Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

Did any of you guys see this.........starts on 16:05 and on. Rick and Morty on the way.

#2 4 years ago

Who? Never heard of him

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Who? Never heard of him

Same - who is that?

#4 4 years ago

Now that’s a pretty damn nice crib

#5 4 years ago

ZMeny - Why didn’t you get him on an episode of pinball cribs?

#6 4 years ago

He is a Fashion Youtube bazillionare (I have a a teen age daughter)

#7 4 years ago

I have a co-worker that is always talking about this "guy" and showing me his pinball stuff.
    He has an impressive collection.

Added over 4 years ago:

No need to downvote. He considers himself gender fluid, so that would be the correct way to address it.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I have a co-worker that is always talking about this "guy" and showing me his pinball stuff.

How old is this guy to be a huge enthusiast? Or is it cause he’s a millionaire and can spend stupid money on shit that looks cool?

#9 4 years ago

it came out months ago if not longer of him being a pinball collector, "someone" has streamed from his house multiple times

#10 4 years ago

You'd think with an unlimited budget an enthusiast would put together a better collection than a room off the garage full of new Sterns and a Supreme.

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit: He has a diverse collection, I see now. Sorry for the judgy keyboarding, Jeffree. Carry on.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

You'd think with an unlimited budget an enthusiast would put together a better collection than a room off the garage full of new Sterns and a Supreme.

You just answered my question above. It’s the money that made him an enthusiast.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

He keeps his TNA in the house .

#13 4 years ago

Jack Danger/DeadFlip streams from his house all the time! Jeffrey Star started as a “drag queen star” on MySpace and produced a really weird album that edgy teen girls listed to a ton, my sister being one of them in the 2009 “Hot Topic goth kid” era.

He randomly left music and started a makeup company and then suddenly a few years ago he came into superstardom out of nowhere. His products blew up and he made millions.
    Now he has this huge pink house and a dope ass collection.

He’s an interesting character but he’s pretty clever as a businessman. He may be unorthodox but people love the sassy gay man persona right now.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

He may be unorthodox but people love the sassy gay man persona right now.

A lot of fashion Youtubers have made fortunes ( I know he got plenty of my daughter's money)

#15 4 years ago

Well now I feel old.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from joefox22:

came out months ago if not longer, someone has streamed from his house multiple times

So he is out now?

#17 4 years ago

homophobia is always hilarious...

#18 4 years ago

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

homophobia is always hilarious. Good job, boomer.

I'd be offended if he wasn't gay!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I'd be offended if he wasn't gay!

dangit, quoted me before I could edit my douchebaggery! haha

#21 4 years ago

I’m amazed at how many of you know who this guy is. I’ve never heard of him until now

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

dangit, quoted me before I could edit my douchebaggery! haha

Haha! Sorry bout that.

I'm not irked by people wanting to poke or bugger anyone they choose, good on em'...and in em', even! I only get a bit fatigued from the sentiment that we're all a bit more unique, than we really are as biological lifeforms.

I wonder what the trillions of bacteria housed in our flesh sacks, feel about our hair color, careers, political views, etc. Hmmm.

Sidenote, Andy Warhol wants his 15 minutes back! Ziiiiiiiiiinnnnng!

#23 4 years ago

26min mark of the stream, he explains he is age 33 and has been playing pinball since age 12.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

homophobia is always hilarious...

Surprisingly we’re allowed to talk about people being gay and *gasp* we can even make jokes! Who woulda thought! It’s part of being human. And I’m glad because Jeffree is introducing pinball to all sorts of people who otherwise honestly haven’t cared.

Finally I have friends who are like “oh you play pinball?? I saw those on Jeffree’s Instagram! Those must be super old they probably haven’t made them in like 50 years...” and so on and so on. Then I get to educate them and talk them into submission about the history of pinball!!

#25 4 years ago

Ya thanks a lot darknight, like I really needed another f’ing rabbit hole to go down in YouTube...

#26 4 years ago

known about him for about a year , my daughter watches his on line video's , nice collection of games , heard Stern custom made a jeffree star pinball machine for him

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Then I get to educate them and talk them into submission about the history of pinball!!

Thereby undoing all of Jeffree's hard work on behalf of the hobby! You can't reveal the throng of old nerds behind the curtain until the hook is set.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Thereby undoing all of Jeffree's hard work on behalf of the hobby! You can't reveal the throng of old nerds behind the curtain until the hook is set.

I get your sentiment, but with today’s Information Age, lots of younger folks LOVE to have information thrust at them. I’m good at telling stories so most of them find it fascinating.
    I just hosted a local game shop’s weekly stream and it was all about pinball. They asked to have me back in 2 months or so when they’re able to get a camera setup to properly film REAL pins. It’s very exciting!

So leave out the hard facts and design teams and just talk to them about the machines and that they still make them. Add in some funny stories and tell them about any local bar leagues! It goes a long way!

#29 4 years ago

Yeah, it’s no secret he’s a pinhead. I love the guy and wish him all the best. It’s refreshing when someone gives zero f$cks and does what they want and live how they want.

#30 4 years ago

My wife follows him too and was subscribed to his workshop in Amsterdam a few weeks ago, unfortunately the event was cancelled.
    She always shows me when he says something about his pinball collection..

#31 4 years ago

That house is stupidly large for a single person.

He doesn't really know what to do with his money but he wants people to know he has a lot of it.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

He doesn't really know what to do with his money but he wants people to know he has a lot of it.

See post #29.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Who cares he earned it him self he can spend it how he wants

On lots of pinball by the looks of it lol

#34 4 years ago

I found out about him though his streams with Jack Danger. He was in chat on twitch during some of the Jack's other streams too. With the ravenous fan base he has, it was nice seeming him interact with a group that wouldn't otherwise watch his videos or freak out seeing him. He seemed like a nice guy and I welcome the diversity in the hobby. I know he has sent gifts to at least one young woman who works in the world of pinball.

#35 4 years ago

Love the 5,000 Sq ft “barn” on the property. Crazy!

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Who cares he earned it him self he can spend it how he wants
    On lots of pinball by the looks of it lol

Completely agree. His accomplishments are impressive.

The house is still stupid. His income is upper class. Posting about it on YouTube is low class.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Posting about it on YouTube is low class.

LOL, that's how he got those millions.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

It’s refreshing when someone gives zero f$cks and does what they want and live how they want.

Odd, every time I do that I get called an a-hole.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

How old is this guy to be a huge enthusiast? Or is it cause he’s a millionaire and can spend stupid money on shit that looks cool?

I never heard of him. My 12 year old Daughter knows of him well. She told me he has 63 pinballs. He has been playing pins since he was 12.

Pinball isn’t that cool for 98% of the people out there, so not quite sure who he is trying to impress with buying 63 of them. I’m impressed though.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I never heard of him. My 12 year old Daughter knows of him well. She told me he has 63 pinballs. He has been playing pins since he was 12.
    Pinball isn’t that cool for 98% of the people out there, so not quite sure who he is trying to impress with buying 63 of them. I’m impressed though.

Doubt he’s trying to impress any one if I had 200mil in the bank I’d buy far more then 63 just because I could

#42 4 years ago

he's actually a very nice guy. People love his makeup line. He seems very genuine on streams etc.
    It's nice to have someone popular and current that people look up to mainstream wise, that is into pinball.

if he was at chicago expo or stern circuit finals as a guest, I can guarantee the line would be longer than it was for Elvira, Jen wow or a guitarist from a rock group.

He also did this:
    https://nbc25news.com/news/local/youtube-star-donates-20k-to-family-of-kevin-bacon

#43 4 years ago

I had to wonder what was going when JD has a 2000+ stream going on one night then I was like, oh...damn

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
    4 months later
    #45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Added 152 days ago: No need to downvote. He considers himself gender fluid, so that would be the correct way to address it.

Gender fluid? Had to look that one up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jeffree-star-is-a-huge-pinball-fan-?hl=wlf_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.