Edited for spelling

#11 3 years ago
B4108392-6786-4913-8499-8826BFADB463 (resized).jpegB4108392-6786-4913-8499-8826BFADB463 (resized).jpeg
#12 3 years ago

Watching this thread like...

95304082-8A34-4E3F-98D4-442C483604F2 (resized).jpeg95304082-8A34-4E3F-98D4-442C483604F2 (resized).jpeg
#13 3 years ago

It’s a fun game dude!

#14 3 years ago

Haven't had the pleasure yet. Looking forward to it.

#15 3 years ago

Looks like Illinois is opening up so I may finally get to play this. The SE is where my interest is as well because it looks like a better shooter to me. Glad you like yours, cheers!

#16 3 years ago

Shh...this one has been flying under the radar a bit.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

In fact, it’s making me question wanting to play other games that aren’t like it- THAT is how good this game is.
The way this thing plays, is in a league of its own. It’s literally on the moon.
The thing makes the hair stand up on my arm, and the attention to detail will humble the hardest die hard fans. When that song kicks in, and starts ...
cranking the volume higher on its own... holy shit...

This is kind of like the location owner when we put jjPotC out at his pub. He came up to me when I came in the next day after I installed it raving about how it was the greatest pinball machine he had ever played and was almost unintelligible trying to string together superlatives and acting out explosions and sounds. To say he was blown away is a massive understatement. It was the first $1.50/play, 4 ball vend we had out, and it didn't slow the players one bit. It was #1 on the route until it was pulled just as COVID started.

After disc gate and trunk gate and everything else that went down, Eric and the team at JJP were robbed of a ton of awards that the game deserved because so few people got to play it before the awards (the MUSIC, especially, deserved ALL the awards). Given that buzzkill of a reception for a masterpiece delivered, I hoped that Eric could surpass it with his second effort - and he has.

Can't wait for his third pin. Hoping for things like a vari-target, inline drops on a ramp, and time expander-like assembly.

#18 3 years ago

I know playing the songs for mega jackpots combined with the light show is great but do you feel the same way about the other modes or just want to go back to playing songs?

#19 3 years ago

Nope.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I know playing the songs for mega jackpots combined with the light show is great but do you feel the same way about the other modes or just want to go back to playing songs?

All the real points are in the songs. The album modes and Slash solo are single-ball modes that last a long time, making them very risky for a drain. They aren’t worth significant points so “earning” them, and then being forced to play them, is more a penalty than reward.

#21 3 years ago

Glad you’re digging it. Still loving my SE after a hundred or so plays.

The song modes are FAST when you bring in a couple balls and borderline hypnotic at times. I have no idea what the rest of the band is doing on the main LCD because I’m trying my best not to drain or get booed off the stage. It’s very cool that you have to be mindful of how long you trap up.

Thought I’d miss the colored side light thingies but once song modes start you’re not looking anywhere near them anyways. The white works more like a strobe light at times and actually helps to offset some of the more intense color bombing in some modes.

Nice tip on flipper power, will give that a shot.

#22 3 years ago

Going to have to give the SE a whirl, but the LE just did nothing for me. I love GNR and the music, but gameplay just did not mesmerize me like some are saying.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

All the real points are in the songs. The album modes and Slash solo are single-ball modes that last a long time, making them very risky for a drain. They aren’t worth significant points so “earning” them, and then being forced to play them, is more a penalty than reward.

Correct, so to the OP's claim of this being the best pinball ever falls short unless they change the code in most of the modes. I sold my SE because I didn't have faith that this would happen.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

As someone who could only afford one new pin-and i chose AIQLE, this is great. I am happy for you. Happy JJP made it. Stern you are on notice. Step your game up. Competition is good.
Congrats on your amazing game.
Edited for spelling

Theme doesn’t do a lot for me, but that is one great shooting game you chose, and I’d consider a pro just because of how great it plays.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Glad you’re digging it. Still loving my SE after a hundred or so plays.
The song modes are FAST when you bring in a couple balls and borderline hypnotic at times. I have no idea what the rest of the band is doing on the main LCD because I’m trying my best not to drain or get booed off the stage. It’s very cool that you have to be mindful of how long you trap up.
Thought I’d miss the colored side light thingies but once song modes start you’re not looking anywhere near them anyways. The white works more like a strobe light at times and actually helps to offset some of the more intense color bombing in some modes.
Nice tip on flipper power, will give that a shot.

The game felt soft to me in the first few games I played. But then I was like oh yeah, wait a minute and I inched up the flipper coil power until it felt perfect at 30, and I forget what I put the upper flipper to, maybe 25?
The game rips now, and feels perfect. Hitting that left spinner and then looping is killer, and I love smashing the center spinner into the pops, probably my favorite shot in the game along with the loop.

#25 3 years ago

And hey, I got the new TMNT sitting next to it, and that games a blast and a half, but I’ve played 1000 different pins, and owned over 700 different games, and I while I am a die hard GNR fan, this game is something special, it really is.
My favorite game of all time was TRON, and I can honestly say this game surpasses it.
It’s a great time for pinball.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Correct, so to the OP's claim of this being the best pinball ever falls short unless they change the code in most of the modes. I sold my SE because I didn't have faith that this would happen.

Anyone that claims a game to be "best pinball ever" after a week or two of playing a game that doesn't even have complete code is just mesmerized by the lights and excited about their new machine. It's a fun and unique machine with loads of attention to detail, but let's see how the code balances out over time.

#27 3 years ago

It's been five years since my first WOZ and I still feel the same way. I feel like the newness still hasn't worn off. I think ultimately that's the sign of a great game. Hopefully you'll still feel the same way about GNR in a year, come back and update us!

Cant wait to play the game myself. Hoping to play at pinfest myself if that ever happens again.

#28 3 years ago

You should check out my Alladins Castle, it's pretty sweet....

just sayin'......

#29 3 years ago

Played a standard for the first time this week. My only complaint was how crappy the sound was - no low end or high end. It’s a high end music pin, I was expecting the sound quality to match the rest of the game.

#30 3 years ago

I need to play at least a dozen games before I would even rate a game. Big shoes to fill saying best game ever......

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Played a standard for the first time this week. My only complaint was how crappy the sound was - no low end or high end. It’s a high end music pin, I was expecting the sound quality to match the rest of the game.

The sound is the best part of this game, maybe it wasn’t turned up?

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I agree, the first thing I did was to order a pin woofer kit to improve the sound.

#33 3 years ago

He’s enjoying his honeymoon phase that’s all.

Let’s revisit this in 6 months, bet you it isn’t bolted down.

#34 3 years ago

The sound is the best part of this game, maybe it wasn’t turned up?

The sound was up, I just found the quality of the sound was less than expected. I wanted to hear the crash and thump of the drums and whine of the guitars. All I got was mushy midrange.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

but gameplay just did not mesmerize me like some are saying.

I don't think it mesmerized them either. A huge GnR fan could be mesmerized or those who love a lot of pretty lights. The gameplay is far from great in my opinion.

#36 3 years ago

and I while I am a die hard GNR fan, this game is something special,

Exactly. Because ur a DieHard GnR fan. Imagine ur weren't. Do u even start this thread?

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Exactly. Because ur a DieHard GnR fan. Imagine ur weren't. Do u even start this thread?

You can like both Die Hard and jjGnR.

There's probably a lot of overlap, actually.

#38 3 years ago

I don't think it mesmerized them either. A huge GnR fan could be mesmerized or those who love a lot of pretty lights. The gameplay is far from great in my opinion.

I’m surprised you didn’t like it

#39 3 years ago

Well, this thread just makes me want to go right out and buy one. After I figure out if I have more important things to buy first. Like a collection of records from the 80s so I can get all caught up and see what the hype is all about.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m surprised you didn’t like it

Of course if I don't like it, it can only be cause of the company, what a joke.

#41 3 years ago

Of course if I don't like it, it can only be cause of the company, what a joke.

Exactly my point. Carry on

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Exactly my point. Carry on

Wow I guess I'm a little out of my league here.

#43 3 years ago

Wow I guess I'm a little out of my league here.

Well you are, because you have no pin history and currently own two games.
I clearly stated it was the best game “I” have ever played,
so if YOU want to take a dump, I suggest go use your toilet.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Anyone that claims a game to be "best pinball ever" after a week or two of playing a game that doesn't even have complete code is just mesmerized by the lights and excited about their new machine. It's a fun and unique machine with loads of attention to detail, but let's see how the code balances out over time.

As my dad used to say, "All sizzle and no steak". Now, I'm not going to suggest that GNR is ALL sizzle, but I was certainly dazzled by the light show the first few times I played it. On subsequent visits to the arcade, I liked it less and less. Like most JJP games, it doesn't "feel" great. Shots aren't very exciting. The light show and art are second to none, yes. However, once you get beyond the razzle dazzle, shooting this pin is average.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

As my dad used to say, "All sizzle and no steak". Now, I'm not going to suggest that GNR is ALL sizzle, but I was certainly dazzled by the light show the first few times I played it. On subsequent visits to the arcade, I liked it less and less. Like most JJP games, it doesn't "feel" great. Shots aren't very exciting. The light show and art are second to none, yes. However, once you get beyond the razzle dazzle, shooting this pin is average.

exactly how I feel about it. I am a huge GNR fan so I had to set that to the side so I could be objective about the gameplay. Light show amazing (almost too much) and I love the art package (as any GNR fan would) but gameplay/code is very average.

#46 3 years ago

Really.
So u didn't say "best game of silverballs under glass" whatever horse shit u spewed out while in a honeymoon phase regarding a pin based on a band ur a "die hard" fan of. U didn't start an entire thread on it for no reason, if its just ur opinion rate the game and make ur statement in the owners thread. Oh and then accuse me of being a newbie and criticizing my small collection. That's a good method. I've been here as long as u and have owned 150 pins. used to have the handle "Hazoff"
Think before u type, and before u start pointless threads while entertaining for me of course, u better expect some backlash.
Did that go the way u thought?
Nope.

#47 3 years ago

Really.
So u didn't say "best game of silverballs under glass" whatever horse shit u spewed out while in a honeymoon phase regarding a pin based on a band ur a "die hard" fan of. U didn't start an entire thread on it for no reason, if its just ur opinion rate the game and make ur statement in the owners thread. Oh and then accuse me of being a newbie and criticizing my small collection. That's a good method. I've been here as long as u and have owned 150 pins. used to have the handle "Hazoff"
Think before u type, and before u start pointless threads while entertaining for me of course, u better expect some backlash.
Did that go the way u thought?
Nope.

Dude relax, and shut up?
Who gives a flying shit if I started a thread on it? Don’t like the game? NOTED. Don’t agree? NOTED.

If this “thread” that I started is too much for you to handle, move the fuck on already,
damn.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Play some Wonka... I agree with your general thoughts here but Wonka has great shots and the "feel" is excellent.

As does Dialed In which is why I hope they get Pat Lawlor on another one.

Its amusing that the two JJPs the got the most shit for not enough bling and theme are the best players by a long shot.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Play some Wonka... I agree with your general thoughts here but Wonka has great shots and the "feel" is excellent.
As does Dialed In which is why I hope they get Pat Lawlor on another one.
Its amusing that the two JJPs the got the most shit for not enough bling and theme are the best players by a long shot.

totally agree, DI is a great shooter.

#50 3 years ago

Jaxoff just got bitch slapped!!!!Jaxoff get on back to your beloved LZ thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-guns-n-roses-is-the-greatest-pinball-ive-ever-played-?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.