JDJP T.RH Error

By RealityHitUHard

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello--

Last week I got the JDJP pin as my first machine. I figured this would be a good entry level model for me, but I got a T.RH error within 24 hours of playing. Initially, the game immediately detected that I’ve entered in multi-ball as soon as I take my first shot, but this has stopped since. Now the T-Rex mouth opens and closes nonstop for about a minute when booting the game. During gameplay the T-Rex multiball doesn't exist and if you shoot the ball into the mouth the T-Rex will hold the ball for 15 seconds and then spit the ball out to be blocked by the drop shots. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

#2 1 year ago

Sounds like a stick switch. Enter diagnostics and do a switch test to see if anything is stuck closed. That’s a start.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Sounds like a stick switch. Enter diagnostics and do a switch test to see if anything is stuck closed. That’s a start.

So this did work to clear out the error, and it very briefly helped with the getting the ball out, and getting multi-ball back. However the issue came back after about five games. While the error is gone the ball will disappear, and multiball shots aren't recognized.

#4 1 year ago

Were you able to determine if any switches are stuck closed?
If you clear the error, but don't fix the underlying issue, the error will return.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Were you able to determine if any switches are stuck closed?
If you clear the error, but don't fix the underlying issue, the error will return.

I'll be honest, I am so new to all of this that I have no idea where to start. When I did the diagnostics I was able to show everything in service that appeared to be out of service. I am not getting any error messages again, but it is not reading that I am getting the multiball points, and the ball gets stuck for fifteen seconds in the mouth of the T-Rex. I have done everything I can think of through the menu tests and diagnostics.

EDIT: When the ball does get stuck in the mouth the drop shot targets rise back up which then makes the ball slowly roll out to my left, which then results in the ball, often times, going straight down the playfield for a missed ball.

#6 1 year ago

Activate the switch test mode and press the switches manually. See if they show up as being triggered.

#7 1 year ago

Just an update for those who’ve helped. I spoke with Stern and it sounds like a bad Opto switch in the T-Rex’s head. The ball jams because the sensor doesn’t detect anything inside and that’s also why it isn’t triggering a multiball. Tech will be out in a few days.

Thanks for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jdjp-trh-error and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.