Judge_Dredd_002.jpg
Judge_Dredd_001.jpg
DSCN1539.JPG
DSCN1540.JPG
DSCN1536.JPG
DSCN1531.JPG
DSCN1541.JPG
DSCN1530.JPG
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

^^^^^ "folks"

I'm confused enough in life o-din,your not helping.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

I just bought one for $1400 today
But its gonna need a shop job for sure

Jon

What? no 'dark roast' pic yet?

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm confused enough in life o-din,your not helping.

and who's helping me?

#54 11 years ago

We're in the middle of a blizzard, ill have a cool pic soon enough!! >

#55 11 years ago

Condition is king. A HUO Judge Dredd should go for $2500 all day long same with a damn near perfect one. A non faded JD is just rare!!! Plus several JD's and Demo Mans were parted out so they a bit more scarce now a days.

#56 11 years ago

Kerry I see now why you didn't want to post your other sales here. I am very happy and its by far the nicest quality pin I have ever owned.

#57 11 years ago

Considering I see WH20 all the time for $4k or $5k, why does anybody have a chapped ass when JD sells in the $2k's? It is absolutely baffling to me.
Seriously, consider this. WH20 is a good game but doesn't have DCS sound, just standard width. JD is also a highly regarded game, has DCS, is a widebody superpin that makes for a near perfect home game.

HUO JD should probably be selling at $3500 (somebody just said that its normal to pay $3k US in their country). If WH20 sells for what it does, why does this sound crazy? & this is just 1 example, I can think of a number of games that cost much more, but probably don't deserve to.
But if I sell my JD, like many people I'll probably have to settle for a more average price as JD still struggles a little to rebound from how ridiculously low it used to cost.
Today's prices are fine, if not still too low for JD if you compare to many other titles.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Considering I see WH20 all the time for $4k or $5k, why does anybody have a chapped ass when JD sells in the $2k's? It is absolutely baffling to me.

The difference is that 3 Dredds have sold for $1400 or lower in the last 3 months (from collectors, not lucky craigslist finds), so the disparity in selling prices have many people believing that the only reason that a 2K+ Dredd sells is because the buyer was unaware of what others were selling for.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

The difference is that 3 Dredds have sold for $1400 or lower in the last 3 months (from collectors, not lucky craigslist finds), so the disparity in selling prices have many people believing that the only reason that a 2K+ Dredd sells is because the buyer was unaware of what others were selling for.

Maybe in the areas where this might sell for $1400, you can also buy a WH20 for $2k? I'm not saying what price JD should be or needs to be, I could care less, & it is actually kind of refreshing that smart people can find a great game like this in a price range they can afford (that is why I have it!). I'm just saying that if somebody wants to drop $2300, or even $3k on a JD if that is what it takes to get one, I still see that as an incredible deal when you see what a few other of the superpin's are going for. Even look at a game like WW. Doesn't have a DMD, are generally more "beat up", & is much older & with worse sound, less game (standard body), JD ranks above it on IPDB... yet if I saw a decent WW for sale for $1400 I'd trip over my own feet trying to get it.

#60 11 years ago

looking for 1 in pa. so i dont pick sides ill stay in the middle of price war. how bout 1800.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

im the "unaware buyer" here ..1400 im sure are out there.Add 400$ SH..So for an extra 500$ I was able to visually walk up and look at it play it and I walked away with a very nice machine.Again bring your pin funds to CA and see if you can even land a bawatch for what you think JD is worth

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from tp:

looking for 1 in pa. so i dont pick sides ill stay in the middle of price war. how bout 1800.

I was thinking about having my JD for sale soon, having owned it for 5 years & only having room for 4 games it might be time for something new. But I said that 2 years ago too & I can't seem to talk myself into parting with it. Which might be exactly why people are demanding more than a few years ago to part with the game. I mean, regarding the $1400 price tag, there simply isn't a game in existence that I can get for $1400 that is as good as JD, so why would I be willing to sell it for $1400? I'd rather keep it if I don't get the price I think it is worth. I think that is what has been happening to owners & why prices are rising on the game.

My JD is HUO (real HUO) & its obvious once you inspect it. There is some fade on the front, but that is the only flaw I can think of & I actually went 3 years before I even noticed there was some fade there. Deadworld mod.
I'm less concerned about the price I sell it for than I am about just being able to replace it with another great game. I'd probably rather trade it. But I'll always listen to offers for buying or trading. I might even put all 4 of my games on the block this year since I've owned them all a while now.

#63 11 years ago

Dan...

I'm glad you purchased the game and are happy with it. You made a great effort to come over and drove a good distance as well. Enjoy your new toy!

Thanks again!
Kerry

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Yep....but I believe two of them were in rough condition ...so again 1400 for a nice JD is not a common happening.

#65 11 years ago

I've got my JD on Craigslist for 2600. Very nice example and I'm actually losing a little on what I paid plus invested in it. One of the first responses I got was,pinside says it is a 1400 pin so you are overpriced. Told the guy to not buy it then and he responded 3 or 4 more times getting a little nasty. Crazy. If I don't sell just going to move into unfinished basement when new pin arrives. It's a lot of game for a bargain at under $3000.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

I got was,pinside says it is a 1400 pin so you are overpriced.

Pinhacker71... That's why I started this thread. I have had several emails & PM's saying I actually under sold the game.

I'm happy with the deal and so is Buyer (Dan). That's all that matters.

Good luck on your sale.

Kerry

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

... Told the guy to not buy it then and he responded 3 or 4 more times getting a little nasty. Crazy. ...

Unfortunately, I'm sure you and I are not alone in experiencing this.

This is probably the least pleasant aspect of "pinflation" that I have experienced as a seller. Some people seem to believe that they are an authority on the "proper" price (which is invariably lower) and are convinced that anyone offering more must be an idiot. The fact that the idiots outnumber these self-appointed authorities only seems to encourage them to fight harder and convince the seller that he is wrong.

Seems like a classic backfire effect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias#Backfire_effect

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm happy with the deal and so is Buyer (Dan). That's all that matters.

Why does it ever have to go beyond this point?

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Xscrapiron:

im the "unaware buyer" here ..1400 im sure are out there.Add 400$ SH..So for an extra 500$ I was able to visually walk up and look at it play it and I walked away with a very nice machine.Again bring your pin funds to CA and see if you can even land a bawatch for what you think JD is worth

I saw the game on Craigslist and it looked immaculate. I knew it would sell at that price. Then I saw and played the game in person on Saturday and it was as advertised and played phenomenal. The buyer knew exactly what he wanted and didn't hesitate. That's how transactions should go down. Congrats to buyer and seller.

#69 11 years ago

I've never sold a game on ebay, CL, Pinside, RGP or Mr. Pinball as I prefer to deal with the local guys I know.

Am I leaving money on the table by doing so?

Sure, but I don't have to deal with "people" either

Maybe some spray paint & ambition is all I need to profit from my hobby.

#70 11 years ago

Don't really care what others say. bought one ,project machine 1K . needed $400 in parts to make whole. So I have 1400 in mine and Its not near completion tons of work and ancilary parts yet to come .So 1400 got me bunk!

Judge_Dredd_001.jpgJudge_Dredd_001.jpg Judge_Dredd_002.jpgJudge_Dredd_002.jpg

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I've never sold a game on ebay, CL, Pinside, RGP or Mr. Pinball as I prefer to deal with the local guys I know.
Am I leaving money on the table by doing so?
Sure, but I don't have to deal with "people" either
Maybe some spray paint & ambition is all I need to profit from my hobby.

Ah shit I did sell a game on Pinside this weekend I forgot

It's official

JD is a really expensive game now

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Maybe this will help your baffle a bit. Wh20 isn't worth 5K, and a JD isn't worth 2s.

#73 10 years ago

Here we go again....

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So 1400 got me bunk!

The playfield looks nice!

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe this will help your baffle a bit. Wh20 isn't worth 5K, and a JD isn't worth 2s.

+1 Exactly. Why people overpay for Wh20 is beyond me. It will suck for them when they see I've bought a very nice one for 3k and wonder about the 2000 bucks they just pissed away.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The playfield looks nice!

Thats why it was worth it to me

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

... and Its not near completion tons of work and ancilary parts yet to come .

Does this mean you are waiting on parts to arrive, or are you still searching for particular parts?

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Don't really care what others say. bought one ,project machine 1K . needed $400 in parts to make whole. So I have 1400 in mine and Its not near completion tons of work and ancilary parts yet to come .So 1400 got me bunk!

Buying a project and piecing together for a $1400 machine doesn't make this a $1400 game. It means you got a unique deal and had ability to fix it. So now that its working you will sell for $1400?

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So now that its working you will sell for $1400?

No it sits ....and waits ,when its done PF CC'ed and rebuilt I will play it for a good while then If i sell it I"m sure to ask more.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Does this mean you are waiting on parts to arrive, or are you still searching for particular parts?

I have acquired most of the items . still in need of a plastic or two.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

No it sits ....and waits ,when its done PF CC'ed and rebuilt I will play it for a good while then If i sell it I"m sure to ask more.

Yea exactly

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Why are so many gleefully trying to inflate the pinball prices? This mentality is what's buggered the world economy and made it so only the very well off can get on the property ladder anymore.

Because nobody will gloat if they cut a good deal, possibly even losing money, or if they cut a good deal to a newb to help them enter or progress on the hobby. The norm is to brag about how high a price they got. Big list of fancy mods and cliffy what nots and ridiculous prices for all of it.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Because nobody will gloat if they cut a good deal, possibly even losing money, or if they cut a good deal to a newb to help them enter or progress on the hobby. The norm is to brag about how high a price they got. Big list of fancy mods and cliffy what nots and ridiculous prices for all of it.

Just the opposite...

I started this thread bcuz, there was a long running previous thread, on JD's being $1400. I priced mine fairly at $2300 (I threw in a new in package Pinbits Dead World mod & a T2 carpet/mat I had) and it sold quickly. I actually feel I under priced it. No regrets. It as not to boast about the sale, it was simply my opinion, that JD is not a $1400 game.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Just the opposite... It as not to boast about the sale, it was simply my opinion, that JD is not a $1400 game.

You keep saying you were "simply" doing this or that. But there is nothing "simple" about making a universal claim based on your singular experience. That's the problem. Sell your machine for what you think it's worth and enjoy the fruits. It is a mistake to use your sale as definitive proof that a certain pin is now worth x dollars. Just don't bother. If you find those other JD-bashing posts to be silly, then you can imagine how people perceive your post.

I firmly believe that the small intrepid band of people that continue to under-estimate pin values such as JD, are just doing so in the vain attempt to stem the tide of the over-estimators out there whose numbers appear to be increasing ten-fold daily. Personally, my hat is off to those brave souls who fight against pin inflation, even though I fear their cause is ultimately doomed.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

Personally, my hat is off to those brave souls who fight against pin inflation, even though I fear their cause is ultimately doomed.

No hats off here, they're just annoying. Call out a sale thread if the price is BS, but jumping in and saying STTNG IS A 3K PIN THIS IS A RIPOFF isn't fighting pin inflation, it's living in the past. Forum comments don't set prices, buyers with cash in hand do.

I think the current prices suck, not a fan, but whining about it constantly won't change the market.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I JUST sold a very nice and clean JD with zero fade, deadworld mod, sparkly topper, great lakes flipper board, etc for $1700. Granted, it was to a really nice guy and friend...I guess the moral of the story is to start networking for potentially better prices.

The other moral of the story is: never underestimate the drawing power of gaudy painted/coated hardware. It works for Great American Pinball.

#87 10 years ago

Im going to screw up the topic. Anyone need a JD Playfiled for their 1400 JD machine?
I've got one in nice condition, if anyone is interested. Make me an offer.

It was going into my JD machine, but alas the machine made it only about 60 days at the house. Wife and kid did not like it. I paid 2K and sold it for slight few dollars less.

I dont think i have ever seen one under 2k. Lots of features and widebody. It is probably one of the best bargains out there.

#88 10 years ago

How about enjoying what you have, and not constant hunt your grail.
That should settle it down a bit

#89 10 years ago

when I'm done fixing up my dredd ill ask at least 2,300

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

How about enjoying what you have, and not constant hunt your grail.

JD was my grail, and I'm enjoying it!

#91 10 years ago

I could be in the minority but the judge dredd I have is not a $1400 machine. Now others may feel different but if the choice is to sell for $1400 or keep it, it's not leaving. I really don't see how a williams dmd could sell for a hundred dollars less than the lethal weapon 3 I just sold. It's so much more of a game than lw3. It's just my opinion though and if I sell JD its only leaving if it's 2k or more and 2k I'm still not sure.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

when I'm done fixing up my dredd ill ask at least 2,300

I think this is a very fair price

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I really don't see how a williams dmd could sell for a hundred dollars less than the Lethal Weapon 3 I just sold.

Because you sold you LW3 for 500-600 more than it's worth?

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because you sold you LW3 for 800 more than it's worth?

Possibly but I don't think lw3 is only a $700 game either and obviously condition and location is king. Here in KC there probably are quite a bit of pins but finding them for sale at a reasonable price is the hard part. I think there is a similar markup to Chicago.

I also sold my lw3 to a person looking for one on craigslist so I wasn't looking to sell it and wasn't gonna take a loss just to make someone happy that I didn't know at the time. I bet if you priced a lw3 at $700 right now on craigslist your phone would blow up.

I think the easiest thing to do when it comes to selling a machine is to always start at a high market price and adjust till there is interest in it, then you have your machine price.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Possibly but I don't think lw3 is only a $700 game either and obviously condition and location is king.

Yeah I edited my price right after as I was confused with the maths. LW3 to me is a 900-1000 game. Again...it's different for a bunch of reasons all over the place.

#96 10 years ago

I just wanted to point out, the JD for sale on here from the chicago area just sold for $2850 6 days ago. Not bad for a $1400 pin!
I think some people are finally seeing that anything under $3k might be a good deal for this game considering all the games out there that cost more but aren't as fun.
As I say all the time, if there was a pin for $1400 that offered just as much as JD does, I'd gladly sell mine for $1400. But so far the only games I see that are worthy to replace JD are all at least $2600+ games, if not much more.

#97 10 years ago

We all saw a WCS sell for $4850 not long ago. Not bad for an $1700ish game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jd-is-not-a-1400-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.