Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
Judge_Dredd_PF.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hello people.

I just got myself a Judge Dredd, and it already have LEDs, but I'm planning on changing some and adding some, and I was wondering what you guys would recommend?

Pictures of your JD would help a lot too, obviously so I know what it looks like!

Also, the LEDs it have are ghosting... Is there a Rom patch to fix this, or should I go for Ghostbuster LEDs?

Fred

#2 10 years ago

I am not aware of a ROM patch.

If you are pretty sure you want LEDs, you have plenty of options. The new Pinball Life LED's are getting many good reviews. I also like their color and brightness. If you are in Europe, though, you might as well go with No-Flix LED's. http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/noflix-pinball-leds-c-22.html?language=english

You should consider the cost of No-Flix against using cheap LED's (without ghost busting) combined with LED OCD controller (http://pinballhead.com/led-ocd/).

Personally, I put LED's into my Judge Dredd and ended up taking them out - there is lots of insert blinking during game play. I do not like the hard on/off of LED's and much prefer the soft blinking of incandescent bulbs. But some people find that the No Flix LED's approach the soft blinking of incandescent bulbs - I have not tried them myself.

LED's can offer some nice options, such as making the Crime Scene at the back of the playfield brighter, especially the one hidden under the Deadworld ring.

#3 10 years ago

You can definitely patch it. Just gotta find the WPC patcher...

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from comat0se:

You can definitely patch it. Just gotta find the WPC patcher...

Yep. Deadworld mod in a production game makes it a non-trivial process, but it can be done.

viperrwk

#5 10 years ago

^ thanks for the replies.

@Nosro LED OCD Doesnt ship overseas anymore. Also I really like the lightning from the LED on this machine, I have machines where I rather like the standard indecendant bulbs but this one I'm going for LEDs.
I don't know if pinball center is the best, as it's quite expensive, even with lower shipping cost, I'll look around, maybe see if I can pick up at discount code at some point.

@Comat0se and Viperrwk, I'm not very technical, can you guys link me a guide or help me out as to how to patch it? I have the L-6 rom atm, I'm going to get the Deadworld Mod and the ROM that belongs to it.

Also in general, pictures/videos of your Judge Dredds with lights on would be appreciated very much!

#6 10 years ago

I like these Such an insanely dark game in the upper middle.

Judge_Dredd_PF.jpgJudge_Dredd_PF.jpg

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

^ thanks for the replies.
@Nosro LED OCD Doesnt ship overseas anymore. Also I really like the lightning from the LED on this machine, I have machines where I rather like the standard indecendant bulbs but this one I'm going for LEDs.
I don't know if pinball center is the best, as it's quite expensive, even with lower shipping cost, I'll look around, maybe see if I can pick up at discount code at some point.
@Comat0se and Viperrwk, I'm not very technical, can you guys link me a guide or help me out as to how to patch it? I have the L-6 rom atm, I'm going to get the Deadworld Mod and the ROM that belongs to it.
Also in general, pictures/videos of your Judge Dredds with lights on would be appreciated very much!

Check your PM.

viperrwk

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

You have a lamp out...

viperrwk

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

How did you light the bottom by the apron?

#10 10 years ago

@PinballBulbs I was the one who was emailing you about Judge Dredd lighting a few weeks ago. (It started as just a question about whether the light strip kit was warm or cool white!) I'm still eager to see what kind of kit you make out of this, especially if you can offer color options because I am not a fan of blue LEDs.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

You have a lamp out...
viperrwk

ha nice catch

Quoted from Slate:

How did you light the bottom by the apron?

LED strips on each side

Problem with kit for this game is that there are some additional custom strips required which we are working out trying to make more universal for the kit.

#13 10 years ago

Here's mine - 98% No-flix plus, some CoinTaker (Deadworld), and Andy from the UK (shooter lanes, under cabinet strip, and rear playfield strip. And just got the illuminated cards for the apron from Pinballcenter too.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 10 years ago

@PinRob I didn't realize you had No-Flix in there. Do you think the on-off behavior is comparable to incandescent bulbs?

#15 10 years ago

I like them and I think they are similar to an incandescent bulb. As taken from their website "Soft on and off switching. The Noflix PLUS switches slightly delayed, similarly to a bulb."

#16 10 years ago

If you don't like the abrupt switching of LEDs another alternative is Herg's LED OCD board. Gives you much finer grain control over the lamps and allows you to use lower cost alternatives.

http://ledocd.comuv.com/index.html

viperrwk

#17 10 years ago

CoinTaker Flex's are used Alot in the inserts ,, Use Lots of Frosted's for the GI's .

Type in CoinTaker.net and you Will be Directed too Pinballbulbs ( still CoinTaker's Leds )

or Just Type in CoinTaker.com , here's the Link and a Video .. http://shop.cointaker.com/

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

CoinTaker Flex's are used Alot in the inserts ,, Use Lots of Frosted's for the GI's .
Type in CoinTaker.net and you Will be Directed too Pinballbulbs ( still CoinTaker's Leds )
or Just Type in CoinTaker.com , here's the Link and a Video .. http://shop.cointaker.com/
» YouTube video

Still cointaker LEDs? We don't sell Cointaker LEDs, sorry. No idea where they get their bulbs from. Comet, Nifty and PBL carry similar styles. It is just the direction of the LEDs currently since the current style seems to be well received by all as the do a pretty good job of light spread and look pretty cool!

All those places have them for a lower cost than Cointaker as well, so I am going to doubt they are Cointaker's LEDs. Not sure too much money could be made marking them up then.

#19 10 years ago

Bump! Keep pictures and videos coming!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jd-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.