AB564CD5-3B0F-4545-9444-D057058126D7 (resized).jpeg
BB7A0808-75FA-49D5-AA94-37995E11B8AA (resized).jpeg
3DEB1ED2-0078-4988-866B-D6A99A425A6E (resized).jpeg
6507CB4C-504F-4ABE-A17F-E8547B84D40E (resized).jpeg
9E52AF32-2F30-4A64-9602-C789CD5EF6DA (resized).jpeg
CF5E9A25-5CF4-45DD-A662-A76BE72D2CDA (resized).jpeg
AA245B03-14E1-40CC-A705-D04B4297B93E (resized).jpeg
A1FDD9D5-F4F3-4B58-9379-A1AD0B4B9FB0 (resized).jpeg
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

As my dad used to say, "All sizzle and no steak". Now, I'm not going to suggest that GNR is ALL sizzle, but I was certainly dazzled by the light show the first few times I played it. On subsequent visits to the arcade, I liked it less and less. Like most JJP games, it doesn't "feel" great. Shots aren't very exciting. The light show and art are second to none, yes. However, once you get beyond the razzle dazzle, shooting this pin is average.

I had the complete opposite reaction. I bought one as trade bait for jp premium. Didnt work out as a jp came my way via cash. Jp is gone.
Gnr is still here. The so called honeymoon stage was more like a one night stand without the sex. Gnr was just to much woman for me and I had no idea what to do. Problem was I married her now and she wouldn't leave. Because of this I got use to her beauty and flair and I became less intimidated. Finally I got up the nerve to put my fingers to her buttons and she came alive. Alive like no other. Her lights and sounds directed me to her most exciting modes and targets. The silver ball rolled up her ramps and around her playfield, eventually finding that sweet vuk in the middle. She erupted into sweet sounds and colors and before we new it we were in the throes of 'multi'ball heaven. One ball would drain.. but to my surprise I was still going and going. As the last ball drained I felt like a man of 20. So I rolled over and did it again.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

As my dad used to say, "All sizzle and no steak". Now, I'm not going to suggest that GNR is ALL sizzle, but I was certainly dazzled by the light show the first few times I played it. On subsequent visits to the arcade, I liked it less and less. Like most JJP games, it doesn't "feel" great. Shots aren't very exciting. The light show and art are second to none, yes. However, once you get beyond the razzle dazzle, shooting this pin is average.

Look at the upvotes.That's what I call the Usual Suspects

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Dude relax, and shut up?
Who gives a flying shit if I started a thread on it? Don’t like the game? NOTED. Don’t agree? NOTED.
If this “thread” that I started is too much for you to handle, move the fuck on already,
damn.

No reason to get upset. It’s a great game a home run for JJP and I am happy they put it out. Some old guard pinheads will knock on anything new but scream they want innovation in pinball and whine that code is not complete. It’s sign of the times I guess why enjoy something when you can complain about everything.

I’m 100% with you as our family is really enjoy this game and what’s more important to the hobby is we bring more fans into owning games versus keeping these youngsters off the grass... what ever your size collection no reason to dump on someone that enjoys a game.. I think we are all fortunate to have games in our collections

#54 3 years ago

I’m saying it now, it is the greatest game of silver balls under glass.
The fact that they even made a Data East version is incredible, given how conflicted the original lineup was (including being messed up)
Then to do it again, 25 years later, makes the Data East version just about obsolete.
In fact, it’s making me question wanting to play other games that aren’t like it- THAT is how good this game is.
The Data East version for example is like going from a little tikes car, to a Corvette with JJP’s.
The way this thing plays, is in a league of its own. It’s literally on the moon. It’s super addicting.
The thing makes the hair stand up on my arm, and the attention to detail will humble the hardest die hard fans. When that song kicks in, and starts cranking the volume higher on its own... holy shit...
There is NOTHING like this game that I have played.
(From the box, set your flipper coils to 30, and a few on the upper flipper too, for better looping, and the game will RIP, It was too low at stock setting 25,
I also had to adjust the flipper alignment from the box, they were slightly up, and needed to be more flush with the inlane)
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Im not sure if i missed it but have you played a LE? Id like to hear your comparison if you have. I would prefer the SE myself for the faster pace of the game but the hot rails on the LE would be missed.

#55 3 years ago

I think we all know that the title of this thread is polarizing, you could make a new thread, change the name of the game to any other game and have the same back and forth conversations.

(Insert game name) is the greatest pinball I’ve ever played!

People like different things and that’s a good thing, it’s not really something to argue over as for or against it’s all “IMHO”

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I think we all know that the title of this thread is very polarizing, you could make a new thread and change the name of the game to any other game have the same back and forth conversations.
(Insert game name) is the greatest pinball I’ve ever played!
People like different things and that’s a good thing, it’s not really something to argue over, as for or against it’s all “IMHO”

Ok. Lets try:

(Insert game name: Thunderbirds) is the greatest pinball I’ve ever played!

Lol

#57 3 years ago

Dude relax, and shut up?
Who gives a flying shit if I started a thread on it? Don’t like the game? NOTED. Don’t agree? NOTED.

If this “thread” that I started is too much for you to handle, move the fuck on already,
damn.

Very relaxed.
Seems maybe ur aren't however. 2 much for me to handle?
I think its the other way around. If its 2 hot in the kitchen? stay away from the cook.

Quoted from romulusx:

Jaxoff just got bitch slapped!!!!Jaxoff get on back to your beloved LZ thread

Yeah ur right, that hurt. A misguided comment based on misinformation. He bitch slapped himself. Funny Romulick u will post here but are a ghost in the JJP raises their price by a grand thread. That sir is an unaided bitch slap.

U can't win.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I had the complete opposite reaction. I bought one as trade bait for jp premium. Didnt work out as a jp came my way via cash. Jp is gone.
Gnr is still here. The so called honeymoon stage was more like a one night stand without the sex. Gnr was just to much woman for me and I had no idea what to do. Problem was I married her now and she wouldn't leave. Because of this I got use to her beauty and flair and I became less intimidated. Finally I got up the nerve to put my fingers to her buttons and she came alive. Alive like no other. Her lights and sounds directed me to her most exciting modes and targets. The silver ball rolled up her ramps and around her playfield, eventually finding that sweet vuk in the middle. She erupted into sweet sounds and colors and before we new it we were in the throes of 'multi'ball heaven. One ball would drain.. but to my surprise I was still going and going. As the last ball drained I felt like a man of 20. So I rolled over and did it again.

Classic!

I too got JP and GNR roughly around the same time. JP is great, and a lot have considered it the GOAT (just look at its ratings). But wow, GNR brings another level of energy.

It’s not about the shots people, it’s not about the speed, it’s not about the flow, it’s not about the rules, it’s not about the lights, it’s not about the music, it’s not about the band, it’s about...everything, tied into one package.

If a game is great, it’s a honeymoon. If a game sucks, they’re labeled a hater. Man, what a bi polar hobby we live in.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

it’s about...everything, tied into one package.

What a crock of shit that is.

#60 3 years ago

I played Jersey Jack’s GNR recently at a local arcade and thought it was pretty cool. It had a really nice light show and the sounds were very good. It also had some unique shots. I also played an Avengers IQ and to be honest with you I had more fun playing it. Keith Elwin did it again and has come out with another amazing game. I’ve also played several games of Sterns Jurassic Park and Iron maiden and to be honest with you, while Guns N’ Roses has the glitz and glamour of a really nice pinball, the fun factor is not even in the same category as JP and IM.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

I played Jersey Jack’s GNR recently at a local arcade and thought it was pretty cool. It had a really nice light show and the sounds were very good. It also had some unique shots. I also played an Avengers IQ and to be honest with you I had more fun playing it. Keith Elwin did it again and has come out with another amazing game. I’ve also played several games of Sterns Jurassic Park and Iron maiden and to be honest with you, while Guns N’ Roses has the glitz and glamour of a really nice pinball, the fun factor is not even in the same category as JP and IM.

SNL_Warren_2019_10_05_This Aint For You.gifSNL_Warren_2019_10_05_This Aint For You.gif
#62 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Very relaxed.
Seems maybe ur aren't however. 2 much for me to handle?
I think its the other way around. If its 2 hot in the kitchen? stay away from the cook.

Yeah ur right, that hurt. A misguided comment based on misinformation. He bitch slapped himself. Funny Romulick u will post here but are a ghost in the JJP raises their price by a grand thread. That sir is an unaided bitch slap.
U can't win.

Man we won already GnR bitch slapped LZ remember.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Man we won already GnR bitch slapped LZ remember.

U got anything else other than ur award, ur pinball industry award. That u put the word "we" in front of like u were integral I've never watched or followed any of that award crap yet u bring it up, LZ isn't a band I'm really into or a pin I'm gonna buy or care about. Ur really reaching to make a point and its because u have nothing relevant to say outside of "Bitch slap" and 'We won an award" talk about a fanboy. Anyway I'll still take a LZ Pre over that boring box of lights any day. "We won" What a joke.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

U got anything else than ur award, ur pinball industry award. That u put the word "we" in front of like u were integral I've never watched or followed any of that award crap yet u bring it up, LZ isn't a band I'm really into or a pin I'm gonna buy or care about. Ur really reaching to make a point and its because u have nothing relevant to say outside of "Bitch slap" and 'We won an award" talk about a fanboy. Anyway I'll still take a LZ Pre over that boring box of lights any day. "We won" What a joke.

Dude, you’re trolling.

#65 3 years ago

Dude, you’re trolling.

Of course I am. U can't comment negatively or even have an opinion outside of high praise in a JJP thread without being a troll. Another joke and more 50 somethings starting their sentences with "Dude" ur most likely somewhere between 40 to 60 like me. That's not ur thing. Also what the hell is wrong with people trolling anyway? Doesn't bother me, I would welcome it and see it as a great opportunity to shoot someone down and have a little fun, maybe u can't?

#66 3 years ago

Played it in league a few times. Kind of annoying waiting for the other 3 players to get multiball after multiball until it’s your turn again 30 minutes later for ball 2. Might as well just put 3 balls in the shooter lane each turn and take the modes away.

1 week later
#67 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Dude... It's a pinball game. Im not sure I'm impressed by your post or horrified.

#68 3 years ago

Ok.. here goes. GnR is another pinball game in the xciting world of pinball. But.. the LE we played is NOT worth shelling out almost $11500. It has a lot of cool stuff, has a great light show, and I'll admit this version of GnR is fine despite growing up with the original band. Ironically, while we were fumbling around trying to get the band together and start a song, we were jamming out to LZ pro that a guy was playing behind us. The 2nd game we played, my son got high score on appetite for destruction. I do like all the different high scores. So is GnR cool.. yeah I'll give you that, best pin ever, not sure about that. Were we drawn back to it? Not really. I can see it gets better with addition code, getting used to the game, etc.. I just can't see justifying that kind of cash. Instead we played AIQ, the Big Lebowski, Rick and Morty, and LZ. As for LZ - to be fair. VERY easy game. Fun shooter but limited on the pro. Not a ton there. We felt like we did everything the first game we played. Music is great. Played Willy Wonka (standard). The drains out of the pops was ridiculous. The plastic playland of nothing in the upper left of the playfield was terrible. I wanted this game 6 months ago, now I'm not sure. We laughed our A off while playing rick and morty. Call outs are insane. Can't stand spookys, ghost hunter or whatever the heck that pin is, but like TNA and RM shows me they are gaining momentum. Congrats to them. Ok.. back to the thread.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

We laughed our A off while playing rick and morty. Call outs are insane. Can't stand spookys, ghost hunter or whatever the heck that pin is, but like TNA and RM shows me they are gaining momentum. Congrats to them. Ok.. back to the thread.

I've played all the Spooky games except the contract ones (Dominoes, Jetsons, etc.), and I agree that Spooky just seems to be getting better. I bought Alice Cooper and absolutely love it. I can't see myself ever parting with it. You should check it out. Anyway, like you said, back to the thread as this is about GnR.

#70 3 years ago

Gotta agree, there is definitely nothing like it out there from a "pinball experience" pov. Love mine, Have about 130 plays on it thus far and still learning.

Alien is in second place for me for the "pinball experience", a bit of a ways behind though!

#71 3 years ago

I’ll play too. ACNC is awesome. I just picked up one recently and it is super fun. Way more value for the price and my ass won’t hurt from getting bent over by Stern or JJP.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’ll play too. ACNC is awesome. I just picked up one recently and it is super fun. Way more value for the price and my ass won’t hurt from getting bent over by Stern or JJP.

I play my Spooky games more than any other.

#73 3 years ago

If you are looking for "pinball experience" I don't think there is anything better on the market than The Big Lebowski. Its got a loaded-to-the-gills fantastic and approachable shooters layout, best in class theme integration (full movie assets, etc) and with new code on the way, will only get better!

I have an GNR LE on order and have not played one yet or experienced in person in full transparency.

Based on everything I see/hear/watch, the technology and lightshow on GNR blows TBL away (and every pin ever made in history for that matter)

The theme integration is easily just as good as TBL but where I am anxious to do a true comparison for myself is really in the layout/shot geometry and flow / rule progression / approachability facets of the game.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ok.. here goes. GnR is another pinball game in the xciting world of pinball. But.. the LE we played is NOT worth shelling out almost $11500. It has a lot of cool stuff, has a great light show, and I'll admit this version of GnR is fine despite growing up with the original band. Ironically, while we were fumbling around trying to get the band together and start a song, we were jamming out to LZ pro that a guy was playing behind us. The 2nd game we played, my son got high score on appetite for destruction. I do like all the different high scores. So is GnR cool.. yeah I'll give you that, best pin ever, not sure about that. Were we drawn back to it? Not really. I can see it gets better with addition code, getting used to the game, etc.. I just can't see justifying that kind of cash. Instead we played AIQ, the Big Lebowski, Rick and Morty, and LZ. As for LZ - to be fair. VERY easy game. Fun shooter but limited on the pro. Not a ton there. We felt like we did everything the first game we played. Music is great. Played Willy Wonka (standard). The drains out of the pops was ridiculous. The plastic playland of nothing in the upper left of the playfield was terrible. I wanted this game 6 months ago, now I'm not sure. We laughed our A off while playing rick and morty. Call outs are insane. Can't stand spookys, ghost hunter or whatever the heck that pin is, but like TNA and RM shows me they are gaining momentum. Congrats to them. Ok.. back to the thread.

With the one thousand dollar increase the LE cost $10,500 not $11,500.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

With the one thousand dollar increase the LE cost $10,500 not $11,500.

$10,500 + tax and delivery is what he is suggesting I think.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

$10,500 + tax and delivery is what he is suggesting I think.

And this is the case with Stern and other manufacturers.People always use what they can to bolster their argument?

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

And this is the case with Stern and other manufacturers.People always use what they can to bolster their argument?

Or my favorite that I really don't understand "the game cost 19,000$ in our country they cost to much!" omitting the fact that it is Their country (government) creating that cost not the pinball manufacturer?

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Or my favorite that I really don't understand "the game cost 19,000$ in our country they cost to much!" omitting the fact that it is Their country (government) creating that cost not the pinball manufacturer?

Well that is BS. I pay $14500 here landed which is $2k more than you and includes shipping around to Europe.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Well that is BS. I pay $14500 here landed which is $2k more than you and includes shipping around to Europe.

But didn't "your" Government add a huge tarriff / tax? That's not JJP's fault

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Is that for the CE?

#81 3 years ago

After reading the title of this thread all I could think was wow you really need to play more pinball. Gnr is just another mushy playing jjp with a nice light show with 200 multi balls. DI is probably their best effort don’t know why all the hate with the phone theme. That being said enjoy the game I’m sure there will be another must have game next year that eclipses the fanboys expectations of both stern and jjp. For me I just like to wait a year or two and pick up last years must have machines and save a couple of grand down the road. That way I can judge if the code is good enough to own the machine. I’m sure gnr will be 30k by Christmas or the whole pin market will go the way of the beanie baby and tulip market. Perhaps then I can buy my first JJP a DI for < 5k probably for what it is really worth.
As for gnr doesn’t move the needle for me. Yes it’s pretty nice light show but bored to tears playing it.
oh look another multi ball for no reason. Glad there are more than one pinball manufacturer competition drives innovation unfortunately it also seems to drive up the msrp on games across the board. Don’t know how long this pinball market will sustainable however I’ve been saying that for over 10 years.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

After reading the title of this thread all I could think was wow you really need to play more pinball. Gnr is just another mushy playing jjp with a nice light show with 200 multi balls. DI is probably their best effort don’t know why all the hate with the phone theme. That being said enjoy the game I’m sure there will be another must have game next year that eclipses the fanboys expectations of both stern and jjp. For me I just like to wait a year or two and pick up last years must have machines and save a couple of grand down the road. That way I can judge if the code is good enough to own the machine. I’m sure gnr will be 30k by Christmas or the whole pin market will go the way of the beanie baby and tulip market. Perhaps then I can buy my first JJP a DI for < 5k probably for what it is really worth.
As for gnr doesn’t move the needle for me. Yes it’s pretty nice light show but bored to tears playing it.
oh look another multi ball for no reason. Glad there are more than one pinball manufacturer competition drives innovation unfortunately it also seems to drive up the msrp on games across the board. Don’t know how long this pinball market will sustainable however I’ve been saying that for over 10 years.

DI =Stern pro for $5000
True colors come shining thru!

#83 3 years ago

About the same level of utility.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

But didn't "your" Government add a huge tarriff / tax? That's not JJP's fault

No that is the EU, not Channel Islands (or indeed UK, but they have a higher VAT). Yup, agreed re not JJP’s fault. My point, clumsily made, was that like-for-like, my bill for GNR CE at current FX will be USD14,500.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is that for the CE?

Yup

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

After reading the title of this thread all I could think was wow you really need to play more pinball.

Maybe you should read my collection history, and that doesn’t include the dozens upon dozens of doubles.

Let me know when you get to the bottom of that list.

There are so many games in your current list I’m bored to death of like MM and Metallica pro.

Motor dome, really?

The best game in your collection is Joker Poker.

#87 3 years ago

Maybe you should read my collection history, and that doesn’t include the dozens upon dozens of doubles.
Let me know when you get to the bottom of that list.
There are so many games in your current list I’m bored to death of like MM and Metallica pro.
Motor dome, really?
The best game in your collection is Joker Poker.

Dude you started a thread stating your opinion and you literally back it up with NOTHING but some pictures plus "The way this thing plays, is in a league of its own. It’s literally on the moon. It’s super addicting."

What does "it's literally on the moon" even mean??

How are the shots? How are the modes and multiballs? Why is it addicting? This thread is pointless without proper comparison and since you've owned and played SO many games....let's hear WHY this is so great so those of us that haven't played it can know what the hell you're talking about.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Dude you started a thread stating your opinion and you literally back it up with NOTHING but some pictures plus "The way this thing plays, is in a league of its own. It’s literally on the moon. It’s super addicting."
What does "it's literally on the moon" even mean??
How are the shots? How are the modes and multiballs? Why is it addicting? This thread is pointless without proper comparison and since you've owned and played SO many games....let's hear WHY this is so great so those of us that haven't played it can know what the hell you're talking about.

Who the fuck are you bitching at?

League of its own?
The game is packed, the light show is second to none. It’s well made, well thought out, well executed. It has depth to it that even the most experienced player will have trouble getting to. Modes, rules, shots.

Modes?
are great... it’s a points cash grab, and that’s why the multiballs are needed, and welcomed. You’re trying to survive past the song and you can get booed off the stage and the song will end. If you survive and do an amazing job on that song, you earned it.

Why is it addicting?
Because you’re not going to reach the end of this game, and the way you go about starting a song is a nice feeling series of events.
The songs kick you in the face when they start, the light show rushes your senses, you are fighting your ass off to stay alive.

If the hair doesn’t stand up on your arm when “You could be mine” starts playing, “I’m a cold heart breaker fit to burn and I’ll rip your heart in two”

you’re not alive.

Why does on the moon even mean?

I’ve personally never played a game like it.

Not in this lifetime.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

This might be the greatest review for any game ever. Makes me consider selling my POTC!

#90 3 years ago

I played a CE last week and was blown away. Seems like the game has it all, unless you dislike GnR.

I like GnR enough that I got the DE version way back when it was the coolest music pin available, but I'm not into them enough to sell some games to get this.

So yeah, if you don't like GnR or don't have the cash. Those are the only reasons I see not to love this game.

The CE is totally fucking sick. If GnR was one of my favorite bands I'd be in heaven.

#91 3 years ago

Packed with...lights? Definitely! Otherwise it's really one of the most feature barren games from JJP, mech and toy wise.

The code and asset usage is phenomenal no doubt!

3 weeks later
#92 3 years ago

Currently Awaiting an LE for this game. Played it and was just completely blown away! The game has so much going on with the lights, sounds, and features it’s hard to focus the first couple games. I am eagerly awaiting this game for my collection and will rate it once I get 100 games in. Hoping the factory can produce high quality games in a reasonable time. Overall, my experience with this game is very positive, looking forward to playing it on Explicit Mode when I get it to my house.

#93 3 years ago

Dang dude, did you already sell it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,000.00
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-guns-n-roses-is-the-greatest-pinball-ive-ever-played-/page/2?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.