(Topic ID: 132216)

JD Color DMD Delayed Sentencing

By phillymadison

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I just installed my first colordmd into my Judge Dredd. It looks great but I noticed there's a 1 to 2 second delay when someone gets sentenced. You hear Dredd say "life for canabalism" but the screen will be black for a second or 2 then it'll show the picture. Sometimes the screen be delayed then it will show it in red when it comes on, but that's rare. It also seems to be a delay when I do either of the loops too. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this because I couldn't find a video of it on YouTube or it's just a glitch that'll need to be addressed in a update.
I recently changed the Rom to the deadworld upgrade Rom but it still does it, so it's not the Rom.
Any insight or tips would be appreciated

#2 8 years ago

It is actually supposed to be like that. It is around half a second usually. JD used a lot random transitions which were impossible it color with the way the ColorDMD engine works. The best work around was to have those transitions blacked out. It is what it is unfortunately, but it is a fair trade off for color I think though.

#3 8 years ago

Well Gov nobody would know more than you I suppose lol. I thought I installed the flash drive wrong or something. If that's the way it's supposed to be I have no issues with it and as a whole it looks fantastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 85.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jd-color-dmd-delayed-sentencing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.