Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Zinzangzoom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a problem with my judge dredd. I replaced the transister and coil on my trough coil that ejects balls and it worked fine for a month. now every time I start a game the trough coil keeps ejecting balls like multiball. I cleaned the opto under the playfield. Checked all my connection in the back box took off the 2 opto boards and visually they look good. Any help or suggestions on what to try next would be appriciated. Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Look over your switch matrix in the manual, find the row and column the ball jam opto is on ( last opto on ball trough board the ball goes by going to the shooter lane ) check the other switches in the same row or column for a short to switch lugs/wiring.

LTG : )™

#3 5 years ago

I had a demolition man that just continuously fired balls over and over. There was a broken wire on the trough opto board. It might be something simple like that

#4 5 years ago

Zing, I'm still pretty much a beginner at pinball repair so you probably know more than me. You said the two opto boards "visually looked good". Is there a way to test them? My JD did the same thing so I replaced those boards and now it works.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for all your replies, u really think people on pinside are awsome. Any way I been looking over and over and learned a lot so far. But I might just order the boards online ND try that. Here's my problem if anyone has any other ideas. Ball keeps going into multi ball and will be good for a while until it starts to look for a ball and when it does it starts ejecting balls like multi ball. I went into switch test and all are not active but for top trough (which is causing my problem), globe position 1 which goes to closed on switch matrix and switch 32 that is not used which I find weird. Also my ball captive 2 will not register on switch matrix which i also find weird and is on the same line as top trough. Any way I looked at trough boards and resoilder all the joints tested all resistors everything looked good and now I will replace the trough boards and see what happens. I will let you know when I get new trough boards. I hope it works because I'm starting to go crazy. Thanks for everyone's response and will update you.

#6 5 years ago

Zing,

I think the trough boards from GLM will fix the multiball problem. Good luck. Post how it goes.

#7 5 years ago

I had the same problem. Opted to just buy a new set of opto boards from GLM

1 month later
#8 4 years ago

Changed trough boards and my judge dredd is now fixed. Thanks everyone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside