New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 38601)

Jericho Worth a Lot of Points

By MrWizzo

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Snailman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

I am not the best player and have started bth a number of times but never completed, still a awesome game

I did bring up a thread about a software update first of some general things and then if they did a IM3 rerun what they could do. There are a few things as mentioned here plus a we others to enhance the game that little bit more.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-rules-update-what-you-would-like-to-see

but in summary:

1. attract mode flipper sounds - I don't think it has any. Love these.

2. Instant Info - hold the flipper button down to see how may hits the drones, whiplash and war machine have to be hit - save the guess work.

3. Earnable extra balls, maybe like the Tron latest release do a 10 - 12 ramp Extra Ball ???

3. Maybe as a fun feature but challenging is during the monger fight when he is up and when your up to the last 2 lights / hits ????, Iron Man is running low on power so either of the flippers can't be held up longer than one second - and this could be a turn on and off feature.

4. handless skill shot - make the right lane without hitting a flipper button for the skill shot, make it worth 2x what the one now is.

6. postless skill shot - hold the left flipper to disable the post. Fire the ball in and if it spins the left flipper and then does something (possibly Whiplash, or right ramp) immediately next, have it be worth something.

7. maybe a clearer way to identify what to hit in the jericho mode - flash the icons and then go solid ???? have hardly got there...

#52 7 years ago

The way my iron man is dialed in, you are headed for a sure drain if you look up a the DMD after hitting a drone.

Also IMs status menu is totally useless as is.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Has anyone figured out how SHIELD awards are selected? By level of shield or by how many shields collected since last time collected? I know it is not totally random as lower awards are predictable for the most part.

If in multiball, it adds a ball.
If in a timed mode like Bogey, it extends the time.
If in normal play, it increases the bonus X or (rarely) lights EB or special.

At least that's been my experience.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

If in multiball, it adds a ball.
If in a timed mode like Bogey, it extends the time.
If in normal play, it increases the bonus X or (rarely) lights EB or special.
At least that's been my experience.

That has been mine as well, but the EB or Special only seems to happen in the upper level MARK suits. I have been unable to see a pattern. Might help if I got there more often!

I suspect that if they build up without collected, this increase the chances, but nothing empirical to go by. Just a hunce. Maybe I will pull the glass off and see what happens.

Dan

#55 7 years ago

Finally, stacked Jericho with DoDHU for double scoring on Jericho for that ball. I do have Jericho set to carry over, and it did take a couple balls to finish Jericho.

The DoDHU counted down to 21 M boosting score to 41 M, and Jericho got it to 86 M at the end of that ball. After Jericho was finished, score was 144 M and finished at 188 M. Award set to extra ball and got a Special as well. Definitely learning to be more aggressive on the outline nudging.

Got awarded EB or Special in each of the last four or five games.

Dan

#56 7 years ago

Very nice! But it sounds like you stacked Do or Die with Jericho, not DoDMB, which is different and virtually impossible.

#57 7 years ago

yes, you are correct. I meant DODHU not MB. Thanks for catching that.

Dan

2 weeks later
#58 7 years ago

Got a 102 M Jericho today. Double scoring from collecting DODHU contributed. Ended up with a HS #3 at 174 M.

Dan

#60 7 years ago

Got a 112 M Jericho today. Double scoring from collecting DODHU contributed. Ended up with a HS #3 at 178 M.

I love how effortlessly Bowen makes death saves. I have to start learning how to do that. Trying the loop pass was less than successful.

Dan

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from johnnyfive:

They must have reset it, I GC'd that machine last week with ~145M. Way to make me feel inferior now . Apparently I did DoD and Jericho backwards, but now I know!

Johnnyfive, I put up a new IM GC score at Pinballz for you to chase.
Did Jericho in one ball, but not on steroids. (They have the Jericho settings at one ball anyway -- when you drain out of Jericho, you don't get to start your next ball still in Jericho.)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Walton, KY
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside