Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by m111111
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Bally Judge Dredd Manual.pdf (PDF preview)

#1 1 year ago

Judge Dredd

From the moment i turn on the machine, the crane (Lifter Arm #01-11980) starts running and never stops.
Any ideas?

I suspect it might be the opto on the CRANE CAM (#03-8998) under the playfield.
I get no response from the opto in switch testmode, is there any easy way to test that opto without disassembling the mech?

#2 1 year ago

You probably won't see a response unless you are activating the opto (ie. Loading balls into the games and watching the optos register the balls as the pass by the optos.

I would assume you are correct that is the opto, but you will need to get to it to check it out. May just be some debris blocking it.

Quoted from m111111:

Judge Dredd
From the moment i turn on the machine, the crane (Lifter Arm #01-11980) starts running and never stops.
Any ideas?
I suspect it might be the opto on the CRANE CAM (#03-8998) under the playfield.
I get no response from the opto in switch testmode, is there any easy way to test that opto without disassembling the mech?

#3 1 year ago

Yes, the opto on Crane Cam was covered with coil-dust. Works fine now Thanx
However.....
I cannot seem to figure out what tool to use to loosen / fasten the crane cam for calibration.. There seems to be a tiny locking-screw in the middle there.
Anyone got an idea of what tool is needed for this?

#4 1 year ago

Actually, it seems the locking screw on the Crane Cam is not there at all.... the Cam is loose.. no wonder the calibration is way off...

The CraneCam itself seems to be in good shape though... Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for this locking screw?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from m111111:

Actually, it seems the locking screw on the Crane Cam is not there at all.... the Cam is loose.. no wonder the calibration is way off...
The CraneCam itself seems to be in good shape though... Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for this locking screw?

This help? You can tro to reference the part numbers for tools and specs.

Bally Judge Dredd Manual.pdf
#6 1 year ago

Jup thanks Pbatt

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside