• Latest reply 7 years ago by SUPERBEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5646 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Went to troubleshoot a non responsive arrow #3 on my high speeed to discover that a small button head screw got lodged between the solder connection of the switch. Thank god it was not between a high voltage item and the lamp/ switch matrix. Removed it and all is well.

Fun fact: most commercial and industrial buildings have outlets installed where the ground plug faces upward. This is to prevent the perfect storm scenario of an item such as s penny falling off a table, landing behind a loose plug and shorting out the neutral and hot blades of the plug. With the ground upward, it closes that gap and would deflect such an item.

IMG_5646 (resized).JPGIMG_5646 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Went to troubleshoot a non responsive arrow #3 on my high speeed to discover that a small button head screw got lodged between the solder connection of the switch. Thank god it was not between a high voltage item and the lamp/ switch matrix. Removed it and all is well.

I hear you ! I had a shorted flasher circuit on my Getaway about 6 months ago. Turned out that i had dropped a tiny screw down through a hole in the playfield and landed in an open flasher socket (had removed the bulb for some reason that i cant remember) and got really lucky finding the issue. That one could have been a bitch to solve !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jeesh-that-was-lucky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.