7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by doghouse
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Is anyone in contact with or know this guy? I was buying a pin from him, sent a deposit via PayPal and he has disappeared. Hasn't responded to texts, phone calls, emails, or PM for 3 months. I asked for a refund about 30 days ago if he no longer has the game, but only silence. Unfortunately sent as a gift, so recovery is going to be difficult if he doesn't resurface.

#2 7 years ago

I bought an ACDC Premium from him about 3 years ago, had it shipped to me via STI. Guy seemed fine to me then.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I bought an ACDC Premium from him about 3 years ago, had it shipped to me via STI. Guy seemed fine to me then.
    Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Yes, he seemed fine the couple of times we spoke on the phone, hence I felt OK sending him a PayPal gift. He also had a long history on Pinside, which gave me a sense of security as well.

We were negotiating for a total of three machines, one of which I committed to, and sent a deposit for. I was just waiting for more pictures of the other two when he fell off the face of the earth.

#4 7 years ago

I just did a pretty exhaustive search for you. And I've just reached an unfortunate conclusion.

https://www.facebook.com/Lyons-Classic-Pinball-102193176490093/

Lyons Classic Pinball
    March 19 ·
    Sad news of a loss in the pinball community to a friend and fellow collector and player. Our hearts go out to John's family. You'll be missed...

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from thelastjay:

I just did a pretty exhaustive search for you. And I've just reached an unfortunate conclusion.
    https://www.facebook.com/Lyons-Classic-Pinball-102193176490093/
    Lyons Classic Pinball
    March 19 ·
    Sad news of a loss in the pinball community to a friend and fellow collector and player. Our hearts go out to John's family. You'll be missed...

Wow. Is that John Conner? I didn't see his last name associated with the photo on Facebook.

#6 7 years ago

Maybe, maybe not. That's just a fairly educated guess I've made. Sorry, I should have made that more clear. Here's a bit more of the evidence I used to come to that conclusion. Lyons Pinball congratulated a "John Conner" on various pinball tournaments \ gatherings throughout the years on their Facebook page. The posts that had John Conner mentioned all had one face in common. The memorial photo they posted shows him without glasses, but so did a couple of the tourney results photos. You can most easily see this with a Google image search of "John Conner Pinball" that turns up a bunch of the Lyons Pinball photos.

https://www.google.com/search?q=john+conner+pinball&source=lnms&tbm=isch

I tried to do further research on their actual website [http://www.lyonspinball.com], but I couldn't get it to load at the time. It does seem to be working intermittently now. Lyons is a pretty good drive from Colorado Springs, which you mentioned as his location. It's likely not that big of an obstacle for a dedicated pinhead's weekly tournament or league meeting though.

You said you hadn't heard back from him in 3 months, which matches the pinside activity of JC_Pins last seen March 14. The memorial photo was posted March 20. If this could be your guy, that time frame certainly matches. I tried searching some local papers (Coloado Springs, Lyons, Longmont, Boulder) for an obituary but couldn't come up with anything in the time I allowed myself.

But it could definitely be a different John Conner in the Denver area that's heavily into pinball that unfortunately passed in the suspected disappearance window.

#7 7 years ago

I did a quick search and the Lyons memorial picture is the same as the profile photo for a John Conner from Colorado Springs on the IFPA website.

#8 7 years ago

Thank you

Quoted from thelastjay:If this could be your guy, that time frame certainly matches. I tried searching some local papers (Coloado Springs, Lyons, Longmont, Boulder) for an obituary but couldn't come up with anything in the time I allowed myself.
    But it could definitely be a different John Conner in the Denver area that's heavily into pinball that unfortunately passed in the suspected disappearance window.

Thank you for that. It never occurred to me that this is what happened. I did unfortunately confirm a little while ago with a mutual friend in Colorado that this is the same John Conner that passed away. Very sad story.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jc_pins-john-conner-colorado-springs-co and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.