Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider planetexpress.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

If im buying its 250 to 300
if im selling its 450 to 550

Jeff’s answer was spot on, that’s likely why nobody else replied.

Normally there is no real value to a bagatelle, but this one is kind of neat, being a Jennings and having some interesting features.

6 months later
#13 1 year ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I finally picked up the Jay-Ball. It's a little rougher than I remember but I'm very happy with it. Let me know what you all would like for pictures and I'll upload them to the DB. If there's another game with examples of the pictures you'd like to see, point me in that direction.
Does anyone have any threads for "shopping" this era of game? I'm in the middle of a Space Station resurrection so I'm not going to get to it for a while but I'd like to start reading up on it. I'd like to start by doing a good cleaning and fix up anything that's broken or missing, for example, there are several pins missing. I doubt I'll do a full restoration but any references would be appreciated.

The Howard products are a god send for this era of games. I strip the playfield and put all the metal into the heated ultrasonic then polish in walnut media with Flitz in a brass tumbler. I coat the playfield in Howard Feed N Wax, let it absorb and re-coat, repeat until the playfield stops absorbing any, then wax with Blitz. For the cabinet, I use Howard Restore A Finish, then follow with Feed N Wax until it stops absorbing and wipe off excess. Once all the metal has gone through the tumbler, I hand polish with Flitz, then coat with Renaissance Micro Crystalline Wax And Polish, then do the reassembly.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

Thanks for the info. The Howard tips are helpful and I'm planning on using an ultrasonic & tumbler. Do you remove the pins? If so, how do you reset them?
Also, the game is missing several pins, does any place sell something that can be used as replacements?

I remove the pins and they go through the ultrasonic and tumbler, too. I find something I can use as a guide (socket, a bit of metal tube, etc..) to get the pins all reinstalled at the same height and put them back in just a bit lower than they were before.

For replacement pins, I take samples with me and check a local hardware store that stocks a good selection of furniture fasteners in addition to normal nails. I try to use the replacement pins in less conspicuous areas.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I use purple power diluted 1 to 1 with water. It's amazing for greasy/grimey/dirty parts... And wire harnesses which doesn't apply here of course.
I usually use the ultrasonic, then soak in evapurust if needed and then the tumbler.

I prefer Purple Power, but sometimes use Simple Green if I’m out of Purple Power. I have a cylindrical plastic container that I fill with the parts and cleaning solution, then drop that into the ultrasonic (I run it at 60c… the heat makes a huge difference). For little parts, I use a small jar with the cleaner, saves on cleaner and cleanup.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider planetexpress.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jennings-jay-ball-bagatelle-value-1?tu=planetexpress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.