Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjthompson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

This is cross-posted in Forum»Market»Buying and selling advice -> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jennings-jay-ball-bagatelle-value#post-6805693

I have a friend that is looking to sell a Jennings Jay-Ball bagatelle.

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=11793

Neither of us has any idea what it's worth. The game is not restored but is complete and looks to be in decent cosmetic condition. Does anyone have any idea what would be fair price for both of us?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

IN addition ive added this game to the archive and stolen one of your pics for the splash
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/jay-ball

Sounds good. I can add some pictures down the road if it would helpful.

...and thanks for the input.

1 week later
#6 2 years ago

One bump in case someone with additional input may have missed this.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Jeff’s answer was spot on, that’s likely why nobody else replied.
Normally there is no real value to a bagatelle, but this one is kind of neat, being a Jennings and having some interesting features.

Quoted from cait001:

I think selling it at $300-$400 would be fair. Chances are it's going to be a display piece for someone's pinball room. These very basic bagatelles are a dime-a-dozen so prewar collectors don't really care too much.
The main thing it has going for it is the casting around the playfield and the more ornate legs + side, so it would look super duper in someone's gameroom. This machine cost way more than many of the other bagatelles of the year prior, so if you're going to have one very basic bagatelle, this would be a good one to have.

Thanks. This is exactly how I'd like to use it. I have a perfect place for it... Where a pin won't fit, of course

1 week later
#10 2 years ago

We settled on $350. Unfortunately I can't pick it up until this summer. I'll add pictures when I get it home.

6 months later
#12 1 year ago

I finally picked up the Jay-Ball. It's a little rougher than I remember but I'm very happy with it. Let me know what you all would like for pictures and I'll upload them to the DB. If there's another game with examples of the pictures you'd like to see, point me in that direction.

Does anyone have any threads for "shopping" this era of game? I'm in the middle of a Space Station resurrection so I'm not going to get to it for a while but I'd like to start reading up on it. I'd like to start by doing a good cleaning and fix up anything that's broken or missing, for example, there are several pins missing. I doubt I'll do a full restoration but any references would be appreciated.

#14 1 year ago

Thanks for the info. The Howard tips are helpful and I'm planning on using an ultrasonic & tumbler. Do you remove the pins? If so, how do you reset them?

Also, the game is missing several pins, does any place sell something that can be used as replacements?

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I remove the pins and they go through the ultrasonic and tumbler, too. I find something I can use as a guide (socket, a bit of metal tube, etc..) to get the pins all reinstalled at the same height and put them back in just a bit lower than they were before.
For replacement pins, I take samples with me and check a local hardware store that stocks a good selection of furniture fasteners in addition to normal nails. I try to use the replacement pins in less conspicuous areas.

Thanks for the tips!

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_regor:

Thanks you for the tips, looking at doing something similar in the near future with a table I am working on. Do you use something like rust-oleum in the ultrasonic?

I use purple power diluted 1 to 1 with water. It's amazing for greasy/grimey/dirty parts... And wire harnesses which doesn't apply here of course.

I usually use the ultrasonic, then soak in evapurust if needed and then the tumbler.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjthompson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jennings-jay-ball-bagatelle-value-1?tu=mjthompson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.