Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Pheasant pinball 2 (resized).JPG
    Pheasant pinball (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

My father in law has an old pinball machine by Jennings called 'Pheasant' from 1938. I know....the Pheasant is not what most of think of when it comes to pinball themes lol. It's in nice shape, I think he restored it many years ago. Anyway, I looked on the internet database and it is listed but there are photos. I'm wondering if it would be a worthwhile contribution to send some in? Or does no one really care, etc?

#2 6 years ago

It certainly is a good idea to take some pictures of your father-in-law's Jennings Pheasant and submit them to the IPDB.

Since there are no pictures currently for the Pheasant it may be of help to someone who is restoring one in the future.

#3 6 years ago

Love to see some pictures!

Ive only seen advertisements for this!

#4 6 years ago

OK I'll see if he can do it. He's a bit over 80 and not the most digitally literate lol.

#5 6 years ago

OK here is one. It created quite a ruckus getting this one taken, lol. I will have to take some myself next time I am there.

Pheasant pinball (resized).JPGPheasant pinball (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago

Got one more .....

Pheasant pinball 2 (resized).JPGPheasant pinball 2 (resized).JPG

#7 6 years ago

Absolutely Stunning!

Its a Payout Game (Tokens), with the cup on the bottom, and appears to be in Excellent Condition!

I started Collecting 1932-1939 Pre War Games in the 70's, maybe close to your Father in law.

Today, it is highly desirable, and this one would be nice to be seen in a museum, or even just at the Recently past
    annual Texas Show!

Thanks for going through the trouble.....its Pinball "Nirvana" at its Best!!!

#8 6 years ago

That is an 'Improved Sportsman''. Not a 'Pheasant'. Darn it!
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2309

#9 6 years ago

This is the 'Pheasant'.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/1779/image-1.jpg

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10 6 years ago

Have played the non-payout version, called Hunter, which uses the same playfield. Hunter has a small head with lights for the scoring holes, and shutters which open when you win (ten balls for a nickel).

#11 6 years ago

Hey thanks! I will let him know that he has an Improved Sportsman model.

#12 6 years ago

Please bring it to the Texas Pinball Festival and display it at tge History of Pinball booth.
    Ill save a spot for it!

-Jeff

#13 6 years ago

Well, he's in Tulsa but I'll suggest it!

#14 6 years ago

Jennings really made some quality products, look at the detail!

#15 6 years ago

My father in law does good work. He also has a Wurlitzer jukebox he restored.

#16 6 years ago

Here's a link to more info. on the game from Michael Sands, restorer extraordinaire, and super nice guy. Be sure to check out the rest of his site. Some beautiful stuff there.
    http://www.sandsmuseum.com/coinop/games/sportsman/sportsman.html

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from GregCon:

Anyway, I looked on the internet database and it is listed but there are photos. I'm wondering if it would be a worthwhile contribution to send some in? Or does no one really care, etc?

uhh... YES! Please, always send in pictures when you are the photographer of them! Photo contributions from our users accounts for the majority of the images that we show. Sometimes, users email me asking if we want their pictures. I always reply that they never have to ask! Just send 'em in! The ones you provide will be there for some future user who will appreciate it or who may right now be trying to fix his game but saw our pictureless listing and gave up ever thinking anyone else might have this same game.

In photographing a game, please take many hi-res images in good lighting, inside the game and outside. Even photograph areas that have nothing much to see, that seem uninteresting, such as inside the lower cabinet on many older games, because our users won't know there is nothing much there to see if there are no pictures of it to see. Sometimes, there is a question about a payout mechanism. Photographing all inside areas show the presence or absence of this mechanism. If you photograph each side of the outside of the cabinet, all around, it shows the presence or absence of any access doors. This helps educate.

We always ask that, whenever possible, a regular digital camera be used in place of a camera phone, for better quality and less problems with darkness and lack of sharp focus.

Thank you!

Jay
    IPDB

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from I_P_D_B:

uhh... YES! Please, always send in pictures when you are the photographer of them! Photo contributions from our users accounts for the majority of the images that we show. Sometimes, users email me asking if we want their pictures. I always reply that they never have to ask! Just send 'em in! The ones you provide will be there for some future user who will appreciate it or who may right now be trying to fix his game but saw our pictureless listing and gave up ever thinking anyone else might have this same game.
    In photographing a game, please take many hi-res images in good lighting, inside the game and outside. Even photograph areas that have nothing much to see, that seem uninteresting, such as inside the lower cabinet on many older games, because our users won't know there is nothing much there to see if there are no pictures of it to see. Sometimes, there is a question about a payout mechanism. Photographing all inside areas show the presence or absence of this mechanism. If you photograph each side of the outside of the cabinet, all around, it shows the presence or absence of any access doors. This helps educate.
    We always ask that, whenever possible, a regular digital camera be used in place of a camera phone, for better quality and less problems with darkness and lack of sharp focus.
    Thank you!
    Jay
    IPDB

+100
    Not just photos of playfield & cabinet -- photos of the internals are critical if you are restoring a machine that may be missing parts! I don't know how many times I have looked on IPBD for that one picture of a game that would help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jennings-pheasant-pinball-game-1938?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.