Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Snailman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

85 M. First time. Took two balls. Great animation.

Dan

#2 11 years ago

Jericho is great, except when you blow it on ball three, then you are all like 'YEAAAAHHHHRRRRGGGGGGFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU'

-Wes

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Jericho is great, except when you blow it on ball three, then you are all like 'YEAAAAHHHHRRRRGGGGGGFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU'
-Wes

Which is like every game!

Dan

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

85 M. First time. Took two balls. Great animation.
Dan

It's a good feeling. Now go for Jericho on steroids: start it with the payoff shot from Do or Die hurry up, doubling all your Jericho points, and managing to finish it. HUGE rush!

#5 11 years ago

Didn't know about that one. Something new to fixate on!

The game has some great stacking opportunities like the one you mentioned. Once or twice I was able to stack IM targets, Iron Monger and War Machine I think worked Bogey in there as well in the beginning once.

I find it hard to understand why this game wasn't more popular, but I am guilty of this as well.

Dan

#6 11 years ago

Admittedly, I didn't like IM the first few times I played it. Probably because it wounded my pride by kicking my butt! It seemed overly simplistic because I didn't understand all the stacking nuances. Now I find it very exciting and fun -- whether I'm gunning for the wizard accomplishments or playing it competitively.

One of these days I'll get back to trying for Do or Die multiball, but for now I'm content with the 295M score I put up on the IM @ Pinballz Arcade (no extra balls).
(A big chunk of that was from the Jericho on steroids)

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Once or twice I was able to IM targets, Iron Monger and War Machine I think worked Bogey in there as well in the beginning once.

It's a lot of points to stack Bogey (ramps 5x to start), Ironman (all the standup targets once and then one more to start), War Machine, then Whiplash. Then you can cycle ramps and orbits and you can make bank. I've been trying to get that pefect 4x stack routine and it is AWESOME when it happens, and incredibly frustrating when you don't.

-Wes

#8 11 years ago

I've never scored big points off Jericho because I always blow it. Maybe next time...

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I've never scored big points off Jericho because I always blow it. Maybe next time...

Don't feel bad. I confess I have Jericho set to carry over to the next ball. I like to get to know the games well before I decide not to make them harder! Not entirely true.

I was surprised I got it that time. Lots of shots have to be made.

Quoted from copperpot:

It's a lot of points to stack Bogey (ramps 5x to start), Ironman (all the standup targets once and then one more to start), War Machine, then Whiplash. Then you can cycle ramps and orbits and you can make bank. I've been trying to get that pefect 4x stack routine and it is AWESOME when it happens, and incredibly frustrating when you don't.
-Wes

That would be the better stack, WM with WL rather than IM with WM. Same number of balls without IM blocking the pf, and double jackpots on all shot MB JP shots?

Seem to think of WL last in line always.

Quoted from Snailman:

Admittedly, I didn't like IM the first few times I played it. Probably because it wounded my pride by kicking my butt! It seemed overly simplistic because I didn't understand all the stacking nuances. Now I find it very exciting and fun -- whether I'm gunning for the wizard accomplishments or playing it competitively.
One of these days I'll get back to trying for Do or Die multiball, but for now I'm content with the 295M score I put up on the IM @ Pinballz Arcade (no extra balls).

That is a very impressive score!

Dan

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

NICE! Awesome score!

I have 2 scores at 245mil that are only 700k apart (factory settings inc wide outlanes)

Those were the 2 games I beat Jericho. I think only one of those is from a 2x steroid session as you say. The other was a different path.

Most of the time I am getting hammered.

I love that game.

#11 11 years ago

I've never actually completed Jericho. I was one ramp shot away and got a STDM. Brutal!

That mode is incredibly fun, though! I love the audio.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

It's a good feeling. Now go for Jericho on steroids: start it with the payoff shot from Do or Die hurry up, doubling all your Jericho points, and managing to finish it. HUGE rush!

I think I did what you mention above. Definitely started Jericho on the DOD HU shot, which was about to expire and I think it was doubled for a little over 35 M (running 1.6). Does that makes sense? This raised the score to about 68 M. Then finished Jericho and ended up with new high of 182,812,500.

IronMan - less bling, more sting!

Dan

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I have 2 scores at 245mil that are only 700k apart (factory settings inc wide outlanes)

Sweet scores. Since I'm playing on location, I can only guess that it is factory settings. Admittedly the outlanes were set easy, but the tilt was very tight.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Definitely started Jericho on the DOD HU shot, which was about to expire and I think it was doubled for a little over 35 M (running 1.6). Does that makes sense? This raised the score to about 68 M. Then finished Jericho and ended up with new high of 182,812,500.

Nice! I don't believe that the 2x scoring that's part of the award for hitting the DOD HU shot applies to the DOD payoff itself. It applies to the remainder of your ball, which includes all your Jericho scoring + Jericho completion bonus.

Has anyone here (or that you know of) made it to DOD multiball?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Has anyone here (or that you know of) made it to DOD multiball?

I personally have never heard of anyone getting to DOD multiball.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

I personally have never heard of anyone getting to DOD multiball.

Its a major letdown.....Not worth the effort to try n get there. Do or Die into Jericho is much better. Put your Jericho to not carry over though....Makes it that much more intense.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I don't believe that the 2x scoring that's part of the award for hitting the DOD HU shot applies to the DOD payoff itself.

Sure it does. If the settings allow it (loose tilt), starting 2x scoring is something you want to do before collecting DOD.

Quoted from Snailman:

It applies to the remainder of your ball, which includes all your Jericho scoring + Jericho completion bonus.

No, it's timed. Many have complained that the timer doesn't pause during the into to Jericho. Not long enough to last all the way thru Jericho.

Once I was playing a game on old software and I got DOD jackpot worth more than 50M without 2x scoring running. Can you guess how I did it?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I don't believe that the 2x scoring that's part of the award for hitting the DOD HU shot applies to the DOD payoff itself.

Sure it does. If the settings allow it (loose tilt), starting 2x scoring is something you want to do before collecting DOD.

Still learning the game, so unsure about some of the subtleties. Is there something other than IRONMAN 2x scoring or a shield award (?) that can double the DOD HU? On the game I mentioned earlier, the game announced that time was running out and when I hit the shot, the HU was about 35.5 M or 2x an amount close to the end of the count down.

Re DOD MB, I have to imagine that the real killer getting to that is collecting DRONES.

No idea how you did it.

Dan

#20 11 years ago

Just wondering. I disabled the orbit post for a while to make it a bit faster and require skill on the skill shot, but have put it back to compare. I like the reversals the game does to the ball on some shots. Too bad you cannot control the orbit post.

Haven't tried the game with the center lane post disabled. Anyone try that? Benefits? Drawbacks?

Dan

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

No, it's timed. Many have complained that the timer doesn't pause during the into to Jericho. Not long enough to last all the way thru Jericho.
Once I was playing a game on old software and I got DOD jackpot worth more than 50M without 2x scoring running. Can you guess how I did it?

I think the source of confusion here is that we're referring to two different 2x scoring. The one to which I'm referring is the untimed 2x when you collect the DOD HU. I'm guessing you're referring to the 2x scoring from the Ironman target awards, that only lasts40 seconds, I think. I had forgotten about that one, which would mean that 4x scoring is possible for Jericho -- at least part of it, assuming it takes you longer than 40 ticks to complete Jericho.

Was I correct in my theory on different 2x, or am I missing something?

#22 11 years ago

Actually, in at least the software version I'm used to playing, there's only one 2x scoring flag. So, if you get Ironman double scoring after Do or Die, you'll be sad to learn you don't actually get 4x scoring, and then you'll be furious to learn that at the end of the Ironman mode, the 2x scoring is shut off! Bah.

#23 11 years ago

I love nailing the 'DOD' shot on route... pops the machine every time I make it, pretty cool.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Actually, in at least the software version I'm used to playing, there's only one 2x scoring flag. So, if you get Ironman double scoring after Do or Die, you'll be sad to learn you don't actually get 4x scoring, and then you'll be furious to learn that at the end of the Ironman mode, the 2x scoring is shut off! Bah.

Hulk sad.

3 months later
#25 10 years ago

Old topic but I want to add something to the discussion

If you managed to finish Jericho then 2X scoring is unlimited during the rest of the ball. On old software (1.4) I started DoD in the same ball and and finished immediately getting a 100.000.000. This score hardly fitted into the display.
In the most recent software version 1.6 the max is only 70.000.000 for finishing DoD

#26 10 years ago

I do not think I have done it again since this thread went up.

Dan

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Der_Meister:

Old topic but I want to add something to the discussion
If you managed to finish Jericho then 2X scoring is unlimited during the rest of the ball. On old software (1.4) I started DoD in the same ball and and finished immediately getting a 100.000.000. This score hardly fitted into the display.In the most recent software version 1.6 the max is only 70.000.000 for finishing DoD

I know 2x playfield for the ball is awarded at completion of Do or Die (score the hurry-up)

But, you are saying 2x playfield is also available at the end of Jericho? Never noticed that-next time I win it, I'll have to check.

It may be a while-I have only finished Jericho a handful of times in 3 years

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I got it Saturday during the tournament. Here is the recap: third ball, only need two shots to get it lit, make those in pretty quick order. Actually manage to hit it up the middle to start Jericho on the next shot.

Jericho: one shot, two shots, DRAINNNNNNNNN

#29 10 years ago

Better at 1.4, BR and I updated to 1.6, not as much fun. Want to go back to 1.4 .

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Better at 1.4, BR and I updated to 1.6, not as much fun. Want to go back to 1.4 .

I've thought the same thing.

Dan

#31 10 years ago

What's the difference?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

What's the difference?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Better at 1.4, BR and I updated to 1.6, not as much fun.

Quoted from jayhawkai:

What's the difference?

I think what they meant to say is that it's not as lucrative. Game is just as fun on the newer code. 99% of the changes are not related to gameplay. However...

V 01.5 - 9-September-2010
====================

- Changed DoD hurry-up scoring from 50M->25M to 35M->15M.

A rape was neutered.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Once I was playing a game on old software and I got a DOD jackpot worth more than 50M without 2x scoring running. Can you guess how I did it?

Since nobody has guessed in 3 months, I'll give the answer.

I had just qualified DOD (and Jericho) and I was trying to get the ball under control to start DOD. While I was flailing around, the ball popped up and lightly hit the spinner, then dropped back down towards the flippers. Normally when you make the DOD shot (the spinner), the ball stops at the up post above and the intro to DOD runs. Because I only winged the spinner, it was enough to trigger the intro. I got the ball under control and shot the spinner before the post even went down. Scored something like 50,001,260 points and went on to play a less memorable Jericho.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

They must have reset it, I GC'd that machine last week with ~145M. Way to make me feel inferior now . Apparently I did DoD and Jericho backwards, but now I know!

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from johnnyfive:

They must have reset it, I GC'd that machine last week with ~145M. Way to make me feel inferior now . Apparently I did DoD and Jericho backwards, but now I know!

Inferior? If that score was on factory settings, more like superior!

Dan

#37 10 years ago

So what version should I have now?

Thanks

#38 10 years ago

I stay with 1.6, more balanced to me (DoD 35 M)

#39 10 years ago

I'm staying on 1.6 too

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I think what they meant to say is that it's not as lucrative. Game is just as fun on the newer code. 99% of the changes are not related to gameplay. However...
V 01.5 - 9-September-2010====================
- Changed DoD hurry-up scoring from 50M->25M to 35M->15M.
A rape was neutered.

I'm not sure I'd be quick to classify DoD at 50MIL (or any value) as a "rape". The context of "rape" in pinball is something that can be exploited over and over. Do or Die is not a lather/rinse/repeat mode by any stretch so it is not like the scoring would get out of hand through repeated playing.

Maybe 50MIL for DoD was a "scoring inbalance"

The reason is: aside from Jericho, nothing else would really score anywhere close to 50MIL, so there was no incentive to play for any of the regular modes/multiballs except to start Jericho.

However, reducing the jackpot from 50MIL start to 35 MIL is a reduction of 15MIL which is a lot of points in regular play, but obtainable. 15MIL is a very good Bogey run (with time extended), or repeated SJPs on Monger coupled with fast scoring or maybe even 2x. So now those modes in a game with skilled play can earn around 30MIL which gives a player something to go for other than DoD or Jericho. Naturally even with DoD at the reduced 35MIL, if it is coupled with 2x ahead of time, DoD or Jericho has to be the strategy for the player trying to catch up.

Lastly, on factory, starting Do or Die is actually more of a challenge than starting Jericho since Do or Die must be achieved on the ball in play and Jericho Marks accumulate ball to ball*. So having Jericho worth a bit more than the average Jericho stint is not unreasonable. Clearly finishing Jericho is lucrative but ultra rare.

*(Iron Man owners could check their audits and verify. On mine: Jericho started 245 times, DoD started 91 times).

#41 10 years ago

Maybe 50MIL for DoD was a "scoring inbalance"

The really good players (not me) would start double scoring before starting DOD. Every time. That made it a 100M point shot. That's a hell of a lot of points for basically a single shot.

And with IM, you could do it more than once in a game. On BDK, you had to chop wood for at least half an hour to see the 100M shot. No so on IM.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

The really good players (not me) would start double scoring before starting DOD. Every time. That made it a 100M point shot. That's a hell of a lot of points for basically a single shot.
And with IM, you could do it more than once in a game. On BDK, you had to chop wood for at least half an hour to see the 100M shot. No so on IM.

Agreed, 100MIL (potential) is a lot for one shot but even 70MIL (potential) does not change the strategy IMO.

If someone has scored a 2x DoD at 70MIL or 100MIL, then the players trying to catch up do not have many options.

So the point is I am not sure the reduction from 50MIL to 35MIL actually solved anything if 2x is running with DoD

I feel the 15MIL reduction really only matters if 2x is NOT running when DoD is collected.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I did exactly that when I had mine once. Once being the key word. It was pretty awesome. I never updated the code when I had the pin because I loved that potential huge payoff

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I did exactly that when I had mine once. Once being the key word. It was pretty awesome. I never updated the code when I had the pin because I loved that potential huge payoff

I've done it a few times on location games. It's still something folks should consider whether you have the new software or not. If you have DOD ready and get the ball under control (cradled), look to see how many shots it would take to start double scoring. If you're lucky and only need one shot to start double scoring (which happens), it's a no-brainer. Go for it. It can be a big risk when you need more than one shot, but 35M extra points is a big reward.

The timer for double scoring runs plenty long, so getting the ball back under control, starting DOD, then collecting the jackpot is never hurried (other than the dropping jackpot value). The double scoring will also last briefly at the start of Jericho.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from johnnyfive:

Yes, they reset all the machines' GC scores at beginning of the year.

#46 10 years ago

Despite this tread is nice to follow I still have the feeling that software is not completed and finished yet.

Does anyone has the answer if the software can be updated by someone outside of Stern or is this not possible due to intellectual issues?

#47 10 years ago

You crazy if you think Iron Man's software is incomplete. What is missing??

#48 10 years ago

IM needs

Super skill shot
Better extra ball rules (maybe like Tron)
Instant info menu to show how many shots are needed to finish the drones.
Combo champ (or just bogey champ.)

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

IM needs
Super skill shot

The earnable extra ball is the only piece that is absent An earnable extra ball (or balls) is a must to see deeper goals such as DoDMB (that dead horse is still dead) That is really what the game is lacking. Everything else is wish list items IMO.

Having instant info for every detail is nice but not required. That does not make the game incomplete.

The game has a skill shot albeit not overly complicated. A game does not need a super skill shot.

Combo champ/ Bogey champ is fluff, but not "missing"

#50 10 years ago

zucot said:
IM needs
Super skill shot

The earnable extra ball is the only piece that is absent An earnable extra ball (or balls) is a must to see deeper goals such as DoDMB (that dead horse is still dead) That is really what the game is lacking. Everything else is wish list items IMO.

Having instant info for every detail is nice but not required. That does not make the game incomplete.

The game has a skill shot albeit not overly complicated. A game does not need a super skill shot.

Combo champ/ Bogey champ is fluff, but not "missing"

Unless I am mistaken, you get Drone info on the DMD after you hit one. There can be a lag in processing however as things do get backed up and run behind a bit. Check out the section on War Machine to see this:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/ironman/index5b.html

Got to agree with the earnable extra ball.

I would like to see the code support the knocker for award (regardless of setting), special and extra ball. It doesn't fire when award set to extra ball, and it refers to such an award as "special," which isn't correct.

Has anyone figured out how SHIELD awards are selected? By level of shield or by how many shields collected since last time collected? I know it is not totally random as lower awards are predictable for the most part.

Dan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jericho-worth-a-lot-of-points and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.